Salesman.... LOL - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Salesman.... LOL

So, Louiszx10r and I went riding today. We were going to go from Indy to Iron Pony dealership in Ohio, but Mother Nature saw that ride and said, No Way. So we went west to Terre Haute. We took our time and took some winding roads. We had a great ride to a dealership out there. The name was Thompson's something or other motorsports. So we enter in riding gear and are greeted as we enter. We wander around and find that they have only 1 Zx-10. It's the black one, so we stop and are looking it over and a saleman comes up to us and opens his mouth and immediatly the bullshit is flowing out of his mouth.

Salesman: "How you guys doing?"

Us: " Fine, hot but had a great ride"

Salesman: " I see you are looking at the ZX-10."

Louis : "Yep, but it's the wrong color." (he's partial to the green one) Now mind you Louis has on a GREEN Kawasaki riding jacket.

Salesman: " (here comes the bull ) "THIS BIKE WILL DO 200MPH right outta the box."

Louis: "Outta the box as in Stock?"

Salesman: "yep, stock all you have to do is take the motor apart take out the governor and WALLA, 200MPH.

ME: " I am going to have to call on you and your info right there." "I am not wearing boots tall enough to walk through this much." So I start to text Kabooki. I text him what this dummy is saying and have a few good chuckles back and forth. I then tell Louis that " I've heard enough for one day, you can stand there and shoot the shit with this guy but i'm going to continue browsing." And I walked away.

So we decided to take a pic, and share with you this funny story and a pic to match.

So tell me, Garth, would bike hit 200 stock? Without all your mods?????

I thought Garth would def. find this thread funny.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1st 10r; 07-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Take the motor apart and remove the governor?
huh?
post #3 of 28 Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

That's what he said... He was a real hoot
post #4 of 28 Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
The picture is too small. You need to take off the governor so it can be sized to it's full potential.

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #5 of 28 Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
lol pretty funny :-p

short answer is NO it wont lol ..... 186mph is all she will do :-p
post #6 of 28 Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I am telling you Garth, you would have had a blast with this guy... He had no clue what he was talking about... I told him then I would never buy one all black and walked away leaving him standing with a somewhat pretty stupid look on his face

just poking around............

REPEAT AFTER ME...

GREEN is faster... GREEN is faster... GREEN is faster...GREEN is faster...
post #7 of 28 Old 07-25-2012, 04:21 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
The picture is too small. You need to take off the governor so it can be sized to it's full potential.

It will be 200 times its original size!

post #8 of 28 Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Even the guy I bought my 10r from wasn't very knowledgeable about the bike, but he didn't lie or blow smoke up my ass to get me interested. I knew what the bike could do out of the box and didn't need a brochure/forum reading salesman to convince me of anything.
post #9 of 28 Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

When I bought mine I went to a dealership that had Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki. I wanted to compare the 1k's and the Zx14 and busa from these guys. I wanted a 2011 left over and they had all of them to compare side by side. Well I decided on what I was told was a 2011 zx10r red and black ;). It was a Sunday and my credit union was closed so I had to wait until Monday. I went home started researching the zx10r a little more and noticed the red and blacks were 2012. I got on the dealers site and noticed it was listed as a 2012. Monday morning I called the salesman and told him he put me on hold and checked and came back and said it was a 2012. I told him to send the info in the 2011 to my credit union because I wanted the better price. He said ok. He called back a little bit later and said that the 2012 was the same price as the 2011 because Kawi is discounting them to make room for the 2013s. Ok makes some sense ill go with the 2012 for the same price. So I got approved on the bike and go in to do the paper work. As im signing the papers with the sales manager I notice they say 2011 and tell him I thought it was a 2012. He told me no it was a 2011 they didn't have any 2012's on the floor is that ok? I said yeah knowing it was a 2012. Then as we finished signing I said your sure its not a 2012 and he said yeah. They were already done prepping the bike so I went out and checked the VIN with the salesman and he noticed it didn't match. Because I told him lol. So any way a long story short they decided to sell me the 2012 for the discounted 2011 price since they screwed up. So I had to resign my paper work and noticed the payment was $10 per month less. I asked if they extended the length of the loan and the sales manager said the first bike (the 11) was ABS and the 12 was non abs so they took the cost of ABS off also. So due to their ignorance I bought a 2012 zx10 for the cost of a leftover sale price of a 2011. In my experience an ignorant salesman isn't a bad thing if you have half a clue about bikes. Lol.
post #10 of 28 Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Lol a lot of bike salesman are just there bec its a job and many dont know anything abt bikes. I dont even let them start with the sales pitch if I go in just to window shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in