Serenity? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Serenity?

Has anybody heard of this movie? A bunch of my friends say that it's based on this series called "firefly". I guess if you're a sci-fi fan and if you liked harrison ford's character in Star Wars that you'll love this movie. Do you guys know anything about it?

Just wondering..........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-07-2005, 06:27 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Afterburner
Much about Serenity I know, young Padawan. The original Firefly was a TV series that ran for 1 season only, I believe 2003 or 2004. It was created by Joss Wheadon, the mastermind behind several other beloved shows including "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". It was set about 500 years in the future and the opening credits always had the same monologue which gave us the following Info.
The year is 2550 (thereabouts). Earth was "used up". People had to go find a new Galaxy and populate it. The "Alliance" tried to rule the Galaxy. There was a rebellion, which lost. (Now that I'm writing this it seems alot like Star Wars, yet if you watch the show it's nothing alike).
The whole show has a wild-west type theme to it, with a good combination of advanced technology and backwoods primitivism.
The Serenity is a "Firefly" class transport spaceship, Captained by Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds. His first mate is Zoe, a hot chick who is tough as nails and who he fought with during the rebellion. Wash is the amazing pilot and is also Zoe's husband. Jayne is a tough ass sumbitch (you would be too if you were a guy with a name like Jayne). Inara is a world-class hottie who plays a "Companion", more along the lines of a cultured Geisha as opposed to a common whore. Kaylee is a cute chick who is the engineer without par and who keeps the Serenity going with spit and bailing-wire. Shepherd is just that...a future priest...who also has some surprising talents. Finally we have Doctor Tam and River Tam, a brother/sister combination on the run from the alliance. River has some amazing talents after being operated on by the Alliance but has been reduced to a state of autism, for lack of a better word. Sometimes she is quite normal, other times she is loopier than hell.
The Serenity movie will be released 30 Sep in Canada and the US and the plot will take us deeper into the River story and the Alliances search for her.
This is one movie that I will gladly fork over my $85 at the theatre to see. Holey S**t!!! I just noticed how much I wrote...shouldn't I be working?
TV- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/
Movie- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

Hope this helps!

I've got something to say...It's better to burn up, than to fade away!

Please, call me Burner.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-07-2005, 07:04 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

OK...here's the Official Site...

http://www.serenitymovie.com/

Please, call me Burner.
post #4 of 10 Old 09-07-2005, 07:19 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterburner
Much about Serenity I know, young Padawan. The original Firefly was a TV series that ran for 1 season only, I believe 2003 or 2004. It was created by Joss Wheadon, the mastermind behind several other beloved shows including "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". It was set about 500 years in the future and the opening credits always had the same monologue which gave us the following Info.
The year is 2550 (thereabouts). Earth was "used up". People had to go find a new Galaxy and populate it. The "Alliance" tried to rule the Galaxy. There was a rebellion, which lost. (Now that I'm writing this it seems alot like Star Wars, yet if you watch the show it's nothing alike).
The whole show has a wild-west type theme to it, with a good combination of advanced technology and backwoods primitivism.
The Serenity is a "Firefly" class transport spaceship, Captained by Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds. His first mate is Zoe, a hot chick who is tough as nails and who he fought with during the rebellion. Wash is the amazing pilot and is also Zoe's husband. Jayne is a tough ass sumbitch (you would be too if you were a guy with a name like Jayne). Inara is a world-class hottie who plays a "Companion", more along the lines of a cultured Geisha as opposed to a common whore. Kaylee is a cute chick who is the engineer without par and who keeps the Serenity going with spit and bailing-wire. Shepherd is just that...a future priest...who also has some surprising talents. Finally we have Doctor Tam and River Tam, a brother/sister combination on the run from the alliance. River has some amazing talents after being operated on by the Alliance but has been reduced to a state of autism, for lack of a better word. Sometimes she is quite normal, other times she is loopier than hell.
The Serenity movie will be released 30 Sep in Canada and the US and the plot will take us deeper into the River story and the Alliances search for her.
This is one movie that I will gladly fork over my $85 at the theatre to see. Holey S**t!!! I just noticed how much I wrote...shouldn't I be working?
TV- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/
Movie- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

Hope this helps!
You're not a fan or anything are you?
post #5 of 10 Old 09-07-2005, 08:26 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Saying I'm a fan is like saying that you love B.D.

Please, call me Burner.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-08-2005, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks looks pretty cool
post #7 of 10 Old 09-12-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

firefly
post #8 of 10 Old 09-12-2005, 12:07 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
everybody knows that andy is in love with BD

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-14-2005, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I just finished watching the entire firefly series on dvd. It's awesome. Why the hell did fox cancel it and why didn't i watch it!! Anyways, the movie looks awesome and i can't wait. Shit, now i'm hooked
post #10 of 10 Old 09-15-2005, 12:13 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Joss Whedon's projects always get cancelled.
Too slowly paced and cerebral for today's ADD viewers.

Your suffering shall be legendary, even in hell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in