Selling/Buying - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Selling/Buying

I constantly look around the site at who's selling what, who's bought what, who is looking to sell whatever. I find myself constantly skipping over anyones things for sell when they dont have hardly any posts in here. Call me a prejudice prick, but I just cant seem to take anyone 'new' seriously on here. Now, when I see some of the regular names on here with things up for sell, I'll spend hours looking through the items and trying to justify buying them.... Maybe I'm just very skeptic of people and scams, maybe I'm just an @$$, i dunno.

Anyone else automatically skip over items for sale from people with low post counts? Or get pissed off because it seems like that was the only reason they joined the forum was to unload things they didnt want, got their post count up, and then listed everything for sale? Instead of actually trying to help out their fellow riders/would be friends..?

When Life throws you a curve, Take that Bitch at 150!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

That's a tough one, cause I work on a lot of bikes and have many parts for other makes and models. So when I have to sell something like an R6 Speedo gauge, I go to sign up at an R6 forum. So having no real posts or any trader feedback, some on there may think like you and think I'm a scam or whatever, but my iTrader here and eBay are great. So I guess not ALL cases of a newbie posting something for sale is fishy or a scam.

That's what PayPal is for, gives you a little piece of mind and insurance....worst that could happen is you're out of your money for a few weeks but you'll end up getting it back. PayPal will almost always side with a buyer when not receiving an item or getting an item that was not as described....had the mishaps happen to me as a buyer a few times now, and never lost a dime.

Last edited by NinjeR; 11-09-2011 at 03:03 AM.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea, I have had the mishaps happen too, and paypal was great and they returned my money. In those cases, it was from the newbies, so maybe thats why im scewed in my views... I dunno. I mean, I know people have to do whats best for them, and hate to have things sitting around that they are no longer using.... but the way i look at this forum, and i'm sure not all are like this for the most part, but it's a big family. If i can sell you, one of my brothers, a part at half the cost of a new one, it helps us both. I get a little change, and you get a great part. That's me selling the part... I know not everyone see's thing's the way I do. Some are here for merely their own gain.... I dunno. Maybe I'm just bored sitting here at work and thinking way to much on pointless topics.... but it's entertaining me!

When Life throws you a curve, Take that Bitch at 150!!
post #4 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 01:54 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You know what sucks though is coming from a different bike. I've been riding for 11 years now, posted hundreds of posts in other forums, bought and sold a dozen motorcycles, bought and sold hundreds of parts. Now, I just picked up a ZX-10R (my first Kawasaki) that needs a lot of work for a new track toy. But I guess I can't post up my wanted items until I create enough posts and wait long enough. I guess I should have joined up here when I first started looking to get a head start on my post count so I could try and get some parts on here. I'm trying add value where I can, but I just don't know a whole heck of a lot about this bike yet so I can't offer much of anything specific to the ZX-10R yet. I try to post up to gear discussions and non-bike specific topics, but you know, there's just so much you can do without ever having rode a ZX-10R (mine is not rideable in current condition).

Not trying to whine too much, I'll abide by the rules and wait... I'll have to check out this iTrader thing.

post #5 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 02:04 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
The low post count is a concern for sure, but I won't immediately ignore it since a lot of people don't spend much time posting as they do researching on this site. But I'll skip right over any ad that doesn't contain pictures of the items. If someone is selling something, they should include pics in the ad to validate the description of what I may be buying as a minimum. In fact, I'd love to see that as part of the selling rules on this site - 30 days, 25 posts, and pictures must be included in the thread.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Everyone has to start at zero.....with their posts and itrader feedback. the main thing i look at is the members trader history and how they are here on the forum. and always use paypal or pick up in person whenever possible. i do agree with SkyDork though and thing that a PIC AND PRICE should be included with every item for sale. and i hate "feelers" in the F/S section......either list it or keep it, plain n simple.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Last edited by TMY10ER; 11-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
The low post count is a concern for sure, but I won't immediately ignore it since a lot of people don't spend much time posting as they do researching on this site. But I'll skip right over any ad that doesn't contain pictures of the items. If someone is selling something, they should include pics in the ad to validate the description of what I may be buying as a minimum. In fact, I'd love to see that as part of the selling rules on this site - 30 days, 25 posts, and pictures must be included in the thread.

I am with you if you don't spend the time to add a picture I will skip over as well. Also, anyone that does not have pictures is subject to moderation in violation of Guidelines:

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88022

It just doesn't happen to often it's just a bad seller.....It's not like the site is charging for Image hosting either

Anyway I have been very active in the Classifieds lately so feel free to use the comments and suggestions forum or contact a Moderator with any concerns.

PS.....Guess who this is?
post #8 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

It's a crap shot to me really, every one got to start on the bottom.It doesn't bother me if members are here to sell only also especially if I'm the one in need of the part(s). I got burned befor (hear that lil laoboy from FL) but life goes on.I'll still buy from a low post count if I need the part.It's not the low post count, it's the person's intentions behind it.

Never forget who helped you!
Never forgive who fu*ked you.
Doing a trackday is like "SEX", no matter what happens you'll want to hit it again..
post #9 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

For low post counts, just add a +1 or a simple comment to threads. That's all it takes to get your name out there for others on here to recognize. Plus, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON at each forum section and READ. Best way to learn. People get pissed when the same " what oil is best" or " what is best exhaust" is asked over and over by the new comers. There are hundreds of threads on these subjects. Any question you may have, there is a thread on it usually. Just "search" before posting a new thread. It's even in the guidelines for the site.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #10 of 14 Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedeviltest View Post

I am with you if you don't spend the time to add a picture I will skip over as well. Also, anyone that does not have pictures is subject to moderation in violation of Guidelines:

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88022

It just doesn't happen to often it's just a bad seller.....It's not like the site is charging for Image hosting either

Anyway I have been very active in the Classifieds lately so feel free to use the comments and suggestions forum or contact a Moderator with any concerns.

PS.....Guess who this is?
just to edit my post and for some that don't understand since I have been dealing with this kind of stuff lately here is the main thing Sellers or Buyers should be aware of from the Guidelines Sticky:

Quote:
any Violation of this Sticky is subject to MODERATION meaning it may be overlooked but don't be surprised if your selling something and it's moved or deleted.
Will update it though to locked as well when there are complaints or concerns and may add your thread to the Seller/Buyer feedback Forum.

Bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in