Ron Paul in the republican debate... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ron Paul in the republican debate...

I like this guy...He's for eliminating the irs, against soviet style national ID cards (yup, got snuck in with another bill and became law and will be mandatory if not repealled), against total surveillance, and against big government....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLLbs76hsc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I liked watching that clip from Youtube. Ron Paul seems right on. One of my buds likes Dennis Kucinich, I'll have to forward the vid. to him.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-05-2007, 09:15 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

We've known about him for a long time down here. I don't think he has much chance to be elected for several reasons.
1) He has ideas that are core to his being, aka leadership. Seems like most "politician" are poll driven and believe in being elected.
2) He is a virtual unknown in America.
3) He is not supported by the Republican Party. IMO their lose. Nominally he is a Republican and is listed so in the House of Representative, but he historically was and still is a Libertarian.
4) He is a constructionist when considering new laws. In other words, if it isn't in the Constitution, he won't vote to "invent" it into the Constitution.
5) He doesn't have "good hair".

After the debates on MSNBC, at least 60 more people know who he is (out of the total 75 people who tuned into the debates). MSNBC ran a poll, in which Paul won by a total of 43%, beating second place by 5% (from his campaign website). I checked the results from the MSNBC online poll and it seems to indicate that Paul is the winner, although it is an ongoing poll.
Besides, he might get the gay vote with them thinking they are voting for RuPaul.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in