Are they out to get us ? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ruthlessbikerboy
Are they out to get us ?

Do any of you guys ever feel like people in cars are some times trying to get us? I've heard every excuse from" I didn't see you, or it didn't look like you were going that fast, or I didn't know there was a stop sign there" yet he's lived on that street for 12 years ! It's funny how people in cars HATE 18 wheelers because they are always switching lanes on them with NO regard for their safety but yet they'll do the same thing to bikers and act as if it's o.k! I just wanted to see if you all felt the same way and I know some of you have some near miss horror stories, let's hear them.

Give light to my eyes or I shall sleep in death, and my enemies will say I have overcome him, and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbikerboy
Do any of you guys ever feel like people in cars are some times trying to get us? I've heard every excuse from" I didn't see you, or it didn't look like you were going that fast, or I didn't know there was a stop sign there" yet he's lived on that street for 12 years ! It's funny how people in cars HATE 18 wheelers because they are always switching lanes on them with NO regard for their safety but yet they'll do the same thing to bikers and act as if it's o.k! I just wanted to see if you all felt the same way and I know some of you have some near miss horror stories, let's hear them.
funny you mention that...just today riding back from the drag races I go to the front at a stop light and sit in-between 2 cars at a 3 lane stop. When the green light comes on I take off quick as to make sure no car will interfere with me on acceleration….but to my surprise I hear a burn out from both of those cars. I let them pass and a new stop light is ahead of us real quick and one of those cars tries to stop me to get to the front as I did before the last stop light. He went as far as making his car completely block the right and middle lane so I could not go to the front….yep you read that right..his car was sideways to stop me. It didn’t work as I made a real quick turn at the last second to get in the only one he couldn’t block, he thought he got me but doesn’t realize how maneuverable a sportbike and I can be.

Then green light came in seconds and my Hwy entrance came up while the a-hole was stuck in traffic. I checked out fast on the Hwy, as I did not want to find out how crazy this guy was and he never did catch up. Thank you my 10 for giving me the power to make it so.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 03:48 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
that seems to be the way it is anytime someone is in a bigger vehicle then the ones around them....they take on the "i'm bigger then you attitude"...whether its a hummer, truck, etc.....if the vehicle next to you is bigger then your vehicle and they want to move over then they will..
post #4 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 06:02 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yes, they're coming for us!! Run....now......while you still have a chance.

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 06:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thats the good thing about living in a small town. I dont have to worry to much about traffic.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 07:12 AM
QED
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I don't think they are out to get us, I just think people are dumb at times or so wrapped in what they are doing they forget about the less important things like...Driving
post #7 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 07:51 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I got a whole story about a sheriff jap bike hater, but the majority of them are good people , lets just say he went out of his way to try and push me into the median just because I made up 5 car lengths on him in a merge lane.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

If I could make a small statement without offending too many people, I am a Brit and I have lived in the US for the last 10 years , unfortunately I have no desire to go back and the USA for me is now my home, my roots are in Birmingham ,England, but my heart is here , I love the country and I love the people, but may I say, the driving is absolutely apalling, in Europe everyone drives like a nutcase, but everybody has taken a very comprehensive driving test which is not a one day affair as it is over here, also the CBT bike test in England can be 6 weeks of anxiety and soul destroying to some ,let alone the amount of money it costs.

Now, I am not saying that everybody is a poor driver , the majority of Motorcyclists are just as proficient as anybody else , but a lot of cage drivers dont deserve a dog license and to be perfectly honest there actions or lack of them on the road are absolutely criminal .

The bike test was the easiest thing in the world to take in Florida and you can take it on just about anything over 50CC , go straight to the dealership and buy a ZX10R, are you kidding me????
The car test is a joke and if you fail the multiple choice questions on the screen you just go to the back of the queue until you get it right , then you drive round a parking lot at no more than 10MPH for 5 minutes , stop, turn , park your car and go get your license.

I know it would seem a pain in the arse for some people , but if the driving tests were as nerve rackingly hard as they are in England and if you were properly penalised for DUI's and dangerous driving , the roads would be a safer place and people would think twice and maybe look twice.

And to add on more thing , it is also pure human ignorance to think that just because you are in a 2 ton SUV you are protected from the world and it doesnt matter if bikes bounce off you, you'll be ok.

I'll step off my soapbox now.

FAF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in