Rc helicopters - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

Rc helicopters

My dad for my birthday bought me a rc helicopter which was quite a surprise. I borrowed my buddy's small coaxial heli which I had fun with and I obviously just put 2 and 2 together. He bought me a fixed pitch blade 120sr which I'm very happy with as it's just what I need and quite versatile for my skill being semi indoor and outdoor.

I'm still very much a novice and am trying to build my dexterity with simple exercises like, take off, hover, rotate, move straight say 10 feet, hover, land. Getting use to orientation is the most difficult thing.

I plan on going bigger/better later and just wondering if other people here are into rc helis and can offer some advice for skill building and what there using.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg0987 View Post
My dad for my birthday bought me a rc helicopter which was quite a surprise. I borrowed my buddy's small coaxial heli which I had fun with and I obviously just put 2 and 2 together. He bought me a fixed pitch blade 120sr which I'm very happy with as it's just what I need and quite versatile for my skill being semi indoor and outdoor.

I'm still very much a novice and am trying to build my dexterity with simple exercises like, take off, hover, rotate, move straight say 10 feet, hover, land. Getting use to orientation is the most difficult thing.

I plan on going bigger/better later and just wondering if other people here are into rc helis and can offer some advice for skill building and what there using.
I haven't flown for a while but simulators are great and much cheaper than breaking parts.
Bigger helis are easier but more intimidating. Blade 400 or I think now 450 are good for the price and parts availability.

A good source of all types of info is helifreak.com

This is good info too.
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #3 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought a $39 Fry's copter and it was the most fun ever Then I bought $125 it's at my shop and I tried for a week here and there been in the box ever since.I'm sticking with my mini-zs and 10th scale trucks

Been a year maybe I'll try again

2011 zx10r
Ducati 996
post #4 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
GEN II Driver

Posting Frequency

realflight software, crashing on your computer is free..........

MDCCLXXV
post #5 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

This flight sim isn't bad for the price and can even run on a laptop without dedicated video card.
http://rcflightsim.com/
You can go on ebay and get this just for the controller and it's still cheaper than realflight.
Realflight is awesome if your computer can handle it though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6CH-USB-3D-R...item3f0e8313fa

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

post #6 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
I have Realflight G5 and I fly mostly electric 48" 3D planes but I havent been flying since its to hot...

Just 2 days ago I picked up this... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Protocol...pter&cp=1&lp=5

Its pretty awesome I gotta say, much better than the cheapo brookstone heli's

I get about 7-10 mins of fly time with an hour charge and it even has a USB cord so you can plug it into your PC to charge.

Since the blades spin both ways it will pretty much hover all by its self.... well worth the $40.00 to piss my cat off lol...

I think you can get the same model off ebay for probably 20 buckjs... (going to ebay search them now) but I wanted mine ASAP so went ot best buy and bought it.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Ebay search the "Syma S107G" heli's thats what I was talking about.

Here it is $25.50 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Syma-S10...em25 67b3adf7

I think a forum member recommend it to me before but I never got one....
post #8 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
LOL..ment to offer the lil bit of rc info i have and ended up on you tube watchin rc jets..lol...Have you ever tried(op)bannahobby.com They sell kits galorrrrrr but i noticed that they also sell a rc sim to..Just hook up your rc transmitter thingy to your pc with usb and load up the sim and practice..$35 i think..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

I would stay away from bannahobby, I have heard nothing but bad things from them! Unless your buying a dinky lil toy that you know is a POS to beat up I wouldn't spend much money with them, a lot of their kits are all off brand Chinese and aren't put together well.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Coaxial helis are fun but don't really prepare you much for collective pitch helis.
The SR120 is a pretty good step in the direction of CP helis though.

As for the "toy" helis, co axial, the cool thing about the little ones at Brookstone is that you can buy an extended warranty on and they will replace it WHEN you break the heli. Never had one of those but heard them saying that one day at brookstone and thought that was pretty cool.

The good thing about the better helis, like the SR120 or even co axial Blade helis is that you can have multiple batteries and swap them out and keep flying rather than having to charge in the heli and wait to fly. Blade is the newer name of Eflite helis BTW, they dropped the eflite name from their heli lineup.

I still have a TRex 250, Blade MSR and a slightly modded Blade 400. Flew the gopro on the blade 400.

Anyone wanting to start from scratch should go with a Blade MCX, co ax. They take a beating and are easy to fly- indoors only though, a slight breeze can send them off.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 10-02-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in