Riders in ATL Boycotting Atlantic Station... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
Riders in ATL Boycotting Atlantic Station...

What a shame...some decent restaurants down there. There's a boycott forming in the Atlanta area...including boycotting the Pro Volleyball tour held there...I'm not usually the boycott type...especially when it's something I like...but I'm in on this.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1

- Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

I am on both sides of this....

If the motorcycle rider is being mindfull and respectfull, then they should be allowed to go where ever... And park where ever...

Now if they have a loud exhaust and are revving the snot out of it... "Look at me" I know I wouldn't want to listen to it either while I am outside shopping or trying to eat. :headshake

Chris

post #3 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 10:57 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to JOSHUAZX10
yea, too many squids lookin' for attention ruin it for the rest of us...
post #4 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
I agree whole heartedly...the squids on bike nights STILL make me cringe after all these years (could be why I rarely go) ...but along that train of thought there are dumb asses in SALEEN Mustangs (and no, I'm not saying if you own a muscle car you're automatically a dumb ass) and such that pull the same crap...burnouts...drag racing...loud pipes...does that mean that they should ban people who drive cars? There are a lot of professional types (yours truly included) in Atlanta that ride and they are alienating a portion of their customer base...I'd have to venture a guess and say that they did little or no research on just how many yuppies with disposable income in the area ride. Most of the people I ride with make six figures plus and blow money on things like eating out as if it were water...

not a smart business move...surely if no one who rides ever frequented Atlantic Station again it wouldn't sink them, but it wouldn't be good for their bottom line either...Atlanta is a city where there are lots and lots of great places to eat and shop...and the money will find it's way to retailers who don't care what type of vehicle their patrons arrive in/on.

- Doc

Last edited by wicked; 05-15-2008 at 11:11 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I hear my right wing friends saying that we don't need more gun laws, just enforce the laws we have. Here's a case where I agree. Enforce the laws we have. Wheelie guys and $ 300.00 tire burnouts don't seem to happen much where I go. What does happen are the harley idiots with straight pipes loud as drag racers constantly reving their engines. Stop people as they enter the area and check their sound levels. If they are over the allowed limit, ticket them. This would generate money, allow motorcycles in general and make a dent in the "loud bikes save lives" garbage heads wallets. Video the whole operation so we're sure no one group is being singled out.

post #6 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
its the bad onces that are giving you guys the bad names down there...its just like cops...a few bad ones give them all a bad name...i am undecided on my opionion of this since i am not from there...i can understand though of people who bounce off the rev limiter and stuff like that how that is annoying..

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
post #7 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I am in ATL for work until Tuesday...any bike nights or anything going on? BTW vid is not working right now so I couldn't check it out.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
decent one tonight at the Vortex in Little 5 Points...dunno how many will show...weather is shit

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/

- Doc
post #9 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

That's what I think about the atlantic station officials. I am definately not a squid, and understand the problems of loitering and loud unrulely behavior they cause, but people in vehicles do the same. From loud pipes as well, and extremely loud sound systems. All they had to do was put up signs saying anyone loitering or breaking the noise ordinance would be ticketed. That would have been plenty. But to punish people who don't cause trouble and may only have a motorcycle for transportation. That's just rediculous.

But who really gives a damn! If you live in metro ATL you know as well as I do that there are hundreds of places to get great food and definately to shop. Atlantic station is gay anyways. This was just a reason to keep their little "Atlantic Station City" the way they want it. Lets face it motorcycles just don't fit into the script of the Atlantic Station. That place is just some wierd unrealistic perfect little "town" like some goofy "Truman Show" movie or "Pleasantville"! So who the hell cares! Let them have their little perfect place where they are allowed to ban groups of people without punishing those truely responsible.

"In the end, the only ones that fail are those who do not try"
post #10 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc95 View Post
That's what I think about the atlantic station officials. I am definately not a squid, and understand the problems of loitering and loud unrulely behavior they cause, but people in vehicles do the same. From loud pipes as well, and extremely loud sound systems. All they had to do was put up signs saying anyone loitering or breaking the noise ordinance would be ticketed. That would have been plenty. But to punish people who don't cause trouble and may only have a motorcycle for transportation. That's just rediculous.

But who really gives a damn! If you live in metro ATL you know as well as I do that there are hundreds of places to get great food and definately to shop. Atlantic station is gay anyways. This was just a reason to keep their little "Atlantic Station City" the way they want it. Lets face it motorcycles just don't fit into the script of the Atlantic Station. That place is just some wierd unrealistic perfect little "town" like some goofy "Truman Show" movie or "Pleasantville"! So who the hell cares! Let them have their little perfect place where they are allowed to ban groups of people without punishing those truely responsible.

- Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in