Running from the cop's aint worth it..on't be a squid don't do it.. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-06-2005, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Running from the cop's aint worth it..on't be a squid don't do it..

Got this from the bus site..very cool stories....
http://www.sport-touring.net/cgi-bin...22697;st=0;r=1;&
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 12:12 AM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
yeah dont run its not worth it

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 01:47 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Louks03 Send a message via MSN to Louks03 Send a message via Yahoo to Louks03
Yer killin my buzz killer.

www.doodie.com
post #4 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Being in my 24 year of Law enforcement I have encountered many officers with different perspectives on pursuits. Remember that Most not all Police are type A personalities and love the thrill of the hunt so to speak. Over the years pursuit policys all over the country have changed for the better but like anything theres always away around it. Most new recruits live to chase. When I was an FTO (Field training Off). I told the new guys do not chase a motorcycle unless you know that he/she had committed a serious Felony and is a danger to society if not caught. The same as most deadly physical force policys in effect in most Pd's throughout this country. I could tell you horror stories all day long of the after effects of a pursuit gone bad but we all know those stories either first hand or through are respective communities. I have never been able to fiquor out what type of Policy as in the case of California that justifies chasing someone through several counties for those prolonged periods of time. We Police agencys up in the N/E get a good laugh and just shake out heads when we turn on the tube and watch the boy's in blue in Cali do those marithon chases. I have tried to in the past pursuade our administration for a NO PURSUIT POLICY to no avail. There is a PD hear in Conn. that does have such a policy and the rest of the Country should follow. Even when I am out messing up on on one of my sport bikes and I get stopped which does happen on occassion I never pull the trump card on the Off. and take my lumps like everyone else. I am not saying that if someone recognizes me I wont take a free one, just saying that I take whats comming to me no matter what in life I do. Running is not worth it in my experience.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmugovero
Being in my 24 year of Law enforcement I have encountered many officers with different perspectives on pursuits. Remember that Most not all Police are type A personalities and love the thrill of the hunt so to speak. Over the years pursuit policys all over the country have changed for the better but like anything theres always away around it. Most new recruits live to chase. When I was an FTO (Field training Off). I told the new guys do not chase a motorcycle unless you know that he/she had committed a serious Felony and is a danger to society if not caught. The same as most deadly physical force policys in effect in most Pd's throughout this country. I could tell you horror stories all day long of the after effects of a pursuit gone bad but we all know those stories either first hand or through are respective communities. I have never been able to fiquor out what type of Policy as in the case of California that justifies chasing someone through several counties for those prolonged periods of time. We Police agencys up in the N/E get a good laugh and just shake out heads when we turn on the tube and watch the boy's in blue in Cali do those marithon chases. I have tried to in the past pursuade our administration for a NO PURSUIT POLICY to no avail. There is a PD hear in Conn. that does have such a policy and the rest of the Country should follow. Even when I am out messing up on on one of my sport bikes and I get stopped which does happen on occassion I never pull the trump card on the Off. and take my lumps like everyone else. I am not saying that if someone recognizes me I wont take a free one, just saying that I take whats comming to me no matter what in life I do. Running is not worth it in my experience.
Good read bro.....i congrat you for taking the lump's with pride.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I ran when I was 21yrs old and If I could do it all over now that I am 40 it would be totally differant. I ran because I had 3 beers and I thought my bike could out run anything at the time back in 1986 VFR750 top speed 151mph. Well I did out run the cop, he said later in the report he was doing 120mph and I was leaving him up to a mile, but it was night and he could still follow my rear tail light. The problem was I had a girl on the back who I just meet and we were going to a dance club and I sure wanted to make that. Well to make a long story short I lost her going through an intersection that had dips on both sides, I flew over the whole intersection and lost her in mid air and landed on one wheel just past the intersection. I was glad I practiced wheelies back then because I held it down perfectly and then came to a stop because I thought I hurt the girl and was arrested for evading arrest and DUI which was latter dropped. The police at the station started calling me Evil Kanieval and were cool and the girl was unharmed and even stuck up for me and wanted a ride the next weekend, couldn't understand that after what she just went through and my lawyer got me off with an $800 fine and probation without reporting. Bottom line is I could have killed the girl and If I just stopped I could have been let go with just a speeding ticket....so not worth running. Just take your hit for the violation and go from there....NEVER RUN NOT WORTH IT!

