Religious help question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Religious help question

Hey guys, well I have a question to ask you guys.

Now this did not happen to me and I'm looking for an answer to this question based upon a religious point of view.

IF you were COMPLETELY religious, and you did everything your religion told you to do and you praised god every single day .... IF you were walking down the street and you found $1,600 dollars in the street in the form that you would get from the bank meaning had a money band on it, what would you do?

Basically this happened to a friend of mine who recently became a jesus freak, every single day she quotes the bible about being good and so on. I myself do not follow any religions right now but was brought up Catholic and I have a good understanding of the religion.

In my views if you were seriously a person who is praising god so much dont you think you wouldnt be GREEDY and turn the money in to the police and do the "supposed right thing to to"

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Keep in mind I'm asking this from people on here who are either religious or have studied religion and so on.

I myself would have kept it and I'll admit it, it just baffels me that someone that is so wrapped up in god and jesus can bluntly pass this off as not being a sin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Pimp/Player

Posting Frequency

I would keep the money.But I think that if a COMPLETELY True religious person was to find it they would turn it in,cuz they know it was the right thing to do.Religious people are always being watched and in this case that religious person could do the right thing and turn it in and from doing that lead more people to follow,and to not turn it in would be to show people that your not true and that would lead people away.

post #3 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i would first take the bag home and check for marked bills, next burn those marked bills, deposit the total in intervals of 500 every two weeks not to make anyone suspicious, and lastly pay my student loan.

Florida has a poor job market! :headshake
post #4 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped10R View Post
I would keep the money.But I think that if a COMPLETELY True religious person was to find it they would turn it in,cuz they know it was the right thing to do.Religious people are always being watched and in this case that religious person could do the right thing and turn it in and from doing that lead more people to follow,and to not turn it in would be to show people that your not true and that would lead people away.
I completely agree!

I'm just trying to figure out how someone like this justify keeping the money when they are COMPLETELY religious....

Thanks for the input, lets see what others say!
post #5 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLTD View Post
i would first take the bag home and check for marked bills, next burn those marked bills, deposit the total in intervals of 500 every two weeks not to make anyone suspicious, and lastly pay my student loan.
lol I would to man......

but I'm trying to get answers from a Very religious stand point bud
post #6 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't even think the question of "would you turn it in" should even be associated with being a religious person. Just because someone is religious, doesn't mean they don't struggle with the same desires as someone who isn't. They just have better means of less selfish decision making. As for religious people "being watched", that's just retarded. All people are being watched. By God, peers, coworkers, children, family, Etc.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #7 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonick8503 View Post
I don't even think the question of "would you turn it in" should even be associated with being a religious person. Just because someone is religious, doesn't mean they don't struggle with the same desires as someone who isn't. They just have better means of less selfish decision making. As for religious people "being watched", that's just retarded. All people are being watched. By God, peers, coworkers, children, family, Etc.
I appreciate the input

but see, in church they tell you not to be greedy and to be an honest person. The money is not yours ya know so this is where I'm hung up on how someone who praises god, someone who quit drinking any alcohol, smoking, going out, swearing anything and just solely follows the path of god will take care of everything doesn't this contradict you being a good person.

When you find money like that your supposed to turn it into the police, that is the "right" thing to do, how does this not follow into being a "good" person?
post #8 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

oh man, can open, worms everywhere.

1. Is it possible to locate the proper owner, such as a routing slip or bank bag with some kind of identification (deposit slip, or with drawl recipt) something that will identify the proper owner... even if that means you turn it over to someone else such as the bank or other authorities.... then that is what should be done... if it's possible to get it back to the proper owner, that is the christian thing to do.

2. Completely unable to identify where it came from. We receive all kinds of gifts from God. Tithe the approperate amount and the rest is a gift.

now understand that it is upon the conscience of the person to have exhausted all methods of finding the rightful owner. Hyprocracy is rife in the religious community but it all boils down to ones conscience... Is this something that you will be able to defend infront of your God?

but a gift from God is a gift, we are to accept it and use it properly. It is more difficult for a rich man to follow God, but not impossible. Poor does not = godly, poor just = poor. Plenty of poor unfaithful. It's just that the rich man has a master on earth (money) and a heavenly master... and it is nearly impossible to follow two masters. However there are many "rich" people who have are doing Gods work with the resources they have, given to them from Him... So just because you have money doesn't make you "greedy" or unfaithful.

Finally, be careful to judge, least you be judged... Your friend sounds like a "thumper", you can't force someone to believe, people who try foist religeon on poeple drive more people away from Faith then the devil himself. The fire that burns the hottest, usually burns the shortest as well.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #9 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

There's no free lunch, karma is a bitch....the police/banks have a policy that the money can be returned to the finder after a period of time, if it isn't claimed.....

post #10 of 31 Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Pimp/Player

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonick8503 View Post
Yeah where all being watched,but claiming to be a religious person you are being watched even more cuz you are the one like i said that sets to example,do the right thing and makes people want to come closer and do the wrong thing and that makes people go farther.Like this girl if she turns the money in people that are trying to find the way will want to come to her for help alone the way cuz they see that she is walking the right path.

Last edited by Ripped10R; 09-11-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in