Tuner Scene Vs. Sport Bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Question Cars Vs. Sport Bikes

Whats up guys, I'm currently in the tuner car thing; and I'm positively 99% sure I'm going to crossover into the bike scene. I want to get you guys honest and seriously thought out answers on this. Whats your opinion cars and bikes

Last edited by DarcshadowZ; 06-26-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Chads10R Send a message via Yahoo to Chads10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcshadowZ
Whats up guys, I'm currently in the tuner car thing; and I'm positively 99% sure I'm going to crossover into the bike scene, tired of spending money on my ride; I'd rather go crotch rocket with a ZX10R. I want to get you guys honest and seriously thought out answers on this. Do you think the sport bike scene is more hip than the tuner scene (japanese cars)
It is not about which scene is more hip. You do what you love.

"Dum Spiro Spero"
(While I breath, I hope)
www.citadel.edu

2004 Black ZX-10R

"An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
post #3 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah, thats what I hear. From what I see from my own two eyes; it does look like the tuner scene/car scene is a bit more popular. Then again I don't know, I know speed channel doesn't show bikes worth of shit hardly. Everything is Nascar or some type of four wheel racing.
post #4 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 06:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Being other there, being one with man and machine, adrenalin pumping, knee dragging, only one thing on your mind stay on the road and closer to nature. That's why I love to ride.
post #5 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Also, I'm going to be on you guys shoulders on this. I'm tired of people giving bikers or bikes a bad name; saying "your gonna kill yourself", "the organ donor crowd". This comes from people who get into accidents(Jason Williams, Kellen Winslow stupid ass and others that think they are invincibable) and don't know what they are doing with the bike and have no protective gear. Most of them from what I hear have not even been to the safety school, they learn from Johnny Smith down the street, and when they get the cash; they buy the CBR, GSXR, Ninja or some sport bike and start doing stupid shit that Johnny taught them and then they get into an accident. I'm not an experience rider like you guys and I want to learn and do it the right way. If you mind your surroundings and remember your training, you'll be okay. Hell there have been people riding for years and you don't see them doing retarded crap on the road in traffic.

But anyway back to the topic at hand...............I had to get that out.

Last edited by DarcshadowZ; 06-25-2006 at 07:01 PM.
post #6 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

More Hip? what tha hell, we are not in this sport for the style or at least im not. THis sport is not a fad like others out there, yeah the 2 bike movies kinda made it seem that way but the real sport is nowhere near what the movies made it out to be..........And on the remark you made about tired of spending money on your car , well you are in for a surprise. For the 3 years I have been riding most of my paychecks go towards my bike and gear etc. For me my bike is my addiction kinda like crack is to a basehead.........So by all means leave those imports alone and come aboard the fast paced life of sportbikes........

By the way , welcome to the boards and 1 other thing, Do not start out on the zx10 for a starter bike, you need to start alittle smaller. A used 636 will be a great starter bike and it wont break the bank too much when you lay it down. I know what youre sayin right now " I am not gonna wreck" well bro there are 2 kinds of riders, the ones that have been down and the ones that will go down, so with that said, a wreck is bound to happen with your first bike but education in this sport is the key to a safe ride. THe 636 will have plenty of juice to keep you satisfied for a couple of years until you build up the skill for a liter bike. TRUST ME THE ZX10 IS NOT FOR THE BEGINNER!!. Build you skill not your speed.

Ok bro IM done ranting I just dont want you to end up like numerous others that start out 2 big 2 soon. Be safe and enjoy yourself thats what its all about.......

post #7 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine666
More Hip? what tha hell, we are not in this sport for the style or at least im not.
Whoa, Whoa, I'm just asking bro. Just general opinion
post #8 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to steptomyjett
Quote:
By the way , welcome to the boards and 1 other thing, Do not start out on the zx10 for a starter bike, you need to start alittle smaller. A used 636 will be a great starter bike and it wont break the bank too much when you lay it down. I know what youre sayin right now " I am not gonna wreck" well bro there are 2 kinds of riders, the ones that have been down and the ones that will go down, so with that said, a wreck is bound to happen with your first bike but education in this sport is the key to a safe ride. THe 636 will have plenty of juice to keep you satisfied for a couple of years until you build up the skill for a liter bike. TRUST ME THE ZX10 IS NOT FOR THE BEGINNER!!. Build you skill not your speed.

post #9 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 07:31 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have owned sportbikes for the last 8 years, I have had "tuner" cars for 12 years. I currently drive a 1990 Talon AWD Turbo w/ light mods, since I bought the 10 and since I work in the motorcycle industry, I have lost most interest in the car scene, I spend my spare money on my bike and ride way more than I drive, when I go to the track I take the bike, not the car. I will keep the car to drive in the winter and on shitty days, but I won't spend more money on it! Next year when the wifes done with school I will buy a new car, probably an STS or Lexus LS400, neither one being a tuner car:-) And I'll give the talon to my brother or my buddy, who still builds tuner cars. I'm 33 have 2 daughters a step son and a wife, the tuner scene is just not the one for me anymore. And motorcycle folks are way cooler:-)

SG

Green is fastest.
post #10 of 46 Old 06-25-2006, 07:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
"more hip"

my advice, best stick to ghey tuner cars, cause you're gonna hurt yourself on a bike. just what we need, more posers.

Live it before its too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in