Shameless Instagram Self Promotion - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 Old 08-04-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Shameless Instagram Self Promotion

Hey everyone! So after starting my racing career this year, and obtaining sponsorships, I realized how important it was going to be to gain a social media following. I immediately made an Instagram and have been focusing my attention to it and the formulas they use to determine popularity and 'top posts' for given hashtags. I started it in May and have been working on a game plan ever since. I have paired up with some larger pages to grow and started trial running a new method of gaining like-minded followers. On friday, when I started the new battle plan, I had 1,140 semi-inactive followers. As of the time of writing this post I already have 2,178 incredibly active followers. That's over a THOUSAND followers gained in approximately 3 days! I went from my top post having around 30 likes to my top post now having 156 likes and being the 'top post' for popularity under the hastag #MotorcycleRacing.

So the question is: Why should you care? Why does this matter to you?

After I hit 5,000 foloowers (which is easily projected to be done before the end of August) I will be starting weekly giveaways. It will start out as Josiah Burke Racing stickers, keychains, t-shirts, etc. but will be expanding to gear and motorcycle accessories as I pair with my sponsors after the initial proof of concept.

So follow me, keep up on my rapidly progressing racing career, and get a chance at some free swag.

@josiah.edward
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 08-04-2015, 06:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Social media is what it is but what about winning races? Or even finishing races?

Just saying but then I am old-school.
post #3 of 53 Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
If only I did the social media thing, I'd be all over it for you. But alas, best of luck.

#bump
ZZRJo likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #4 of 53 Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Social media is a blessing and a curse... I really, really, really loathe it and about 99% of the people that use it.

But, it can be a very effective tool to promote and get visibility for yourself and/or your company/brand... I know if I didn't find it effective in that regard, I wouldn't be using it.

Best of luck and followed.
-Anthony
ZZRJo likes this.
post #5 of 53 Old 08-05-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
Social media is what it is but what about winning races? Or even finishing races?

Just saying but then I am old-school.
I'm not sure quite what you're implying but I do race ....and finish ....and podium. I've been working on my social media presence because that's what sponsors want. Although getting finish top three may be awesome, they care more about visibility than placement. Their job is to market a product. The more eyes that see it, the more unique clicks and likes, the more product they sell. It's all a game of numbers.
post #6 of 53 Old 08-05-2015, 01:47 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Wrote a bunch o stuff and deleted it. lol.
Maybe you should hang around here for a while and get to know some people before you ask this? Its kinda like going around and asking complete strangers to like you when they've never met you. And none of us know what your stats are. Ive never liked anyone to get free stuff, I liked em because of how they race, where they finish and maybe for personality but not to get free stickers. Just sayin.
Maybe wait til you have a couple hundred posts for Shameless Self Promotion? Might go over better.

Edit - with your post count it just comes across as trolling forums for clicks.
harobikes167 likes this.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #7 of 53 Old 08-05-2015, 02:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You've been following Marcel haven't you...

Social media gets you sponsors, which help you win races.

He's being entrepreneurial, racing doesn't pay what it used to, gotta get what you can where you can, who knows what shameless plug gets him a deal on tires, parts, fuel, transport, entry fees etc paid for him.

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #8 of 53 Old 08-05-2015, 03:03 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Who is this Marcel?? lol.
And yea, sounds like a great deal....if you're Josiah. Sounds like hits on Instagram are more important than race finishes (right Fang?). Being entrepreneurial is great, I just think it goes over better having some background as opposed to just blanket marketing.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #9 of 53 Old 08-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
Wrote a bunch o stuff and deleted it. lol.
Maybe you should hang around here for a while and get to know some people before you ask this? Its kinda like going around and asking complete strangers to like you when they've never met you. And none of us know what your stats are. Ive never liked anyone to get free stuff, I liked em because of how they race, where they finish and maybe for personality but not to get free stickers. Just sayin.
Maybe wait til you have a couple hundred posts for Shameless Self Promotion? Might go over better.

Edit - with your post count it just comes across as trolling forums for clicks.
I was thinking this same thing. Not about number of posts, but if you're going to try to promote yourself, sell yourself. I'm not going to follow a guy who looks like he could possibly be trolling if I've never heard of you? Not that I follow amateur racing, which I don't, but are you winning or placing in races? How about you give us some more info about you? Not what you are trying to do and maybe we will see you as a genuine person you could be over a guy who is only selling himself? Just my

"Never shoot a large caliber man, with a small caliber bullet."

GEN 3: "Stock"

2009 crf 450r
post #10 of 53 Old 08-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Jo, kudos for setting up a marketing avenue for yourself and your sponsors!!
I'm sure you've found as a few of the rest of us have, racing is expensive and there's not a line of sponsors waiting to give you money.

Internet forums are social media.

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in