School me on an M4 Carbine - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 07-18-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
School me on an M4 Carbine

Im thinking about getting an M4 sometime... I have no idea what to buy or where to buy it...

any pointers on price, what to look for, what not to look @?

Live it before its too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id=56

pick this one up, It's like $750+/- depending where you get it from. Impactguns.com has some instock last I checked. Good gun (I own 1 lol) they cheap and are accurate as hell with proper scope mounted

If you've got the money to blow right now buy a colt M4

http://www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-LE6920BF.html

they not much better than DPMS from what I hear, but they all good.

PM djblacksuperman also, He know's his AR-15/M4 stuff.

post #3 of 30 Old 07-18-2009, 11:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

over the years I've had many many many black rifles....they are almost all the same....Stay away from Olympic

Buy:

DPMS
Rock River
Bushmaster
Stag
Armalite

Don't spend any more than $1K....Academy of all places are selling Bushmaster M4's for $999 right now. However depending on the state you live in makes all the difference in the world...If your in Tx, Ar, LA you can get them pretty cheap.

Colt is just a name. Personally I have always liked DPMS. The AR lower recievers almost all come from the same Un named manufacturer. If you buy a minimum of 10,000 lowers, they will stamp whatever name you want..DPMS, Bushmaster, Stag..etc.

Some gun shops are raping customers....don't get rapped. PM me if you need some more info.
post #4 of 30 Old 07-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

All I can say is in the miltary when I was in; I loved my m4 so much when I got out I bought one asap, there going run you between $600-2000 grand for a m4 for sure depending on who you buy it from ect. But you will find out soon enough what they are all about, no classes here, buy one and take it out the a range and watch people turn there heads haha. I took mine out a couple weeks ago to a local gun range and everyone in my line up where I was had little .22 or.9mm pistols ect. I checked everything and threw the mag up in my lower and started throwing them down range and when I got done with my 30 round mag I looked over and half of them were looking at me, heck one guy even started asking if he could shoot it

post #5 of 30 Old 07-19-2009, 12:00 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

There fun guns to own, but expensive and can get very expensive to shoot unless your loading your own ammo. I've owned two so far and sold my last one last year. Had Rock River build a complete custom ar15 for me. Had just over $2000 in mine after everything was said and done. It was a great gun and loads of fun to shoot, but i saw no point in keeping such a high dollar gun when i could sale it and use that money else where... which i ended up doing, and sold it for $100 more then what i had in it! As far as what brands to buy... I dunno about most people but i'm VERY picky when it comes to my toys... I'd go with either RockRiver, Colt, or a Bushmaster! Also, you can check www.gunbroker.com which you can find good deals on sometimes and it's basically like Ebay for guns!

'97 gsxr 750
'03 cbr 954
'05 gsxr 1000
'07 ducati 1098
'06 gsxr 750
'07 yamaha r6
'07 cbr 600rr
'08 zx10r
'07 daytona 675
'08 cbr 1000rr
post #6 of 30 Old 07-19-2009, 12:29 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

gunsamerica.com is pretty good to get a feel for that the market is like for gun prices. If I see a gun that I am not sure if is a deal or not I check and what they go for on GA.
Most pawn shops have an FFL license so it you will generally cost you an extra $25 plus shipping to buy of the net.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #7 of 30 Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

come join the Marine Corps, well give you one and even let you kill some baddies with it.

i would be a terrible recruiter.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #8 of 30 Old 07-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

I have to ask how do you like the marines cause the last I heard you all were on a 7 month rotation or something? Just got out of the army not to long ago, bonus was shit that they were trying to give me to re-enlist for another 6...

post #9 of 30 Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You can get a good deal on the Colt 6920... I'd avoid the dpms. Check out
m4carbine.net for some good info. I have Colts, bushy's and a dpms 308 so I'm not down on the other brands but there is a difference in quality.
post #10 of 30 Old 07-19-2009, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
Thanks for the info. I have a buddy who is a LEO and he has a Colt and loves it.

Im in NY state, so, shipping one and dealing w/ all that crap is kinda outta the question, our gun laws are kinda strict... Im good friends w/ a couple gun shop owners and Im sure they can get me what I need... I figured Id spend $1k or more on it.

Id join the marines if I was a little younger and not about to get married... Its crossed my mind several times and I should have went in when I finished college... oh well...

Live it before its too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in