sore forehead from helmet: recomendations - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-26-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

sore forehead from helmet: recomendations

i have a scorpion helmet now, i like it but after about an hour of riding my forehead is killing me, i'm curious if others have had "forehead" issues with different helmets and possibly found a good fix.
i'v been told the shoei x-eleven, is great for this. also i would really like a quiet helmet, my scorpion is very loud i have to ride with earplugs.
thanks

nate dawg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Proper fitment is the key when purchasing a new lid so be patient when shopping. It must fit snug but not tight so try them on and walk around the store for 5min. Scorpion is not a quality lid so ya kinda get what ya pay for.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Some of the Aria helmets like the RX7 have an oval shape to fit heads like yours.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
post #4 of 21 Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i have a kbc vr2, and after a few hours it starts to hurt thr forehead. but i've only noticed this on days when i've been riding damn near all day, like the 400 mile trip to monterey last summer. it only hurts after a long while, not just one hour. as said above, proper fitment is paramount, so try on lots of lids before deciding which one to get. and yes, the shoeis are great; very light, and also very quiet (but still good ventalation). check helmetharbor.com for a good writeup comparison between the top line of helmets from 4 or 5 of the top brands.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-26-2007, 08:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You should always wear ear plugs anyhow.....

I like my KBC's, no other helmet fits MY head like'em... I've been through almost all the major names and the KBC's just so happen to fit the shape of my head the best....

The arai was the most painful for me.... Just try on all the major brands you'll find one that fits you well sooner or later.....

“Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” --General George S. Patton
post #6 of 21 Old 05-27-2007, 07:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thats the reason I sold my suomy. I had a pressure point on my forehead and it would give me a headache after about an hour. The shape of the helmet wasnt the shape of my head and that sounds like your problem. I went through 4 helmets before finally getting an arai astral that fits me perfect. I rode 300 miles yesterday with no problem except my hearing because I forgot my ear plugs.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
post #7 of 21 Old 05-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

My Arai Quantum is the only one I've found that doesn't give me that pressure spot.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #8 of 21 Old 05-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bulletr1
Man, I know you're problem. I went thru so many helmets. The only one I found that fits goos is a HJC brand. My fitted hats are a size 8. So finding a helmet is murder for me unless it's a HJC.

PC Frame, Swing Arm, Wheels. Gold Rear Sets, Chrome Heel Guards, Factory Pro. Vel. Stacks, PCIII, K&N Air Filter, Full Akra. Exhaust System, 525 DID Gold MVXZ Chain, HID KIT HI & LOW BEAM (6K), 1/5 Throttle Conversion, Ivan's Block Off Kit,TRE & Servo Elim. Air Box Mod, Stainless Steel Braided Lines, Blue Custom Gauge Panel, InterNatrix Paging Security Sys., Michelin Pilot Powers Tires, Barnett Clutch Springs, Custom In/Ex Cams by Web Cams, Milled Cylinder Head. 173.7RWHP
post #9 of 21 Old 05-27-2007, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks for the imput everyone

nate dawg
post #10 of 21 Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Just remember even the Arais have different shapes between models.

I'm a signet, astral and whatever they replaced that with, long oval shape here.
I can't really wear the Quantum/rx series of I get the pressure on the forehead too.

I think shoei also has different shapes between models now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in