tax man is getting me - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

tax man is getting me

I went from job in a state that had no income taxes to a state that does in nov 05. I only made 21K all year so not much desposible income. 5500 was made in income tax state. Their tax code says that by filing in their state they the other state forfeits all the taxes paid to be given to them. No taxes were with held because old state didn't have have income tax. I guess I got audited cause new state send me a letter saying I owe them $1250 because I only paid them for the 5500 made instate. I don't see how this is right since I only worked in state for 56 days. I never changed my residence either. I didn't know how the new job would work out so I didn't change my driver's licence til Feb. of the next year. I was paid with checks in person. I guess I will write them a letter or call them and see that happens.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
income tax is not justified in any way shape or form. they just rape people for it and threaten them. just ask any IRS rep to prove where it says its mandatory. good luck, our govt is this countries biggest theif

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #3 of 4 Old 01-12-2009, 06:13 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
http://www.askcache.com/webcp?q=inco...=dir&ws=1&ax=1

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #4 of 4 Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I know the government needs money to operate on. Roads and utilities have to be developed and maintained. I like the idea of a straight up sales tax. If you took home the actual amount that your pay check showed then you would be more inclined to spend more and pay taxes while have something to show for it. Studies have shown that it would only take around a 15% tax to generate what the income tax does and make people more happy to pay it.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in