Should be a good topic try to keep it to science only please

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.987369

bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Does scientology count? lol...So with no real proof to back my thoughts, I think there's no way we're alone. Pretty narrow minded and selfish IMO to think we are the only living things in existence.

Carbon Akrapovic slip-on w/link pipe
Gutted headers
6000k HID's
PC V

post #3 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasn1nja View Post
Does scientology count? lol...So with no real proof to back my thoughts, I think there's no way we're alone. Pretty narrow minded and selfish IMO to think we are the only living things in existence.
Everyone has their thoughts there so think that's wrong of you to say selfish or narrow minded.....with that said I find it very interesting and always believed there has to be other planets out there that can sustain life this find shows one of the best promises yet.

bloo
post #4 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Damn, interesting find. Itd be cool if they could ever get something on the surface to check for signs of life, even if its micro organisms.

Could be Earths evil twin, where u are the RedDevil, and ur a malicious mod where only horrible things are allowed to be said

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #5 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 01:33 AM
my own worst enemy

Posting Frequency

If I recall, they said this planet was 600 light years away. Chances are slim we will ever get a probe there. The technological singularity is only like 50 years away, here's hoping the robots that replace us can get there.
post #6 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 AM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

So on the strictly science level this is sweet. Once we've finish completely Destroying this planet we have another one we can try. Pandorium anyone?

post #7 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley View Post
If I recall, they said this planet was 600 light years away. Chances are slim we will ever get a probe there. The technological singularity is only like 50 years away, here's hoping the robots that replace us can get there.
damn thats a long ass way away...kawi better come out with a zx600ly lol.

Thats pretty cool that we have a telescope that can see that far away.

Quote:
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
post #8 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat10R View Post
damn thats a long ass way away...kawi better come out with a zx600ly lol.

Thats pretty cool that we have a telescope that can see that far away.
My understanding of it they can't see that far away but have the technology to take inferred analysis from the scopes to guess what it is based on what we know....it's probably right for what elements it detected but to know this planet exactly and what's going on I guess there is much more to learn, just makes it interesting that we are finding these things.

PS....what's the RedDevil stuff you do know he lives in this Solar System and Forum as well don't ya.

Bloo
post #9 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Lol

Quote:
post #10 of 50 Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley View Post
That and it's 4000 degrees F on the surface, on the dark side of planet. Full of massive live volcanoes too.
I guess I'm narrowed minded and selfish. I think we are alone, at least in our own galaxy. If you take into account all the ingredients that are needed for life to exist, odds are slim that there is another planet like ours where there is just the right amount of the right chemicals/building blocks for life. Too cold, too hot, too much gravity, not enough gravity, toxic soil, toxic air, toxic water, gaseous conditions, no sun, too much sun etc. At some point in time, there may have been or will be another planet that can support life. But not right now.
I have an opinion. I also have a bung hole. Everyone has both of these things. Just my thoughts, not trying to picket in front of your homes and FORCE my beliefs on anyone. So please stay calm people.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in