just passing this along, although its been out for some time. it affects us all at some time or another.
SENATE BILL 1359, RED LIGHT EXCEPTION for Motorcycles
Amends G.S. 20-158 to allow a motorcycle to proceed through an intersection controlled by a signal if:
1. The motorcycle came to a complete stop for the redlight;
2. The intersection is controlled by a vehicle actuated traffic signal using an inductive loop to activate the traffic signal;
3. No other vehicle that was entitled to the right of way was sitting at, traveling through or approaching the intersection;
4. No pedestrian was attempting to cross at or near the intersection; and
5. The motorcycle operator waited at least 3 minutes before entering the intersection.
Effective: Decembeer 1,2007
"There is always time to think about what you want to do,
Until it comes time to start doing what you were meant to do."
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.~unknown~
"The true test of a mans character is how he treats someone, from whom he has nothing to gain"
"It's the things that people don't know about themselves on the inside, that make them afraid"