Sky Diving - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 07-15-2015, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sky Diving

Just curious if there are any people in here that jump frequently. I want to set one up soon. Looking at a place in the Space Coast. They offer an 18k foot jump, with 1:30 of free fall! Sounds amazing! Not really a fan of the whole tandem jump, but I guess everyone's gotta start somewhere.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-15-2015, 09:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I started jumping back in 91. I was working on my 10 jumps to get my license (not sure if that it what you still need or not). But I never finished. Started getting pretty heavy into to drag racing so I did not finish my 10 jumps. I always jumped with 2 jump masters (one was a astronaut) and at first they will hold on to you to see if you are stable. You will get no sensation of falling till you get closer to the ground. It is windy as hell and every action has a reaction. Meaning you move a hand, arm, or leg you will move diffenent.

Enjoy it. I have a pretty good first jump video and pictures. They told me to wave at the camera after I do my practice pulls. I decided to shoot the finger. Haha
post #3 of 31 Old 07-15-2015, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I haven't jumped yet. I always love a good adrenaline burst though. I've always been a great swimmer, and with that and riding fast a lot, I think I have a feeling what it will be like with the wind resistance on body parts, etc.
Just looking forward to that amazing view and the unbelievable feeling of weightlessness. Gonna be like the best rollercoaster I've ever rode, x10!

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
post #4 of 31 Old 07-15-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

There are cheaper fares available, but the 18k ft. one is $250. That and the photography is another $100..
Shit-ain't-cheap.

What is best in life?..
post #5 of 31 Old 07-15-2015, 10:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I wanted to get my license as well but it just added up too quick and only got 2 of my jumps in.

I did what they call the accelerated free fall class where you take about a 5hr class then jump with 2 people holding on to you so you don't tumble too much. First time I was so concentrated on not dying and fucking up it went by really quick and was super scary but a hell of a rush. The 2nd jump I was a lot less scared and was able to look around and enjoy the fall a bit more.

I only jumped for 13k and had just about a minute of free fall.

Definitely do it, biggest rush I've ever had! If you do the class and jump with 2 other people and plan on doing other jumps I'd save the $100 for a later jump where you can do more things, probably make for a cooler video than your first jump where you just fall straight down.
post #6 of 31 Old 07-16-2015, 04:21 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have three jumps. I jumped tandem in Lake Wales and was considering getting my license. They jump from 14k there and its a super thrill and a ton of fun. The one and only part I didn't like was that it only lasts about five minutes from the time you jump to when you land. I think it would be a good hobby though once you got your license and your equipment. I think they only charge about 30 bucks a jump after that. So basically you could do 7 jumps on a Saturday and not spend as much as you would doing a track day.

post #7 of 31 Old 07-16-2015, 07:10 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Stealth Fighter it won't feel like a roller coaster or anything like that. When you sit in a roller coaster or one of those drop rides. They actually pull you down when they drop and you get pulled down, then you get the weightless sensation. Skydiving does not get the same sensation. You get the adrenaline rush and is windy as hell. You will like it.
post #8 of 31 Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have 19 jumps over the years. Back when I was in college I was part of the skydiving club and went through the AFF course out in Delend, FL. Went broke doing as college student after 8 jumps. It's free to jump out of the plane (that's why they call it freefall, but the plane ride up and the chute costs money ;). Got back into it years later at Skydive City in Z-hills and ran out of time and people to jump with. Never got my A-license and never did a tandem jump.

It's pretty awesome and the feeling of falling only lasts a few seconds. Once you stop accelerating downwards, it's just like you're flying. The coolest part (for me) is when they open the door to the plane and you're standing at the ledge hanging out in the breeze. Pretty wild feeling.

I'd double check the 18,000 foot drop figure though. Above 15,000ft the pilot has to be on oxygen and it has to be available for each passenger. That's not something they usually do and why most dives only go to 14,500. But it could be.

Even if you only do it one time, it's so worth it! Do it.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #9 of 31 Old 07-16-2015, 08:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I find it ironic that I'll ride a superbike 186MPH but won't dare go sky diving lol.
You guys make it sound cool and all but F^%$ that! lol
post #10 of 31 Old 07-16-2015, 08:51 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
I find it ironic that I'll ride a superbike 186MPH but won't dare go sky diving lol.
You guys make it sound cool and all but F^%$ that! lol
Pu....I mean wussy.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in