Thank you ZX-10R.net - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-20-2006, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickaho
Thank you ZX-10R.net

As some of you know, I went searching a while back for a local board a while back to "fall back on" from time to time so I could better find some folks to ride with. You know, since none of ya'll live anywhere near my arse. As some of you also know, that search ended in utter failure. As a result, I created my own, tiny, PHPBB board and named it Louisville-Sportbikes.com. I knew that the main issue with the 2 main boards in my area was SUPER POOR miss management. So everything I did on my own board, from an admin stance, I did while saying to myself, "What would dem' cats at 10R.net do??". No kidding, as if ya'll didn't know, this site is the shiz-nit. I just figured, if I could make a local board that could ever turn out to even be 1/4 as good as this site, then that would be one rockin' arse board for me and my local boys. Hence raising my odds of riding with some really good feller's.

Well, I'm happy to report that due to the inspiration of this site, not only have we had a great start this season, we've actually gained a great amount of fun, talented guys. I've had the Summer of my life riding my bike. Most of the guys on that site feel the same way. I continue to rob members slowly, but surely from those other two boards also. That, coupled with the fact that as of this past Monday I upgraded to VBulletin (another ZX-10R.net inspiration) is sure to do nothing but rob more fellers from them two joker sites

Don't think I'm going anywhere though. Like I said, this site is the shiz'. I can't imagine the web without it. Now that I've got the biggest part of the work of my site done, I can get back to surfin' here more again!

If you're anywhere near the Louisville Kentucky area, check out my local sportbike forum, Louisville Sportbikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-20-2006, 08:57 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thats sounds cool. I am in the same situation, not many sportbikes in my area but I would love to start my own local site, unfortunately I am too computer illiterate.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-20-2006, 09:53 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
You can always use yahoo groups

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
post #4 of 12 Old 10-20-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckz88
You can always use yahoo groups
Yeah, but there is a GREAT amount of Sportbikes in my area, but nothing really "uniting" us. I know that may sound corny to some. But I felt the area needed something better to maybe bring a larger chunk of us together as one

Just don't go getting the idea that I'm trying to steal any of this sites thunder. I'm more bent on local domination, where ZX-10R.net is closer to Global Domination

If you're anywhere near the Louisville Kentucky area, check out my local sportbike forum, Louisville Sportbikes!
post #5 of 12 Old 10-20-2006, 08:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Great job on the local site. Keep up the good work over there and dont forget about us.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #6 of 12 Old 10-21-2006, 01:56 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

yeap im in the same boat. i hear ya bro

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
post #7 of 12 Old 10-21-2006, 02:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Kick, that's great.

I still have the camera mount in the works. I've been busy with family stuff and work FOREVER!

Kelly
'05 ZX-10R
post #8 of 12 Old 10-21-2006, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Zixxer
Kick, that's great.

I still have the camera mount in the works. I've been busy with family stuff and work FOREVER!
Dude you know I ain't worried about that. Family first pal Thanks again!

Glad everybody likes the site also. I ain't ever gonna forget, or leave this site. Unless I get banned somehow I'm still totally infatuated with this site and great friends with a lot of members. So I'll be around for a while. Also, if anybody was wondering. This changes nothing about there being a part 3 of the Member Movie series. There WILL be one, but like I've said before, it'll be next Summer (read: season) for sure.

post #9 of 12 Old 10-21-2006, 08:32 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Hey Kick - if you are serious about this movie stuff, get Final Cut. Seriously, works ton's better than iMovie. I am just getting started with it, but man is it cool and really not that processor heavy - I thought it would eat up my old G4 but not so much.

I'd get FCE as opposed to Studio though, just based on $$$ (unless you can find an older stand-alone version of Pro for cheap).

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-21-2006, 12:05 PM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Ya nicked all our smilies ya thieving git

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in