Ticket Sunday - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ticket Sunday

This post is not on wether I should pay or not; I'm will pay because I know I was speeding. My intention is to get yuor opinion on the way it was handled. Here are the facts:

Typical Sunday morning ride, about 13 riders. After a 16 mile ride we made it to our spot, Pali HWY. An uphill four lane hwy, about 3-4 miles long with some nice long turns. We took off, don't know the speed but I remember thinking "Why Am I not going faster?" In addition, the guy behind me passed me like a rocket in his 1098. At that point I became fifth in the group. It is a 45MPH zone, I beleive I was doing between 70 to 80 (reason why I'm paying and not complaining, here 30MPH over is automatic reckeless driving, impound, and jail). When we made it to the top, ready to turn and go back down, TURN OF YOUR BIKES AND GET OFF!!!! GOD, is that you talking to me, is this a sign? GET OFF YOUR BIKES!!!!! Well it was not God:headshake Out of the 13 riders, seven of us made it to the top before the cop, in the balck-no markings-no lights-camaro, stopped us. He only wanted the first four and remember, I was fifth. Neither of the three additional riders to include me could get out of the area. Here we go, ussual license-registration-insurance. Within 5 minutes we had three other patrol cars and four motorcycle officers. Everyone got a ticket for $97, but here is the odd part, the officer who stopped us did not issue all the tickets. It was divided between all of them. The one who issued mine told he did not know what happened, or how fast I was going, he did it based on the report from the original officer who admitted not using the speed gun, but gaged it by the speed in his car. By the way, he said he had to go 80MPH finally catch up to us , not to measure our speed. After we got our prize we realized that rider number two did not get a ticket because he did not give his information to the officer. Lucky guy since he did not have registration tag or papers, insurance card, or safety inspection. Ironically, one of the officers told him to fix his license plate because it was to far up, but did not notice the lack of registration tag. We left and noticed a ton of cops all around the typical riding spot, so we decided to take it easy. We got stopped two more times. One of the riders was told to tow his bike home because it did not look safe. On the way home, we rode in formation staggered, same speed to avoid problems. Two officers in motorcycles cut thru our formation and stopped the second rider and one from the middle. What the heck for???? What happenned now???? That's what the rest of us wondered. We stooped half mile down to wait when, guess what????, another police officer showed up asking for our papers!!!! One of the riders talked to the officer and after a couple minutes we found out, it was sport bike ticket weekend!!!. Police department received a complints from drivers about idiots in sport bikes hitting their car side mirrors. I'll be mad too!!! Long story. What do you think???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Man Next Time U Hear That Click 2 Down And Byee F T P

Dont Worry Be Happy
post #3 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:42 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

I have a ANTI- speeding ticket web site, but just for the State of Georgia. Not much help for you. Myself? I never pay traffic tickets and neither do the 1000's of people that contact me.

www.ticketkiller.net

In the State of Georgia everytime a Porbate Judge finds you guilty of a traffic violation, depending on the fine amount up to 3 dollars surcharge is added to the fine to go into their retirement fund. WTF??? Yep you read that correct. Probate judges in Georgia have financial incentives to find you guilty. This is NOT BS!

Then all the rest of the courts add anywhere from 30-60% junk fees to fund new law librarys, new computers for the courts, prosecutor training fund, and on and on and on. Its UN-F#CKING beleiveable. Nothing to do with safety whatsoever. If it was safety, and people stopped speeding, the Government would collapse.

Anybody in Georgia get a traffic ticket, I give FREE CD's to you if you ride a bike.

If your not from Georgia visit my website anyway and see what I am doing.

www.ticketkiller.net

JJ
post #4 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Grease
How do you know that the first officer only wanted the first 4, did he say so? Did you hear it?

Don't know how Hawaii handles the tickets, but it that happened in AL, then it would be closer to $300 and I definately would be going to court since I was fifth, the officer only wanted the first 4, the officer issuing my ticket didn't know exactly what happened or how fast...or even if I was 10 MPH slower than the "offending group". The fact that your issuing officer doesn't know how fast and that the initial officer said the first 4 were the issue ought to be enough to maybe get you off or allow you to take driver school instead of a ticket?

