Squidly - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Squidly

I was out riding for a short while yesterday and just for kicks I tried to tally up how many squids I ran into. Previously, it seemed like just by coincidence that most of the squids were riding the GSXRs but maybe it's just me. So I figured that as best I could, I would try to make an exact count of which bike the squids are riding the most. We're talking about the hard core ones- swirving through dense traffic, sneakers, shorts, no helmet, t-shirt, etc. The works.

I counted 5 squids that made it into the hard core type where they had every trait going. All 5 of them were GSXR riders. Now I'm not going to jump to a squid=GSXR theory but has anyone else noticed a slightly higher ratio of GSXR riders being squidly vs Honda, Yamaha, and Kawi riders?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i know of one gixxer squid, and one r6 squid, and one zx6 squid, and even a zx10 squid. they're all over but at least the ones i know are dispursed through the brands. but every squid i see that i dont know is on a gixxer.
post #3 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

It all just depends i guess. I dont consider myself a squid. I wear my jacket & lid & gloves-- all other gear I'm still raising enuff finances to purchase.

But at the same time, i do enjoy the occasional weaving thru traffic on the highway & backroad runs.. Thats about as squidly as I go... Just saying -its such a large gray area when it comes to 'squids' . Best you can measure it, is by degrees of squidliness lol.

But I think you're right for the most part squids gravitate towards gsx's. After that its just a matter of what they can afford.
post #4 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I think you-we may see more squids on gixxers because there are probably more of those bikes sold and on the streets......probably like a 7 to 1 ratio here, everyone has a zuk!!! so it would only make sense that you'd see more squidwards on gixxers.....maybe?

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #5 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I would have to say that it seems like out here there are equal amounts of yamaha and gixxer squids. At the same time i'm sure people have seen me cruising to the gas station 2 blocks from my house with no lid and figured me for a squid, so its kinda hard to say for sure.....
post #6 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I think we've all acted somewhat squidly at some point or another. Hell I've ridden my 10 without any gear just to see what it's like. I didn't care for it much.

I think most squids do gravitate to the gixxers because it has some big gaudy "R" on it. Sort of like those "ricers" you see with some beat up civic with a fart can. Oh oh but it has a TYPE R badge on it! lol

post #7 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaxagoras1986 View Post
I think we've all acted somewhat squidly at some point or another. Hell I've ridden my 10 without any gear just to see what it's like. I didn't care for it much.

I think most squids do gravitate to the gixxers because it has some big gaudy "R" on it. Sort of like those "ricers" you see with some beat up civic with a fart can. Oh oh but it has a TYPE R badge on it! lol
It makes it faster. Serious, I added a GT badge to my pinto and it gained 35hp!!!!!!!
post #8 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:

I fuggin hate those damn things!!!!! i see them on every little car around here!! autozone should stop selling them!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #9 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
I fuggin hate those damn things!!!!! i see them on every little car around here!! autozone should stop selling them!!
Autozone is ricer central. They never have any parts I need but they ahve a million wings, 5" tips, stickers, etc. What a joke. I like Advance and Napa.

@chogue - I got you beat by a mile. 3 Type R stickers, and I have the "ivtec" sticker. This is all on a Toyota. Let me tell you something, I picked up 40FWHP but the wing on the back helps the car put the power down!

post #10 of 29 Old 07-27-2010, 09:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I think we've all acted somewhat squidly at some point or another. Hell I've ridden my 10 without any gear just to see what it's like. I didn't care for it much. lol
True!!! As much as it pains me... last week I rode to work without my jacket in 5 years I felt so stupid, and couldn't help wondering how many people talked trash as I passed 'em.

For the squidly-didlies.... I've noticed locked elbows and bald tire centers with a dash of a mohawk or 2 -- almost all of which are on the gix1Million.

-Josh

Just a Playa In Management Position
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in