Salary advise wanted - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
OMG Look at that squid!!

Posting Frequency

Salary advise wanted

Person works for company A for 2.5 years. Company is BIG corp bank owned. Employee has been there since the co. had 150 employees. Now the co. has 500 employees. Employee has had 2 reviews, all excellent. However, NO raise has been given ever. Lower paid employees, across the board, are being given raises to make everyone equal on the payscale. Person is a top producer in the company. Considered a valuable employee and never rocks the boat. Person has 10 years experience in the industry and an untarnished past. Pay structures have been changed twice while employed at company A. Employee is told that bonuses make up for any raise (spun ever so beautifully). Bonuses based upon quantity, yet the goal is raised constantly. Total BS truely. No it's not sales either. Basically gettin fugged over. Person is looking for well thought, experienced corporate negociating to approach the upper management. Seriously folks.

I have always felt the majority of this forum's membership is good people with a lot of life experience. Gimme some thoughts on how to approach this. Person wants to avoid full-on legal battle.

Because wheelie!!!

17' Honda 1000RR SP - 08' Hypermotard 1100s
16' ZX10R - SOLD
14' Ducati Monster 1200S - SOLD
13' RSV4-R - SOLD
My ZX10R's 11' - 08' - 07' - 05' - 04' - ALL SOLD
Miss my Black 04' the most!
Never enough money, never enough time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sorry, I can't help. I am in the same boat except, soon as the area I have been assigned to starts to make some improvement I get moved "laterally" to another area in worse shape. When reviews come around I always get reviewed on my current department not he previous ones. I need to wake up!

Three things that don't remain hidden for long, the moon, the sun and the truth!
post #3 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

10 years ex recruiting... You need to talk to ex and neg a pay rise based on your performance reviews. If its not possible, ask why ? If the business is doing well, your doing well and your team is doing well, why arent you being rewarded.
Is your manager adequately representing you to senior management or is he/she a blocker.
You need to understand your position, the company position and you managers position, and are your skill sets in high demand ?. Put some feelers out in the market place and see what happens.

Good Luck !

Bikes
1995 RGV250
1997 ZX7R
1999 YZFR1
2001 KTM 250 EXC
2006 BLK 10R
2012 KTM 250 SXF
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."
post #4 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

time for a new job. raise base on your job performance and bonus is from the company performance. you help the company make a profit and they share it with the employee's of the company.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #5 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You only get what you ask for or are willing to jump through hoops for. If you are a top performer in a specialized job that any caveman couldn't do you should be able to negotiate or leave. If you are unprepared to leave then continue bending over. Everything in corporate world is negoitiable. There are no HR limitations or any other BS they throw at you. You simply must market yourself or move on.

Where ever you go, there you are... but you can get there a lot faster on a ZX6RR.

AFM #869
post #6 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

I have been at the same job for 2 years make good $ {I do Finance for honda} it's base + com my base sucks it $2600 a month but my com is about 5k per month so good $, I found out my f&i HPP sales for honda im #1 in the usa and still no rase from my bace so im finding a new job fuck 'em if they don't recognize you !!! I made them 390,000 last year on selling paper {paper is F&I lingo for warranty's} and im still at a shitty base so later!!!
post #7 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dude, that was sooo cryptic

It "sounds" like you might not be assertive enough. You are in a business/corporate setting, do you handle yourself like a winner -- body language, conversation, dress, extra projects and are you quick to take on leadership.

This is not a hard and fast rule, but you know your good (valuable) when your employer pays you as if they're afraid of losing you and the competition is seeking you out.

Did I miss things completely?
Phil

Dress for the slide & not the ride
post #8 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Rracer
I have been at the same job for 2 years make good $ {I do Finance for honda} it's base + com my base sucks it $2600 a month but my com is about 5k per month so good $, I found out my f&i HPP sales for honda im #1 in the usa and still no rase from my bace so im finding a new job fuck 'em if they don't recognize you !!! I made them 390,000 last year on selling paper {paper is F&I lingo for warranty's} and im still at a shitty base so later!!!
Cars?

SG

Green is fastest.
post #9 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I cant help, my raise is dependent on performance, decorations and testing

Kelly
'05 ZX-10R
post #10 of 20 Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I work for a top ten fortune 500 company, I think we are top 5 this year. And our management bonus system relies on so much shit to happen that it would make your head spin. A lot of what must happen is above the local managers control so I always joke that the planets have to align for the facility manager to receive a bonus, so needless to say they almost never receive them. In fact I have never seen them get one in the seven years I have been around

What I do personally when I go for a review and feel that I should get more than our companies standard 2-3% per year is make a list of all the tangible and intangible things I have done recently. The intangibles are just that intangible, so they are hard to prove, but I keep a spreadsheet of everything that I personally have to do with and the dollar amounts.

I whip the spreadsheet out ocassionally and beat the shit out of my manager with it. I will show him how much I have personally made our facility in the last year, or whatever time frame suits my objective. I will usually show him how much my revenue generation has increased and by what percent/dollar amount and tell him that I think that I am worth more than the typical bullshit cost of living adjustment.

Our business relies heavily on customer service, so my revenue stream is generally a little higher than my salary, so I can get close to a 1:1 ratio between my salary and the money I directly generate as the majority of my job is customer service, not selling items. We are service based and in my sector I am well known and for some reason well respected. I have been called on multiple ocassions the face for our company as our customers see me a lot more than anyone else in the company. I am not trying to blow my own horn here basically what I am getting at is figure out what makes you so valuable and let them know what it is. Some managers know what an employees strengths are, some do not, and some try and play dumb so they do not have to pay you accordingly. If you let them know that you are a top performer and that you are fully aware of it you should have an easy time of it. If they do not care or you are delusional about your grandeur then it will be time for you to walk when you do not get a raise.

I have recently taken on a lot more responsibility and have already put the bug in my manager's ear that he needs to figure out what new pay group to put me in as there are about 3 of us in the company that have set the upper limit for our job classification, and that I know that I am one of those three and that with my new responsibilites I think I should be reclassed to make a considerable amount more money. our reviews are in August and I had this discussion with him last week, sometimes these things take time and you may need to make subtle hints leading up to your actual assault be it with a spreadsheet or whatever.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in