Roebling road? Savanah?tips? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-20-2010, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Roebling road? Savanah?tips?

Will be going down to Savanah on the 25th,Wondering where would be the best place to stay?I have googled and googled and the closest hotel/lodging is in pooler ga.Just wonderin where u guys stay when u go to this track,if anyone? lol. Also, any track tips would be greatly appreciated lol.

05' magma red 10
Yoshi c/f-TRS,GPR stabilizer,K&N,Galfer Lines f/r,Shogun Crash Kit,Mich 2CT PP's,+3 rear,DID Gold, misc.
07' ZX6R (work in progress)
2cts,-1+2,polished lips,little by little
95' Supercharged Z28 (sold)
"jus a lil ol LT1 Car"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNZX10 View Post
Will be going down to Savanah on the 25th,Wondering where would be the best place to stay?I have googled and googled and the closest hotel/lodging is in pooler ga.Just wonderin where u guys stay when u go to this track,if anyone? lol. Also, any track tips would be greatly appreciated lol.
Pooler is your only choice for lodging, unless you don't mind a 15 minute drive. In that case, I would try to stay downtown. City market is nice area, tourist like River St. It's a little too touristy for me.

Roebling is not the best track in the world, but fun all the same. It's a pretty laid back track, at least when I have been. Turn 1 is exciting after the long straight, and can be taken pretty fast. There are some rough sections on the back side, but the lines are fairly easy.

Have fun!! I don't think I am going to be in town or I would come check you out. Let me know if you have any specific questions about Savannah.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
HST

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" HST
post #3 of 10 Old 07-20-2010, 07:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I guess you will be running WERA that weekend. What group? Roebling road is fun and fast. Beware of turn 1, everybody comes in real hot and tries to take it as a single apex. Then you are running out of track on your left by the second apex. Other than that, it's nice and predictable.

I think you will have alot of fun. I live locally so I can't recommend a hotel, but Pooler is pretty safe and clean. You should be fine at any nearby hotel. Downtown Savannah...not so much if you're hauling a bike.

Ride like you pay a mortgage...
post #4 of 10 Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks!! i will be haulin 2 bikes on an open trailer ,so just dont want to end up havin to stay in the (high crime part of town)...lol Btw, im not runnin any class, this is my first time on the track,im a newwwwwwbie.lol iv ridden all my life, but never had the time or cash to go track dayin..i live jus about an hour from the gap, and less than that to devils triangle,so never had the real hankerin to go to the track,iv always done my thang on the street..i let my bud talk me into this...i'm game thoThanks for all your guys help!!i guess ill stay @ the holiday inn...?

05' magma red 10
Yoshi c/f-TRS,GPR stabilizer,K&N,Galfer Lines f/r,Shogun Crash Kit,Mich 2CT PP's,+3 rear,DID Gold, misc.
"jus a lil ol LT1 Car"

Last edited by TNZX10; 07-21-2010 at 02:10 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

just stay in pooler to make the morning of trackday less hectic. the track itself is fun. you will destroy the right side of your tire. it's a very good track to learn the front tire since almost all the turns are of decreasing radii.
have fun
post #6 of 10 Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhuba View Post
You should be fine at any nearby hotel. Downtown Savannah...not so much if you're hauling a bike.
what do you mean by this? lol traffic? crime?i will not be running around pulling a trailer,just want my bike to still be on the trailor come morning......i have alarm, locks, all that stuff but.........well u know what i mean

05' magma red 10
"jus a lil ol LT1 Car"

Last edited by TNZX10; 07-22-2010 at 12:55 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-22-2010, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueninja View Post
just stay in pooler to make the morning of trackday less hectic.
thats what im gunna do, damn 7 am track breifing is early!!

05' magma red 10
"jus a lil ol LT1 Car"
post #8 of 10 Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Food? what about food? nuns,cohuba, yall r local ,whats the best place to eat down there?give me sum names of sum goood shacks to fill the empty belly!!

05' magma red 10
"jus a lil ol LT1 Car"
post #9 of 10 Old 07-22-2010, 12:55 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNZX10 View Post
what do you mean by this? lol traffic? crime?i will not be running around pulling a trailor,just want my bike to still be on the trailor come morning......i have alarm, locks, all that stuff but.........well u know what i mean
It's more of a party area. There are a lot more people, and not much parking. The only off street parking will be in the garage of the nicer hotels. There are many places that a bike would be safe. They are right about more crime, but that is all relative. I have had my bike down there countless times and have never had an issue. Thats parked on the street too. You would definitely be 20 minutes from the track though. Some of the streets are one way, and there are some roundabouts, but a bike trailer could go about anywhere. There is no fun to be had in Pooler, but Savannah on the other hand....

If you stay in Savannah, look towards the market district. Still walking distance from River St, but easier access and less traffic. I would recommend the Spring Hill Suites. They are recently redone and super pimp.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
HST

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" HST
post #10 of 10 Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abusfullofnuns View Post

If you stay in Savannah, look towards the market district. Still walking distance from River St, but easier access and less traffic. I would recommend the Spring Hill Suites. They are recently redone and super pimp.
Just made my rezzies @ spring hill suites, 150 Montgomery Street?it says its in the historic part of town i think? was this a good choice? i figure get closer to town so the mrs. can go do a lil shopping, while im @ the track.Also they said they have security and indoor parking, even told em i have a m/c trailer,they said they could handle it to. so i was sold!.now only bitch is, my trailer is a 14ft'erwhen i figure out if i like the track thing,i'll buy a little enclosed..but ill probably wish i bought it early.THanks everyone for the advise!!!

05' magma red 10
"jus a lil ol LT1 Car"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in