Supplements - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Supplements

Anybody got any supplement suggestions other than protein and creatine. For my protein I take cytosport's muscle milk and for creatine i take universal's animal pump. Was curious about universal's animal m-stak. Wondering if anybody here has tried that?

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

"I will either find a way or make one."

Akrapovic Dual Carbon Fiber Exhaust. LP Fuel Controller. Pirelli DC IIIs. Monster Energy Graphics. HealTech Speedohealer. Puig DB Smoked Screen. Fender Eliminator. Rear Seat Cowl. Keiti Clear Tank Pad. Pro Grip 719 grips. Gorilla Alarm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 01:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninja_10r View Post
Anybody got any supplement suggestions other than protein and creatine. For my protein I take cytosport's muscle milk and for creatine i take universal's animal pump. Was curious about universal's animal m-stak. Wondering if anybody here has tried that?
What are your goals. Plenty of supplements, just need to know what you want to accomplish. I think I've tried every supplement on the planet (sarcasm, but alot) and I have found that Budweiser was the best for developing a 6 pack, er um I mean keg.
post #3 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm looking to pack on some muscle mass. My metabolism is extremely high so I feel like I'm always having to battle it right now by eating a lot, resting a lot and using the right supps. I have had some success in the past with the original animal stak (before the ban with andro). That packed on a good 15 lbs with two cycles. Side effects were mild aggresion. Last season I used Halo Mass and Animal Pump which was so so. Prob put on 5-6 lbs but I think it was mainly water weight so I would rate that one not too good. I react well to most supps just looking to see if anybody has anything they know works like the original animal stak did back before the ban. Theres a lot of products that seem to nothing more than sugar pills and I don't want to waste my $$$. Thanks!

Akrapovic Dual Carbon Fiber Exhaust. LP Fuel Controller. Pirelli DC IIIs. Monster Energy Graphics. HealTech Speedohealer. Puig DB Smoked Screen. Fender Eliminator. Rear Seat Cowl. Keiti Clear Tank Pad. Pro Grip 719 grips. Gorilla Alarm.
post #4 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Have you ever go to a doctor to get your Thyroid check-up??Hyperthyroidism can be one of your problem...at first.. A good Bioactive protein with lot of carbs can be the answer. Amino acids, proteins and carbs.Raw fresh eggs mixed with you protein shake is a good weight gainer...just don't go crazy..cholesterol and really good for your health.. make sure they are fresh and good quality. Be constant.

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 12-16-2008 at 03:16 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Animal Pak
BSN No-Xplode
BSN True Mass
ON Gold Standard Whey

Btw you'll get more info on these kind of things in bodybuilding.com etc.

Last edited by Hattori Hanzo; 12-16-2008 at 04:15 PM.
post #6 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

ive used animal pak and liked the results, and you can discard certain pills if desired. i will be gettin more animal pak when i get back to the wieghts. will still need the core supplements like protien powder and creatine
post #7 of 16 Old 12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My guess is you're young, thus the high metabolism....you need lba's. TRUEPROTEIN.COM. LBA's are:

The LBAs are protein concentrates derived from hydrolyzed collagen, with some being combinations of collagen and another protein (eg,
casein). Eight of IAAs used in protein synthesis are present in collagen; however, the IAA levels are relatively low. Further, collagen is
naturally devoid of tryptophan, but adding tryptophan does little to add to the quality of LBAs..although some companies sometimes supplement
these products with tryptophan or other amino acids to improve the amino acid profile. When LBAs is combined with casein or other complete
proteins, the resulting combination provides somewhat greater amounts of the IAAs.

Stay away from the juice, use LBA's, protein, creatine, vitamins, etc. Trust me on the LBA's, easy muscle gain on them.

PS. IAA is indispensable amino acids

Last edited by Jugg_Head; 12-16-2008 at 06:12 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Blitzkrieg

Posting Frequency

eat,eat,and eat some more. you should be getting the majority of your cal, pro,and carbs from your food. it takes like 2k plus calories to gain one pound. start writing everything you eat down and keep track of your daily intake. it takes about 3-4 weeks for your body to adjust to the higher food intake. you should be eating around 3-5k cal a day, depending on your bodyweight, and what you are trying to achieve.eventually you will be aware of what you need to gain and maintain. then you can adjust your diet to obtain a more desirable phisique, either leaner or more smooth. as far as protien intake you should be consuming 1.5-2 grams per lb to maintain then 2-2.5 to gain muscle mass.you probabaly need to start on a good weight gainer too. i like the cyto gainer(cytosport), i always drink one before bedtime. that way you will have something in your stomach while you are asleep. this is when your body repairs and grows. 8 hours is a long time to go without having any food in your body. try to eat 6-8 smaller meals throughout the day, this will allow your body to have a more consistant flow of nutrients. eat good carbs, pasta,rice,oatmeal and good meat protiens like chicken,fish,turkey and some red meat. also drink plenty of fluids, the more you drink the less your body will hold. this will help you to keep your retention down. i like to add some powdered glutamine, and bcaa's(branch chain amino acids) to my protien shakes. i do this twice a day, in my pre-workout shake, as well as my bedtime weight gainer shake. i too like the muscle milk protien, but be aware this is somewhat higher in fat than most other protiens. this is to be taken into consideration when you are planning your daily intake. the mm has a lot of aminos already in it , but you should be adding more glutamine also. as far as creatine, i always had good results from the eas phosphagen, its tried and true. ben getting results from it for years. however it delivers its creatine throuhg a sugar spike. your body will get used to this so you need to have another creatine delivery system to change things up with. i could not get my eas stuff last time i ordered so i tried some fusion force(bioquest), im on my second tub now, and have been really happy with the results. it is a pre-workout formula with some energy boosters too. it delivers the creatine through a niacin flush. you can actually feel it kicking in, and get a little red from the increase in oxygen and bloodflow. i think you will like it. i have been weight training/bodybuilding for around 13 years, i dont know everything but i am happy to share any knowledge i have gained. i hope this is not repeating too much info you already know. but maybe some of this will help. remember you are what you eat, get plenty of sleep, and make use of your training time

"There is always time to think about what you want to do,
Until it comes time to start doing what you were meant to do."

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.~unknown~

"The true test of a mans character is how he treats someone, from whom he has nothing to gain"

"It's the things that people don't know about themselves on the inside, that make them afraid"
post #9 of 16 Old 12-17-2008, 04:59 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
YB legals got some great advice. I'll recommend BSN's NO-explode along with Hattori. Ive been training for about ten years total and I think thats the best product Ive used. Good luck, and be patient, Rome wasnt built in a day my friend. Eat massive clean protein, train hard, rest. Do this day in and day out and you WILL gain muscle.

post #10 of 16 Old 12-17-2008, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the tips so far guys. I'm 24 so yeah metabolism is still in high gear. I'm really athletic though, I've wrestled my entire life and when I do work out hard in the gym I am able to gain I was just hoping to pick up some helpful tips from some of you guys without worrying about some product rep cuttin in with their paid .02.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in