13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 01-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUN1 View Post
I'm a gun man myself but Cali. law nurtured us of our manly balls. I have 2 AR ready for a build but the stupid requirements make me wan not to... Oh and BTW as of 2019 any loud exhaust is a non fixable offences ($1000) It's up to the LEO's discretion if your exhaust is too loud..RANT OVER!!
Yea i just saw that the other day ... they just keep ruining all the fun for you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I 2nd fishing if ya can.
Fishing is another one of my favorite hobbies, you're outdoors. Gets ya a lil exercise. And in my opinion it's relaxing, except when you continue to not catch any fish but that never lasts forever as long as you try fishing in different spots lol.
hellsrazor likes this.
post #13 of 24 Old 01-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUN1 View Post
I'm a gun man myself but Cali. law nurtured us of our manly balls. I have 2 AR ready for a build but the stupid requirements make me wan not to... Oh and BTW as of 2019 any loud exhaust is a non fixable offences ($1000) It's up to the LEO's discretion if your exhaust is too loud..RANT OVER!!
Only in California....where a man can modify his genitals but get a fine for imprisonment for doing it to his AR or exhaust.
ShawnG likes this.
post #14 of 24 Old 01-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Hope things get better for you. I can relate. I haven't been able to really ride much after my knee replacement. Then I have to get more surgery soon on my achilles tendon. All my ZX10R does now is just look pretty in the garage with an occasional ride around the block. I miss riding but it hurts too much. I am thinking maybe to get something with a more relaxed riding style.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #15 of 24 Old 01-17-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
Hope things get better for you. I can relate. I haven't been able to really ride much after my knee replacement. Then I have to get more surgery soon on my achilles tendon. All my ZX10R does now is just look pretty in the garage with an occasional ride around the block. I miss riding but it hurts too much. I am thinking maybe to get something with a more relaxed riding style.
That's where I was at. I've had surgery on both knees, a problem with my neck and lower back, and now I'm having Rotator cuff surgery next week.
Then, on top of everything, I have arthritis in my hands bad and lower back. So I sold off both bikes.

If your hair is short and nappy...
Afrosheen will make you happy.
Anyone remember that one from the 1970's ?
post #16 of 24 Old 01-17-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Damn, I just realized that I've been a member here for almost 11 years.
MrMoto73 likes this.

If your hair is short and nappy...
Afrosheen will make you happy.
Anyone remember that one from the 1970's ?
post #17 of 24 Old 01-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsrazor View Post
Damn, I just realized that I've been a member here for almost 11 years.
O.G. in the house yall....
hellsrazor likes this.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #18 of 24 Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsrazor View Post
That's where I was at. I've had surgery on both knees, a problem with my neck and lower back, and now I'm having Rotator cuff surgery next week.
Then, on top of everything, I have arthritis in my hands bad and lower back. So I sold off both bikes.
Get one of them slingshots. You sit in them like a car and supposed to feel like your riding a motorcycle. I see a lot of older folks riding around in them. There's a lot of mods to be done on them as well if you are so inclined. I saw one with a turbo and nitro at the track near me. Guy drag races it.

Until I get a more relaxed ride I did start hunting. I bought a 7mm mag hunting rifle and took 2 antelope, a deer, and and an elk these last 4 months. Plenty of food for the family now! Lol. I watched youtube videos of how to butcher them and have my freezer full of steaks, roasts, ground meat and sausage. Also bought a 12 gauge shotgun and did some waterfowl hunting. Found that to be harder than hunting big game. That said I did manage a few ducks and a couple geese.

It's pretty relaxing being out in nature and a big rush of adrenaline when you get your game. It also feels great being able to put food on the table and its not full of hormones or mistreated.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #19 of 24 Old 03-13-2019, 12:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That sucks brother but we all eventually have to face the fact that life isnt going to let us keep doing what we like, one door closed another on opens, shit you never thought about doing to keep busy will most likely be what you end up liking to do, I recently started making rings out of coins, i dont wear jewelry but it's fun to make. Started doing it over watching a YouTube video.

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #20 of 24 Old 03-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

DDP Yoga

I literally registered after I read this thread to respond. You've got to try DDP Yoga. Check out what it did for this veteran:
. I don't think you have to give up your favorite hobby. With some hard work and determination, I think you can overcome your physical issues.

There are so many examples of folks that have been through what you're describing and have been able to rehabilitate over time. That's not to say that it's easy, but it's definitely possible. We're often times more resilient than we know, and it's usually our minds that prevent us from taking the steps necessary to fix our bodies.

Let your love and passion for riding guide and motivate you! Be an inspiration to everyone else and lets see you back on two wheels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in