The Seattle 100 - Riding for NephCure Foundation - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-18-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

The Seattle 100 - Riding for NephCure Foundation

To some new friends and some old friends,

As some of you already know, I will be participating in the Seattle 100 on July 29th, 2006. The Seattle 100 is a unique fundraising event for the NephCure Foundation, an IRS approved 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to finding the cause and cure of glomerular kidney disease.

Participating riders will pilot their motorcycles around Pacific Raceways, a 2.2 mile road course in Kent, WA, in an attempt to achieve as many laps as possible by days end. I will be on the track with some of the nationís fastest motorcycle racers: Josh Hayes and Aaron Gobert of Erion Honda, Aaron Yates of Yoshimura Suzuki, and locally grown fast guy Jake Holden with Jordon Motorsports! Comedian and motorcycle enthusiast David Alan Grier will ride with us as well as run our auction at the end of the day! These celebrities and professional road racers will be in attendance to ride with Seattle 100 participants, sign autographs, and lend support to this Northwest event now gaining national exposure.

The Seattle 100 hosted by 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction has a single purpose: to raise money for the fight against kidney disease, particularly those that affect children. Each participant is required to generate a minimum level of donations, and must collect and present the donations prior to the event. Iím asking each of you to contribute what you can to benefit the not-for-profit NephCure Foundation. In 2004, the second year of the Seattle 100, our goal was $50,000. We were able to raise over $70,000! Last year, the 2005 Seattle 100 raised over $93,000! Many of those dollars were raised with $50 and $100 contributions - obviously the more the better, but every little bit helps! This year we plan to raise over $100,000! It will be sensational to offer a large portion of our goal when I register the morning of the event!

To raise even more money for NephCure, all of your contributions will be matched by Microsoft! Once all donations are pooled together, we will present the NephCure Foundation with a single check, and the appropriate gift matching form for their submittal to Microsoft. With a single donation such as this, there is only one transaction for both NephCure and Microsoft; making it easy on them, and easy on you, the contributors.
If you choose to participate, I would like to have all donations by July 24th so that we may accurately submit the required information to Microsoft. Also, we can tell 2Fast and NephCure what our total contribution will be so they can report preliminary numbers to the media. Thank you all for making this a very successful 4th annual Seattle 100!

In previous years I've only ridden my Ninja ZX-10R. This year I will be mixing it up a little bit with my new supermoto bike, a 2005 Suzuki DR-Z400S! I have added 17" rims and street tires to what is essentially a dirt bike, played with the suspension a bit, and voila! Never a dull moment! All friends and contributors are encouraged to come to the track July 29th to watch the festivities!

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the event, the NephCure Foundation, your contributions, or motorcycles. For more information on 2Fast, The Seattle 100, The NephCure Foundation, or glomerular kidney disease, please visit the following websites: http://www.2-fast.org or http://www.nephcure.org. For an awesome write-up on the 2005 Seattle 100, check out this Motorcycle USA article (I even get mention on page 2).

Contact me through PM or this post with any questions! Thanks and see you at the track!

//bikerscum

2004 & 2005 Seattle 100 Pics

Does this bike make my butt look fast?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in