Stunt Park???? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Stunt Park????

Ok, so first of all, I have a question. Florida was trying to push a law that if you got caught stunting, or racing you went to jail, bike got took and lost your L's for 10 years. did that ever pass?

if so, i think someone should open up a stunt park with a small drag strip, etc. has anyone ever heard of one of these? do they exist? i'm searching online and yet to find anything like that. so, give me your input please, and if anyone has seen something like this, i would LOVE to see a website, or news article or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ajtmex
I wish they had one here in texas, I'm not sure if they do or not though. But it would be nice to visit one someday though. If it does go through, just to be on the safe side, I think they should have membership program, where you have to have a certain amount of life insurance or something and sign a waiver claiming the park isn't liable unless you can prove it. Then they might consider it. That would be kick ass.... I might look into building one someday if I can get it through and I make enough money. I'm pretty sure with the gas prices going up, more people would buy bikes and get into te sport, thus the park would practically pay for itself with the memberships and donations.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

The law passed.
post #4 of 9 Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

like a criminal....
well... and what about grannies driving on the freeway? they got .......
post #5 of 9 Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I heard of people going to industrial parks and stunting in the parking lots. If they got permission from the business then the po po's can't really do anything. It's private property. Unless your making too much noise or doing smoky burn outs. We got a little spot where we cut loose and the po po's drive by but leave us alone. We keep a small group and no alcohol.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-21-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines of a designated area... maybe charge admission, but always open or something like that. i mean, there are 1000 different ways to do something like this, i guess. i'm just trying to figure out if one exists publicly. i've been looking online and still cant find anything. i found a rumored one in texas, but no luck.

now, everyone that i've been telling about this idea is saying that it would be impossible due to insurance, etc. i dont believe that is true.

reason: all over the country, there are parks designated for dirt bikes, quads, horses, snow mobiles, etc. granted, concrete hurts more to hit than dirt, but i think the same risks are there.

https://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smili...s/BangHead.gif
post #7 of 9 Old 03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

insurance nightmare. it would probably be along the lines of opening a "motorsports park", which would mean a large amount of capital, occupational licensing, building/enviromental resources inspections and licensing(ie: a squid takes a spill and manages to crack his oil pan or case cover, and there's oil all over the ground; it now becomes an enviromental issue. I know for our county you have to deal with the DERM (department of enviromental resources) for matters like that,oil and substance disposal,etc.),legal assistance (on something like this, you need to have a lawyer on hand 24/7) and insuring the entire deal. alot of red tape to cut through and hoops to jump through to reach that point, depending on your local and state government.

the sad fact is, it's extremely hard to get projects like these off the ground. there are more than a few corporate groups in florida who have been trying for new motorsports parks of one from or another for years, and no dice.

if you're dead set on the idea, a good place to start would be to get in contact with (I forgot the organizations name) the organization that sponsors that international stuntbike riding championship... saw it in a recent mag (either SSB, motorcyclist, or cycle world). I'm sure they could provide a wealth of info, seeing as your goal would be to do exactly what they do, just on a permanent basis in a static location.

it's not impossible, it just takes alot more effort and time than the average person is willing to put in.

good luck.

Last edited by TR-10; 03-21-2008 at 03:15 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

hmmmmm.... alot of info to consider. i just cant seem to think that one of these dont exist. i still cant find one online. maybe i'm searching with the wrong terminology.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Insurace would be a HUGE issue, I have always been under the impression if you are stunting on private property, even if you are trespassing, that about the most the cops can do to you is run you off, or if real dicks bust you for trespassing, thats still beter than getting your bike impounded.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in