Superbikes on Speedvision Channel!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Superbikes on Speedvision Channel!!

Anyone see last nights "Superbike" episode? Last week it was a Ducatti segment. Last night it was the R1's. Unbelievable stunts. The episode focused on Macoy Motorsports and there in Tennessee I guess. There's an 11 miles stretch of road with like a 131 turns. They close it off and let the superbikers go nuts. It's suppose to be a big attraction. Anyone been there?
Anyone have any parts on their "Tree of Shame?" The ZX10 episode will be coming up soon I hope. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on Tuesday nights at 10:00 I think. Thank God for Tivo, I will be saving last nights.

Maine 2006 ZX10 Rider!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

I saw the last couple episodes. They weren't bad. From the sound of it, I am glad that I missed the first episode.

I still wish they would have kept Two Wheeled Tuesday.

Chris
post #3 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

http://www.dealsgap.com/ here's where the place is. I have heard it's alot of fun. McCoy motorsports is mainly an R1 parts/service house and it looks like they know what they are doing.

The only thing nessecary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

"sometimes in order to truly live life you must risk it."

You hit the lights, I hit the gas...

THERE ARE ONLY THREE SPEEDS, FAST, VERY FAST, AND OH SHIT!
post #4 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Maze beat me to it, but yeah it was Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon) and it is 318 turns in 11 miles, supposed to be really crazy road
post #5 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ram360
I watched it last night and that episode wasn't as bad as a few other earlier episodes they had on. They were riding deals gap in NC
post #6 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishme
Anyone see last nights "Superbike" episode? Last week it was a Ducatti segment. Last night it was the R1's. Unbelievable stunts. The episode focused on Macoy Motorsports and there in Tennessee I guess. There's an 11 miles stretch of road with like a 131 turns. They close it off and let the superbikers go nuts. It's suppose to be a big attraction. Anyone been there?
Anyone have any parts on their "Tree of Shame?" The ZX10 episode will be coming up soon I hope. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on Tuesday nights at 10:00 I think. Thank God for Tivo, I will be saving last nights.
it was a special on Deal Gap/The Dragon in NC/TN border. I dont think they close the road off...? McCoy owns R1/R6 Forum now I believe, hence all the yammies.

Im still not a fan of the hooligan stuff on public roads, but at least it was a halfway decent show last night... kids, dont go trying to ride like they do on Superbikes, stunts or kneedraggin, you'll hurt yourself.

Live it before its too late.
post #7 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Everytime, I start thinking maybe the show is not to bad, the host does an endo or wheelie for the camera, then I remember it is still portraying a bad image. I, too, miss TWT. Greg White, where you at man?

Steve
post #8 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Ti10
Everytime, I start thinking maybe the show is not to bad, the host does an endo or wheelie for the camera, then I remember it is still portraying a bad image. I, too, miss TWT. Greg White, where you at man?

It's still gay. Like you said, it takes what could be a cool topic and focuses on guys doing wheelies or standing around looking at show bikes.
post #9 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 04:36 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry a lil but do they actually close the gap just to let bikes ride in it? Or was that just something they did for the show?

Lets say somebody breaks into your house and you dont have a gun.How are you going to shoot them?
post #10 of 26 Old 07-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
Sorry a lil but do they actually close the gap just to let bikes ride in it? Or was that just something they did for the show?
It wasn't closed off, he was just riding like an ass on a 2 lane public highway.
Even the other road that was supposedly closed off, by the airport, they were watching for cars.

Show sucked, gave no taste of the actual Gap road. Kept showing straight portion (bridge) and a guy stunting- seen it.

Seen better videos of the road on the web. Hello- EDITING maybe??

And most of the R1's were dripping in chrome and pounds of paint.
Let's bring our extended, nitrous, hideous R1 to the gap and debut it- why?

They glanced by a guy with some actual performance mods and back to the bling and nitrous purge-ooohhh/ ahhhhhh.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-19-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in