Supplements/ Lift routine - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Supplements/ Lift routine

I've tried different supplements, proteins, splits, different lift routines and I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.... What supplements have worked, which were a waste, one muscle a week, twice a week, splits?? Currently I'm doing each muscle twice a week with lats/bi's, chest/tri's, legs/traps, abs every other day and cardio every other day... Looking to try a different pre workout supplement. I've tried jack3d and animal rage. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I do the each body part once per week thing and mix my workouts up high rep with low and heavy reps , have ya tried USP LABS Anabolic Pump ive used that with good results but ya gotta have the diet to match if ya dont ya butt does wee's
post #3 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

depends what u plan to get from your pre workouts..theirs some that are pure pump..while others are more of a stimulant, some are stimulant free.. for over all gains i think assault does the job..after that i think noxipro is a pretty good product overall too..
post #4 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I've never tried that pump before but I'll look into it. I cut carbs out, 1g of protein per lb if body weight, just feeling fatigued in the middle of my workout... Any suggestions on a good pre workout supplement? Animal rage was decent...
post #5 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbyz View Post
depends what u plan to get from your pre workouts..theirs some that are pure pump..while others are more of a stimulant, some are stimulant free.. for over all gains i think assault does the job..after that i think noxipro is a pretty good product overall too..
I would say since I'm on a cut right now I'm needing a stimulant to get me through the workout or cardio. I might hit that noxipro up
post #6 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Forget about all that expensive preworkout shit. If you're feeling fatigued mid workout it's probably cause you've cut the carbs out. Good to shred belly fat and what not but not for building muscle. A good preworkout carb to eat is Watermelon. It has an amino acid called citrulline that will essentially act as an Nitrogen pump. I think grapes do too. If you're trying to get more ripped, then do higher reps with lower weights as well as cardio a couple times a week. If you're trying to bulk then cut the cardio for a while cause it burns muscle as well as fat and do lower reps (5-8) of heavier weight. Also regardless of your goals, mix it up often, change the exercises you do for the individual muscle groups, change the weight, reps etc so you don't hit a plateau. If you want specific advice though you gotta say what your ultimate goal is cause that really determines what the best route to go is.
post #7 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 09:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by amann81 View Post
I've never tried that pump before but I'll look into it. I cut carbs out, 1g of protein per lb if body weight, just feeling fatigued in the middle of my workout... Any suggestions on a good pre workout supplement? Animal rage was decent...
Xtend is great for an intra-workout supp to help push through the last part of your workout. It's loaded with amino acids and tastes like a liquid jolly rancher. Very good supp for anyone.

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
post #8 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I've tried different supplements, proteins, splits, different lift routines and I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.... What supplements have worked, which were a waste, one muscle a week, twice a week, splits?? Currently I'm doing each muscle twice a week with lats/bi's, chest/tri's, legs/traps, abs every other day and cardio every other day... Looking to try a different pre workout supplement. I've tried jack3d and animal rage. Thanks for the info!
MUSCLE CONFUSION TIME!

Research German Volume Training. There are 2 different methods:

Method 1: 10 sets of 10 reps
Method 2: 10 sets to failure of 10+ reps

Excellent routine for gaining weight, strength, and shedding fat; all in one. Exercise 2 muscle groups per workout, but only do 2-3 exercises per muscle. If you're doing method 1, you should barely finish the last couple reps on your last couple sets. It burns, real good.

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
post #9 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet...ic-diet-guide/

I can't stress how well this works. Takes some discipline initially but after you're used to it, the results are amazing. I haven't worked out since last summer:(, but while I did I was lean and ripped after 6 months.

My energy levels were actually too high, it was like I was manic or something.

Tried all the stimulant supplements but think caffeine works just as well if you time it right and eat only a lite meal before you work out. Very lite.

Good luck, I'm just getting back into getting right again myself.

post #10 of 37 Old 06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

All supplements are just that , and help Very Minutely. Unless however ,your deficient.
I have done most everything through my Life , and my own conclusion was when I was 36 yrs old and hit personal bests ,Naturally supplmt-free .Just Food and Protein Drinks.
Carbs are necessary for energy . But I avoid them 3 hours prior to bed. Anything ingested upon going to bed, needs to digest very easily. Yogurt , Pure Protein Shake.
Fruit at bedtime to a very minimum. Cause its a carb.
Pasta and breads to a minimum period. BUT , I have found personally , Lasagna 2 1/2 hrs prior to a heavy workout (chest/tri's) = Awesome Pump !!!
Balance in all things right.?
Carbs equal my protein for Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner is 90% protein. I have ample energy throughout the Day. And Sleep good.
The stimulant... I'll admit I use muscle techs neuro core ,only since I turned 42.
If you need it ,gauge it so you don't lose Sleep. Cause Sleep is the other 33.3% of Workin Out .
I take Gold Standard's whey protein too, thats it. Don't spend $ on Supplements . That money is better spent on a meal that is tailored to the results of your hard work and discipline. Honestly , Creatine is the only supplement that has a proven result. Water retention.
I did twice a week workouts in my 20s and 30s. In my 40s , once a week. I guess this is where age starts to hit Ya.
Those ads for supplements , are Brainstormed and Think-Tanked to death, by very damn smart people who find an avenue in which to lure you to buy their EMPTY promise, so they can make a ridiculous paycheck. Take it from somebody that wasted several hundred a month on supplements ,following appropriate guidelines for improvements by different companies selling powdered nothing, many times over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in