Turned 21 Today!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Turned 21 Today!!!

Yep, today is my 21st Birthday! Too bad i have to spend it out on an oil rig where there in no alcohol allowed at all whatsoever....

At least the Company man let me go to a local gas station at midnight and buy a beer, but one beer is all the alcohol i get today. Sucks....

Boomer Sooner!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

That does suck, but I'm sure the money you bring in from being out on the rig will provide you multiple opportunities to buy alcohol later lol. I turn 23 at the end of August, I always had this idea that everyone here was in their 30's and 40's.

P.S. Happy birthday man!!!

Wendy Peffercorn...

Last edited by hs1113; 06-20-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Forgot the most important part.
post #3 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

That sucks... have a good bithday day and be safe
post #4 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Happy birthday! Should have told him you got "lost" and got some more beer.

post #5 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you ever make out to Cheyenne, I'llbuy you a beer. Have fun and remember Love's company policy is they quit selling beer at midnight.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #6 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSHU View Post
Happy birthday! Should have told him you got "lost" and got some more beer.
Haha well i was thinking about doing something like that. But the gas station i went to that is about 15 miles from the rig was closed at midnight, so i ended up having to drive and 45 minutes away to buy a beer, then 45 minutes back, and i think he was expecting me to go to the closer one. So i didnt want to chance it. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs1113 View Post
That does suck, but I'm sure the money you bring in from being out on the rig will provide you multiple opportunities to buy alcohol later lol. I turn 23 at the end of August, I always had this idea that everyone here was in their 30's and 40's.

P.S. Happy birthday man!!!
Haha yea, that is for sure. Going to Lake Texoma for the fourth of July, and trust me, there will be plenty of celebrating down there!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil10 View Post
That sucks... have a good bithday day and be safe

Thanks man!! I will! You guys be safe also!

Boomer Sooner!!!

Last edited by Bpcullen; 06-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.
post #7 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b03 View Post
If you ever make out to Cheyenne, I'llbuy you a beer. Have fun and remember Love's company policy is they quit selling beer at midnight.
I might have to take you up on that sometime!

Does loves really quit selling beer at midnight? I didnt know that. Loves is owned by a catholic couple that lives here in okc though, so not that surprising. But they are good people and donate a LOT..... I mean a LOT of money to my church every year.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Last edited by Bpcullen; 06-20-2012 at 09:50 AM.
post #8 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Happy Birthday!!!

post #9 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcullen View Post
I might have to take you up on that sometime!

Does loves really quit selling beer at midnight? I didnt know that. Loves is owned by a catholic couple that lives here in okc though, so not that surprising. But they are good people and donate a LOT..... I mean a LOT of money to my church every year.
I think they got sued for selling beer to a somebody that drank it and died while driving late in the night. I guess they figure they can't be sued for selling something to make somebody drouzy at 12 like they can at 2.
Kinda like Kmart quit selling ammo when it turned out that the guns at Columbine were shooting Kmart ammo.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #10 of 41 Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b03 View Post
I think they got sued for selling beer to a somebody that drank it and died while driving late in the night. I guess they figure they can't be sued for selling something to make somebody drouzy at 12 like they can at 2.
Kinda like Kmart quit selling ammo when it turned out that the guns at Columbine were shooting Kmart ammo.
Yea, i guess that kind of makes sense. Just no point in even possibly hurting your company for a little extra profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks man!

Boomer Sooner!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in