Shamrock Vs Le (Spoiler) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Shamrock Vs Le (Spoiler)

It was a great fight. Le's kicks were devastating. I was amazed he was able to land some effective side-kicks; not many MMA fighters throw side-kicks. Shamrock was being an ass everytime he landed something, but it was classical when Le kicked his mouth piece out. It sucked that Shamrock couldn't come out after the bell, I would've loved seeing his ass get knocked out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroman View Post
It was a great fight. Le's kicks were devastating. I was amazed he was able to land some effective side-kicks; not many MMA fighters throw side-kicks. Shamrock was being an ass everytime he landed something, but it was classical when Le kicked his mouth piece out. It sucked that Shamrock couldn't come out after the bell, I would've loved seeing his ass get knocked out...
I watched that fight, one of the best MMA fights I have seen. Much better than those 30 second Kimbo Slice BS fights.

Both fighters took some really hard shots.

After Cung le kicked out Shamrocks mouth piece, Cung le stepped back and allowed him to pick it up to the cheers of the fans.

They tried to claim Shamrock had a broken right arm from a Cung Le kick and couldn't continue. I don't know if we will ever know if that is true or not, but Shamrock took some wicked shots, some to the sides of his neck and they had some force to them. Cung Le who got rocked a few times as well.

Shamrock bragged he would go toe to toe with Cung Le and never try to go to the ground. That was a mistake and cost Shamrock the fight, possibly. I can't see how Shamrock was a 2 to 1 favorite.

Lets see what Cung Le can do on the mat, for he certain is awesome standing up and can take a punch.

Cung Le is a MMA Super Star after that match.

With Cung Le and Kimbo Slice, SHOWTIME has 2 very big Stars. And they have cute girl Gena Corona as well.

JJ
post #3 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

I personally thought that was a BORING ass fight, I mean I know where those two fighters were comming from respectivly as I get my ass kicked doing MMA for fun, but there was too much feeling each other out. I know everyone says that the fighters in the WEC are not as good as they are in Pride or UFC, but those are some of the best fights to watch, Almost every time in the ring there is a KO, TkO, or a submission.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #4 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 PM
jcw
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Video online anywhere???
post #5 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriordan View Post
I personally thought that was a BORING ass fight, I mean I know where those two fighters were comming from respectivly as I get my ass kicked doing MMA for fun, but there was too much feeling each other out. I know everyone says that the fighters in the WEC are not as good as they are in Pride or UFC, but those are some of the best fights to watch, Almost every time in the ring there is a KO, TkO, or a submission.
Boring? You gotta be kidding me. You must not have liked it because they didn't go to the matt and graple any.

I think it was one of the best MMA fights I have seen and I have seen most of the UFC's since Joyce Gracie won the first one in very boring style. I would rather watch them bang then submit.

JJ
post #6 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Not exactly.

While Shamrock did lose, he didnt have to. His mistake was trying to stand with cung to prove a point, and he was very wrong. if shamrock would have made more of an atempt to take it to the ground, he would have been the victor. cung DOES have good stand up. but i wouldnt put him up to high. if he couldnt knock out shamrock with 5 kicks to the face, that doesnt put him to high. And yes he did break his arm. thats why he didnt block that last kick to the face. that kick did rock him, for about 1 second, then he walked and took a seat.

If shamrock didnt act like a retard and try and trade with cung, im faily confident cung would have lost. cung is ok, but hes not great. he wont be the next big thing, and the fight before this one was a work.

Lets see cung with some decent young fighters and see how he does

07 zx-10r se
99 zx-9r
post #7 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Pimp/Player

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=JimmyJam;899276] I would rather watch them bang then submit.
Yeah when there on the ground and both good makes for a boring fight.STAND UP AND BANG. Submission's are good but knockout's are great

post #8 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by benonmsn View Post
Not exactly.

While Shamrock did lose, he didnt have to. His mistake was trying to stand with cung to prove a point, and he was very wrong. if shamrock would have made more of an atempt to take it to the ground, he would have been the victor. cung DOES have good stand up. but i wouldnt put him up to high. if he couldnt knock out shamrock with 5 kicks to the face, that doesnt put him to high. And yes he did break his arm. thats why he didnt block that last kick to the face. that kick did rock him, for about 1 second, then he walked and took a seat.

If shamrock didnt act like a retard and try and trade with cung, im faily confident cung would have lost. cung is ok, but hes not great. he wont be the next big thing, and the fight before this one was a work.

Lets see cung with some decent young fighters and see how he does

I agree we need to see what Cung Le can do on the mat and that Shamrock should have tried to take him down. I posted all that in my last post.

<<<Shamrock bragged he would go toe to toe with Cung Le and never try to go to the ground. That was a mistake and cost Shamrock the fight, possibly. I can't see how Shamrock was a 2 to 1 favorite.

Lets see what Cung Le can do on the mat, for he certain is awesome standing up and can take a punch.>>>

JJ
post #9 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
I agree we need to see what Cung Le can do on the mat and that Shamrock should have tried to take him down. I posted all that in my last post.[/I]

JJ

07 zx-10r se
99 zx-9r
post #10 of 13 Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That fight was not boring although I could've done without the taunting from Shamrock everytime a single shot was landed. Shamrock was an idiot for trying to go toe-to-toe. He did rock Le and looked like he had him for a second, but Le got a good shot that hurt Shamrock and he didn't continue his attack. Those kicks from Le were too devastating for Shamrock. I don't think Le is the best, anyone that takes him to the ground has a great shot at beating him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in