Riding a bicycle. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to fordfasterr
Riding a bicycle.

I just want to vent here for a bit... I hope someone understands.

I get honked at, buzzed, cut off, yelled at, cursed at, given the finger, brake checked, revved at ... almost daily when I ride my bicycle. People are just really mean.

What makes people think that they have more of a right to go from point A to point B than I do just because they are in a car ?

I fuxing hate cagers.

I know its wrong, but sometimes i wish some of the mean ones would get in a fiery wreck and burn to death !

AIM = fordfaster - 2004 CBR 600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Sounds good to me! I'll bring the marshmallows.
post #3 of 37 Old 10-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Even worse when they don't recognize or respect a bicycle lane.

Reminds me of the old Goofy, Disney cartoon. Probably saw it in a driver's ed course or driving school for ticket.

from amazon:

Motor Mania
Directors: Jack Kinney
Theatrical Release Date: June 30, 1950
Genres: Family, Animation, Short

Plot Outline Mild-mannered average guy Mr. Walker (Goofy) turns into violent Mr. Wheeler when he starts driving. Back on his feet, Mr. Walker finds it nearly impossible to cross the street.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #4 of 37 Old 10-26-2006, 10:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
[QUOTE=fordfasterr I know its wrong, but sometimes i wish some of the mean ones would get in a fiery wreck and burn to death ![/QUOTE]

I never say sh*t like that, just out of fear of karma.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #5 of 37 Old 10-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd say the average traffic asshole is more inconsiderate than mean to bicyclists. I'm a regular bicycle commuter (to/from downtown DC) who purposely works early hours so as to avoid heavy traffic as much as possible. In my experience, folks just seem to be more selfish/self-absorbed/thoughtless than cruel or otherwise malicious. Not to say there aren't a few really bad apples out there . . . being hidden within two tons of steel can definitely tend to exacerbate the aggressive tendencies of the average, everyday jerk.

You have my sympathies!
post #6 of 37 Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to fordfasterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dude
. . . . being hidden within two tons of steel can definitely tend to exacerbate the aggressive tendencies of the average, everyday jerk.

You have my sympathies!
Agreed, and thanks.

I got cursed at today by a dude in a big pickup truck ... lol He said something of " what the f_k are you doing ? " ...

Apparently the idea of another person using a bicycle on the road is impossible to comprehend and can only be solved by yelling and cursing at people...

AIM = fordfaster - 2004 CBR 600RR
post #7 of 37 Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

I firmly believe that in order to get a driver's license, it should be a requirement to spend two weeks riding something with two wheels (powered or not) and to spend two weeks in the cab of a transport truck.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #8 of 37 Old 10-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I think people should be required to have a driver's license to ride a bicycle on the road. No offense, but around here, cyclists want to be treated like every other car on the road but then run red lights, pass every car in a line on the shoulder, drive down the sidewalk, cut across parking lots, etc. with no repercussions. If i tried half of what they do with a motorcycle even, the cops would run out of tickets.

But I have done a thousand dreadful things,
As willingly as one would kill a fly,
And nothing grieves me heartily indeed,
But that I cannot do ten thousand more.
-Titus Andronicus
NESBA #78
post #9 of 37 Old 10-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

You're absolutely right about a lot of cyclists thinking the traffic laws don't apply to them. Goes both ways.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #10 of 37 Old 10-27-2006, 11:11 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLanders
I think people should be required to have a driver's license to ride a bicycle on the road. No offense, but around here, cyclists want to be treated like every other car on the road but then run red lights, pass every car in a line on the shoulder, drive down the sidewalk, cut across parking lots, etc. with no repercussions. If i tried half of what they do with a motorcycle even, the cops would run out of tickets.
I hate it when bicycle riders think that they are cars and act like that. I also ride a bicycle sometimes but I act accordingly stay away from cars' way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in