SELLERS BEWARE!!!!!! read this - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-24-2007, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to MikeyBzx10R
SELLERS BEWARE!!!!!! read this

Recently i posted a thread on here for my spare set of rims/tires. I received a email from a guy named Adam Bucek, out of Oklahoma. he said he saw my wheels on the website and wanted them, he asked to remove the listing from the site and that i would get a money order with a week or so. He emailed me a few times saying how he appreciates me not selling them to anyone and that he overpaid me on the money order. he actually put in his email that if i was an honest guy, I would western union him the difference minus the shipping.he pleaded for me to ship them asa i got the money order. I emailed him back telling him that when the money order cleared, then i would ship the wheels. QUESS WHAT??? Today a United States Postal Service money order shows up, and as he explained, it was too much. I told him 650.00 plus the shipping. the money order was for 834.00. Something didn't feel right, so i went to the bank to have it verified.Of course,they had no idea.They sent me to the post office. The supervisor said it was the best fake he has ever seen.

BEWARE OF A BUYER NAMED ADAM BUCEK out of Oklahoma

Hope this prevents someone from getting scammed....

MikeyB

PCIII, Akropovic carbon fiber slip on,K&N air filter,1/5th throttle,nissin upgrade master cylinder,CRG levers,Scotts stabilizer,LED signals and rear light,race tech springs,gold valve compression and rebound kits..kevlar lines,rear sets,michelin pilot powers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBzx10R View Post
Recently i posted a thread on here for my spare set of rims/tires. I received a email from a guy named Adam Bucek, out of Oklahoma. he said he saw my wheels on the website and wanted them, he asked to remove the listing from the site and that i would get a money order with a week or so. He emailed me a few times saying how he appreciates me not selling them to anyone and that he overpaid me on the money order. he actually put in his email that if i was an honest guy, I would western union him the difference minus the shipping.he pleaded for me to ship them asa i got the money order. I emailed him back telling him that when the money order cleared, then i would ship the wheels. QUESS WHAT??? Today a United States Postal Service money order shows up, and as he explained, it was too much. I told him 650.00 plus the shipping. the money order was for 834.00. Something didn't feel right, so i went to the bank to have it verified.Of course,they had no idea.They sent me to the post office. The supervisor said it was the best fake he has ever seen.

BEWARE OF A BUYER NAMED ADAM BUCEK out of Oklahoma

Hope this prevents someone from getting scammed....
Is he a member on this site if so give me his username so I can ban him

bloo
post #3 of 21 Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
:headshake

Shorty's Performance
post #4 of 21 Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to MikeyBzx10R
he never gave his screen name. I never asked. when he said he saw them on the forum, i figured he was ok

MikeyB

PCIII, Akropovic carbon fiber slip on,K&N air filter,1/5th throttle,nissin upgrade master cylinder,CRG levers,Scotts stabilizer,LED signals and rear light,race tech springs,gold valve compression and rebound kits..kevlar lines,rear sets,michelin pilot powers
post #5 of 21 Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

He was probably a troll and not even a member, just searched the site and emailed you. If he was a member I would suspect he would have used a PM to get a hold of you. And just a note, that is a pretty old trick. I am not saying you a a fool by any means but that one has been around for a while...good for you for not getting caught though.

Well, I started out with nothing and I still have most of it...
post #6 of 21 Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

this has happened to me quite a few times on scamslist aka cragslist. Got bunk, overpaid checks and the people just said, cash it and send me the difference. I wasted so much time on these fukks!!! If its 1 thing i hate, ITS SCAMS!!!!
post #7 of 21 Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 PM

Posting Frequency

Contact the FBI as this involves interstate wire fraud. 8-10 in the big house will do wonders for his scamming butt.
post #8 of 21 Old 07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
WSB Rider

Location: Georgia is home, but the Army has me in San Antonio, TX!!!
Posting Frequency

Had a similar message from a guy on craigslist. My reply to him was I would only accept paypal. Never heard from him again. I knew it was a scam from the beginning and knew he wouldn't reply after I told him I wouldn't accept his "certified check"!!!

post #9 of 21 Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Post up his address and see if it is legit.
post #10 of 21 Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to zx-10r203 Send a message via Yahoo to zx-10r203
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinlinc View Post
Had a similar message from a guy on craigslist. My reply to him was I would only accept paypal. Never heard from him again. I knew it was a scam from the beginning and knew he wouldn't reply after I told him I wouldn't accept his "certified check"!!!
Had the same thing here!! Guy said he was out of the country and that he would mail me a check, and send someone to pick up the car. Well I told him to mail the check to a PO Box that I would give him the address when the check cleared. Well I got the check and I was asking 6,000 for the car and I got a 15,000 check. So I took the check to the bank they called in the account and it was a fraud. They asked if I could wait to speak to someone about the fraud and I said sure. Turns out they called the FBI. I gave them the envelope, they put it in a plastic ziplock bag, took my statemet and that was the last I heard!!!!

Mods: Too many to list!!
"RIDE LIKE YOU STOLE IT"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in