Ronda Rousey got KOed last night - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Ronda Rousey got KOed last night

Anyone watch the fight last night?

Total 1 sided beat down. This is what happens when you put an elite level pro boxer in the ring with a MMA star and the MMA star tries to just strike because she gets tagged every time she rushes in to try and grapple.

Every time Rousey rushed in she got tagged with perfect timed shots by an elite level former world champion boxer. At the end of round 1 Rouseys face looked like the inside of a ripe watermelon.

At the start of the second round Rousey got tagged with a perfect left shot when she tried to rush in to grapple, then Holly Holm followed it up with an absolute perfect leg strike to the neck and Rousey was out cold.

Rousey was never in the fight, only once went to the mat for a few second but Holms escaped got back up and kept nailing Rousey with perfect hard shots. I felt sorry for Ronda. This what her face looked like lol.

I bet Dana White didn't get any last night lol. You know he has been tapping it.

Last edited by Boxtradamus; 11-15-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 12:04 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

didn't/couldn't watch but wanted to get the results once i got home from work @ 12. As the saying goes styles make contests/fights be it boxing, football, soccer, roundball etc etc. The 2 distinct styles are vastly diff even in my clueless eyes and even though i was wanting rousey to get the W it was clearly a lopsided affair due to styles.

BD

post #3 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 12:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Athlete of the year hahahahahaha, what a joke.
post #4 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 01:08 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercoupe9 View Post
Athlete of the year hahahahahaha, what a joke.
^^^from the peanut gallery.
Dino Canuck likes this.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
post #5 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 01:10 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH-FIGHTER View Post
^^^from the peanut gallery.
sadly all kinds show up.

BD

post #6 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 04:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch it last night. Had a feeling it was going to be insane. Checked YouTube and watched Sports Center highlights this morning to catch up. I think most were pretty shocked at how the fight turned out, though quite a few gave the nod to Holmes early on, she was still an underdog 14-1. She's a whole other level of striker than Rhonda is used to, and an undefeated record is bound to break at some point the longer you stay in the game. Look at Silva, Machida, and so on. That said, Rhonda also may have started looking past her a bit, which is never smart, but likely very easy to fall into when you're at the top for a while.. It's hard to say really though. At the weigh ins she was overtly emotional, especially when compared to Holley's more business like approach. It could have been that some nerves affected her mentally. Either way, Holley was obviously the better fighter last night.
I will say that Rousey is as hard of a worker as they come, and this loss is bound to light a Massive fire under her. I personally believe that she will return to take back the belt in the coming rematch, a completely reborn fighter. I don't think she will necessarily try to out strike Holley though. I think she's going to work very hard on finding techniques to nullify Holley's ability to keep her at distance, getting to the inside next time to eventually submit or ground and pound for the finish.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.

Last edited by STEALTH-FIGHTER; 11-15-2015 at 04:39 PM.
post #7 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Watched it live, I was very please with the results! Never been a Ronda fan. Miesha Tate is my girl, even if she isn't the best.

2007 zx10r black
[email protected] SWB
post #8 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 07:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Rousey looks like a female version of Shrek.. She is manly and ugly. sorry fans

“Ride like you are invisible.”
post #9 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 08:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
Watched it live, I was very please with the results! Never been a Ronda fan. Miesha Tate is my girl, even if she isn't the best.
I like Miesha too. Great fighter, very driven and pretty sexy too.
I've been back and forth on Rhonda, as a person I mean. She's abrasive for sure, but she's also one hell of a competitor. She lives to win. I have alot of respect for her as a fighter.
Side note: it would've been great to see her fight with Cat go the distance. That was a bit of a fluke I think. Maybe not. Cat should've been more patient too. I think that would have been a war. Would be very cool to see a rematch there as well. Got lots of respect to for Cat too.
Millhouse likes this.

What is best in life?..
post #10 of 40 Old 11-15-2015, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
Rousey looks like a female version of Shrek.. She is manly and ugly. sorry fans
If you feel that way about Ronda, I would hate to hear your opinion on Cyborg. That Cyborg is one ugly woman IMHO.

I think Ronda is a little rough around the edges but still gorgeous. Beautiful legs, but so does Meisha Tate. After those 2, its downhill fast.

It seems like with the Woman MMA fighters they need good skill and craft and good looks to be a superstar, but the men only need the good skills and craft.

Women would have never been in the UFC without Ronda.

Ronda may never come back, Gena Corano never did. Time will tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in