Or, you could pay up like you said. You did it and got a ticket and are owning up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmejia View Post
Man Next Time U Hear That Click 2 Down And Byee F T P
...and THAT is why I try to stick to the tracks. Pre-pubescent actions like that get me a ticket for going 10 over because they couldn't catch the doofus running 150 on a county road.

Bikes: '88 EX250 (sold), '86 Nighthawk S (sold), '03 ZX7R (R.I.P.s), '07 ZX10R (sold)

I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders.
My idea of 'gun control' is putting as many bullets as I can into the same hole.

- Ted Nugent
Iím all for gun control, I just define it a little differently. If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, thatís gun control!
- Jesse Ventura
God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time. - Stephen E. Ambrose

Last edited by Grease; 03-17-2008 at 03:49 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Might be worth fighting. The "arresting" office, by his own admission, had no first hand knowledge of the offense, only what the other officer told him. Unless the laws are different in Hawaii, I don't think they a case. The speed is alleged, not clocked, and motorcycle speeds are to judge (guess). Just my two centavos.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sound like a bunch of good luck with that.

Life is too short injoy it!
post #7 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=Grease;887678]How do you know that the first officer only wanted the first 4, did he say so? Did you hear it?QUOTE]

I did not hear it, but the other riders did, plus the riders behind the police officer. For some reason I did not. Maybe it was fate. I told the wife and she said "You make the crime, do the time". Bottom line, I did speed.
post #8 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:55 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease View Post
How do you know that the first officer only wanted the first 4, did he say so? Did you hear it?

Don't know how Hawaii handles the tickets, but it that happened in AL, then it would be closer to $300 and I definately would be going to court since I was fifth, the officer only wanted the first 4, the officer issuing my ticket didn't know exactly what happened or how fast...or even if I was 10 MPH slower than the "offending group". The fact that your issuing officer doesn't know how fast and that the initial officer said the first 4 were the issue ought to be enough to maybe get you off or allow you to take driver school instead of a ticket?

Or, you could pay up like you said. You did it and got a ticket and are owning up to it.

...and THAT is why I try to stick to the tracks. Pre-pubescent actions like that get me a ticket for going 10 over because they couldn't catch the doofus running 150 on a county road.

I disagree. Mainly because I dont beleive there are any Moral obligations to just pay up. Why?

In 90% of all traffic tickets I research for friends, family members and co- workers I can find something the state did illegal in issuing the ticket.

The 1st thing I teach people how to do is get a certified copy of the officers training records. I can kill a ticket in Georgia 50% of the time this way by showing that the officer has never had the required radar or laser training and if he has his certification has lapsed, or he has failed to get the annual training to keep the legal power of arrest. This makes the ticket unlawfully issued and kills the ticket without ever even discussing what happend out on the road. That is the beauty of what I call Trial by Ambush, Trial by Surprise Attack!

I have anywhere from 9 to 15 different breaches of the law by the police a person can use depending on their personal circumstances that will kill the ticket.

Even if I am speeding, where is the Moral obligation to pay it when the officer issued the ticket without the legal certification to do so? I say that moral obligation doesn't exist.

To condone the law illegaly enforcing it makes no sense to me.

JJ
post #9 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=Grease;887678]...and THAT is why I try to stick to the tracks.QUOTE]

State closed the track. No new track in the near future.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Grease
[quote=hraponte;887688]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease View Post
...and THAT is why I try to stick to the tracks.QUOTE]

State closed the track. No new track in the near future.
Wow...state closes track and then ramps up patrols and 'illegal' ticketing.

Something smells fishey in Denmark.

Bikes: '88 EX250 (sold), '86 Nighthawk S (sold), '03 ZX7R (R.I.P.s), '07 ZX10R (sold)

I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders.
My idea of 'gun control' is putting as many bullets as I can into the same hole.

- Ted Nugent
Iím all for gun control, I just define it a little differently. If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, thatís gun control!
- Jesse Ventura
God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time. - Stephen E. Ambrose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in