Truck drivers - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-06-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Truck drivers

I would just like to know if there are any Semi drivers we have on here. I know that most motorcyclists' pretty much hate them. but since my hours have gone down from about 50 hrs a week to about between 5-8 hrs a week and have had a horrible time lookin for another job.. I decided to go to school for trucking. So I was just wondering who all drive and who do you do it for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I was actually just about to do the same thing a few months back and it's still an option i'm keeping open. i have a few buddies and cousins on the wifes side who all drive trucks. all of them seem to really like it and make pretty damn good money. i think it depends on what endorsements you have and if you're willing to travel out of state....that will determine how your pay comes out though?

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #3 of 7 Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I was an owner-operator in the late 70's early 80's

reefers & a little flatbedding

there's some big money to be made right now in N Dak....like $30,000/month...........if you really want to work
post #4 of 7 Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Im a local truck driver here in Denver CO. I've been driving (semis) since I was 18 and Im 34 now.

I think going to school for it is a good idea but you will find that alot of what they teach you, you will forget. I would also beware of some of the big name OTR companys out there. Such as Swift, CR England, Werner etc. If you like you can call or PM me if you have any questions.

When do you start school?

-John
720-496-3540 cell
post #5 of 7 Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I've got a buddy that drives. Local most days, out of town two. The pay isn't bad, but when you divide it by the hours worked it starts to look a little less rosy.

I don't hate trucks, I respect that they can't see me, can't accelerate and can't stop as fast as me. I do hate getting stuck behind them though on a two laner!
post #6 of 7 Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Im in school now and graduate 11/18/11. I know that I have to decide where I wanna go. I have a couple friends and family members that are drivers and they all make a good bit. I have about 7 previews thatall will take me as long as I pass my cdl test.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I am a diesel mechanic for a large plumbing and sewer company in north NJ. I don't drive the trucks on a regular basis, but I do get out in them quite often, but its all local stuff, no long hauls.

I got my training from the company I work for, and now I do most of the CDL training for the company. I have trained 7 guys to get their licenses and only 1 of them didn't pass the 1st time.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in