Last edited by bluedevil; 05-07-2005 at 06:00 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If you run from the cops could you please put my name in your will?

Thanks!
post #8 of 9 Old 05-09-2005, 08:00 PM
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th
I dunno if u guyz read my story about my experiece running from the copz on the other thread but check it out.....

I have a '99 zx-9r.... And i got chased a few times by copz on the hi-way over the yearz.

The one that standz out the most iz back in sep. 2001! Me and a friend of mine were coming back from another friendz bachelar party he lives like a hour away from us. It was a nice nite! Mid-september not too cold yet! We were feeling good just got done seeing some naked chicz dancing around and shit! Friend was gettin married the next day, he ate 1 last pussy b/4 throwin in the towel. lol!!! We had fun that nite! We left late and the hi-way was open! I'm on my zx-9 friend was on his zx-7. We were top gunnin almost the whole way home. So we're like 12 miles from home base, we decide to chill out. Outta no where we see this car comming up on us fast with super white lightz. I'm lookin in my mirrorz thinkin ok it must be a Benz that seen us killin it back a few miles and now he's tryin 2 catch up so he can race us or somethin?

So we're still chillin, not in panic mode yet. Then the car got 3 or 4 car lengthz away from us. Thatz when "the man" turned on his lightz!! I was like awwwwww shit!!! My buddy on his zx7 was behind me, so the cop was more closer 2 him. I'm lookin in my mirror like what the fuck iz he "my friend" gonna do? B/c he's known 4 runnin from the copz! lol! Not me! I don't usually try my luck with them. So i'm lookin @ him he's not stoppin nor is he taking off either? I'm thinkin damn he's probably gonna run? I gotta million thoughtz runnin thru my head! I'm like fuck i'm not really up 4 this 2nite! Itz late i just wanna get home and chill out. What if i get caught? What if i wreck and get hurt badly and still have 2 go 2 jail? What if i get killed?

I had all these thoughtz! But then in a split sec. i made my descision 2 run and there was no turning back! lol!! what made up my mind was! I just thought how much that ticket was going 2 be? $$$ I was like Damn i can't afford another ticket!! So fuck it i'm out! Whatever happenz? Happenz! I'm just gonna have 2 lay in this bed i'm about 2 make! I got on it! Left the cop and my friend! I was tucked in so fuckin tight under the windscreen! It felt like i was 1 with the bike! No exaggeration! I was going soooo fast! I felt like i was on a hyabusa or some shit??? I felt like i was doing "warp speed"!! No doubt the fastest i ever been in my life!! I was hangin on 2 the bike for dear life! I didn't see shit! I had tunnel vision like "Smoke" from biker boyz. I mean i vaguely seen a few carz that i passed along the way, but for the most part i was in a zone! Everything was blurry for the most part. Scared 2 death to say the least!

I was just thinkin if 1 of these cars decide 2 switch lanes on me at this speed i was going? I was 4 sure dead! Til this day i still dunno how fast i was going? I was scared 2 look down at the speedometer. I know itz the fastest i ever been on my bike. Shit was scary as hell! When i finally made it home clear i got off the bike shaking and shit! I couldn't stop shaking, my neverz didn't settle for like 45minz later!

My buddy on the zx7 manage 2 get away too but i left him soo far behind it wasn't even funny! He met me back at my house like 3-4min later.

No doubt a memorable chase! I can sit back and laugh about it now! But in the heat of the moment nothin was funny! I'd rather chill than run.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Dude at the end of the day the cops are just lookin out for joe citizen.. don't make it easy for him to make you a mark..

nuff said..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in