Something I Can Not Understand - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Something I Can Not Understand

Lately on the board we have had several members post pictures of their "Modifications" or "Upgrades". Posting pictures of your stuff opens you up to opinionated responses from what I have come to theroize are two types of members. Those that will compliment and praise no matter what just to avoid hurting said posters feeligs. Then the other camp those that post what they feel and truely believe. Hurtful or not its a opinion!
THe second type of member more often than not gets thrown over the coals as a hater or flame artist for posting their opinion.

What am I getting at here? If you get your feelings hurt and expect to get 100% praise for your work and creativity...............don't post your shit!
There are always gonna be some members that do not like your stuff. Even my bikes have got flamed away from time to time. If you do not have tuff enough skin to take the persecution with the praise. I do not want to see your shit!

Sorry for the rant I just have seen this quite a bit lately, it started with that green blue and white, spiked, neoned mostrosity and has progressivly been conscistent. Opinions are like assholes.........

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Last edited by 9R to 10R; 07-23-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
Lately on the board we have had several members post pictures of their "Modifications" or "Upgrades". Posting pictures of your stuff opens you up to opinionated responses from what I have come to theroize are two types of members. Those that will compliment and praise no matter what just to avoid hurting said posters feeligs. Then the other camp those that post what they feel and truely believe. Hurtful or not its a opinion!
THe second type of member more often than not gets thrown over the coals as a hater or flame artist for posting their opinion.

What am I getting at here? If you get your feelings hurt and expect to get 100% praise for your work and creativity...............don't post your shit!
There are always gonna be some members that do not like your stuff. Even my bikes have got flamed away from time to time. If you do not have tuff enough skin to take the persecution with the praise. I do not want to see your shit!

Sorry for the rant I just have seen this quite a bit lately, it started with that green blue and white, spiked, neoned mostrosity and has progressivly been conscistent. Opinions are like assholes.........
:iamwithst amen very well put rep sent

08 zx-10r--Street--MGP exhaust, BMC race, nuff said
06 CBR600rr--track--Full Hindle Titanium, full Ohilns suspension
post #3 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Pimp/Player

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH View Post
:iamwithst amen very well put rep sent
Like i say U aren't paying my bill's so i can give a rats azz if u like it or not.As long as i do that's all that matter's

post #4 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
Even my bikes have got flamed away from time to time.
16.5" front rim with a slick on the street

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
post #5 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurd View Post
16.5" front rim with a slick on the street
Exactly my point, I took shit for that and never cried and took my ball home If I post pics of mods or upgrades I do it fully expecting bad with the good. And believe it or not I have changed stuff based on negative response. (The 16.5 mags stay though, too expensive not to stick with)

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #6 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

I have been flamed a time or too and learned from it the hard waybut I give props when deserved and get some as well so its all good. I agree do'nt have thin skin when posting

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #7 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I"ve said this before, the only way people will ridicule another person's bike is from the safety of their keyboard.(im guilty of it)I guess thats the nature of the internet.
post #8 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Taken from another thread;

Ill share something i've found to be consistently true about messageboards.For reasons unknown, when certain people hate on other bikes/style/gear, they due so from the safety of their keyboard.Obviously noone will go up to another rider they've never met and begin the convo with, "you're a squid/your bikes gay/lowering sucks", whatever.

The interwebz provide a platform for people to live outside of who they actually are.

That being said, just ignore the bad and appreciate the good.If you need help with anything on your bike, and I mean anything, these dudes will provide more insight than probably 90% of motorcycle mechanics.Thats why I come here, cause as a collective whole, there is no better zx-10r website.
post #9 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I hear what you're saying but more often then not I just hold my tongue is somebody's ride looks like ass or they do something choochy. That said it wouldn't hurt my vagina if somebody didn't like my mods and expressed it.
post #10 of 37 Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Do I have to many stickers on my fender? They were free...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in