Spools for rear Pitbull stand? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
DJL
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Spools for rear Pitbull stand?

I got my Pitbull stands the other day along with some PBR spools. When I was adjusting and lining the rear stand up with the spools I noticed that it looked like the spool holders on the stand would grind into the swingarms if I were to try and crank the bike up onto the stand. I was just wondering what you guys are using for spools on your 06/07 10R with pitbull. I have the forward handle rear stand setup. Kind of a weird problem...the vendor that sold me the setup seemed surprised and he left me with the impression that he talked to Pitbull, and they said the spools he shipped should work fine...kind of an odd situation...Any thoughts? When I look at it, it just looks like bad grinding related things will happen if I go ahead and try and lift the bike up...

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-04-2007, 07:20 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Get the champs spools they are ofset on the left side so it gets the stand a little aways from the swinger, I have not had any issues with this setup.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #3 of 10 Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Any Pics on the "forward handle rear stand setup"...I can give you advice on mine but not sure we have the same thing
post #4 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
DJL
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

They sent me the wrong spools...all good now...

Cheers
post #5 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a similar problem with my spools. My rear handle pitbull stand sometimes touches the swingarm when lifted. I'd like to know more about CHAMPS spools.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
DJL
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadak13 View Post
I have a similar problem with my spools. My rear handle pitbull stand sometimes touches the swingarm when lifted. I'd like to know more about CHAMPS spools.
Yeah man, I hear yah...fortunately I noticed that it was going to rip into my swing arm before I actually cranked the bike up on the stand. It looked close but I wasn't willing to take the chance. They originally shipped me some 10mm spools, which is what Pitbull suggests for the stand when used with the 10R. This is bullshit for sure. I had them ship me another set of spools that gained me another 8mm of clearance just to be sure...perfect...

Cheers
post #7 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Some of the problem is on Kawi. The mounts are welded to the swiingarm. Granted it is much better on the 10R than it is on the ZRX. The spacing is not always consistant and one side sticks out from the center of the tire more than the other. The 04-05 is closer to being the same on both sides than the 06-07. Plus you may need some clearance for the ?? welding. If not the spools could sit crooked and dig into the swingarm. But no biggy, Honda is just as bad. lol

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #8 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ91 View Post
Some of the problem is on Kawi. The mounts are welded to the swiingarm. Granted it is much better on the 10R than it is on the ZRX. The spacing is not always consistant and one side sticks out from the center of the tire more than the other. The 04-05 is closer to being the same on both sides than the 06-07. Plus you may need some clearance for the ?? welding. If not the spools could sit crooked and dig into the swingarm. But no biggy, Honda is just as bad. lol
I did a little searching and couln't for sure find which spools you make. Could you post up a pic of yous please?
post #9 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Here is a basic pic of mine. The spool is the same both sides all models. Its the alum insert that needs to change right to left bike to bike.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #10 of 10 Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks Champ. They are nice pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in