RANT Shooting in omaha - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

RANT Shooting in omaha

I just don't get some people. Right in the middle of fucking downtown Omaha during the CWS who the hell shoots a guy SIX times, I heard once in the head and five more in the chest, right infront of huge crowds and just as bars got out so there's a ton of people roaming around AND during the CWS.

I was less then a block away from it heard all the shots and I just don't understand what would drive someone to do this. I can't imagine after that people will want to bring their families downtown, im sure its pushing away alot of people from the CWS. Not to mention during the taste of omaha not to long ago there was a shooting downtown aswell.

Omaha isn't even a big city and it's relatively safe in comparison that's why people live here because it's safe. The midwest sucks balls. Are we not even safe roaming around anymore really, there is like a cop every single block downtown probably even more so with all the extra people. I am amazed nobody fired back but just firing amongst so many people it's a miracle nobody else got shot aswell.

Personally I think it's time I go get a permit and start to carry like most of the people I ride with because evidently you're never safe. But what gets me the most is now a dad is without is fucking son at the very start of fathers day. I don't have kids or anything but that has torn me apart all frickin day.

Just had to let off some steam on that one I just can't grasp wtf is happening to society. People are out protecting our country and we're shooting ourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn999 View Post
I just don't get some people. Right in the middle of fucking downtown Omaha during the CWS who the hell shoots a guy SIX times, I heard once in the head and five more in the chest, right infront of huge crowds and just as bars got out so there's a ton of people roaming around AND during the CWS.

I was less then a block away from it heard all the shots and I just don't understand what would drive someone to do this. I can't imagine after that people will want to bring their families downtown, im sure its pushing away alot of people from the CWS. Not to mention during the taste of omaha not to long ago there was a shooting downtown aswell.

Omaha isn't even a big city and it's relatively safe in comparison that's why people live here because it's safe. The midwest sucks balls. Are we not even safe roaming around anymore really, there is like a cop every single block downtown probably even more so with all the extra people. I am amazed nobody fired back but just firing amongst so many people it's a miracle nobody else got shot aswell.

Personally I think it's time I go get a permit and start to carry like most of the people I ride with because evidently you're never safe. But what gets me the most is now a dad is without is fucking son at the very start of fathers day. I don't have kids or anything but that has torn me apart all frickin day.

Just had to let off some steam on that one I just can't grasp wtf is happening to society. People are out protecting our country and we're shooting ourselves.
Events like these give me reason to support the death penalty. And yes the world is fucked up and seems to get worse every day. Scary that we have a president who wants to sneak the second amendment away from us.

post #3 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea there will always be guns no matter what but we need to protect ourselves. Why would someone want to take that away from us.

A bunch of the guys I ride with were just coming back from being near that area too which is even scarier.

The funny thing about guns here is Nebraska you can open carry without a permit, but Omaha has an ordinance saying you need a permit. I've been told by cops from other cities that technically if they were to give a person a ticket or whatever for open carrying in Omaha you can fight it and will win because city cant override state. But they will give you so much trouble it isn't even worth it.

I have to find time around my shitty work schedule to get into a class to carry but I plan on doing it very soon after this and before that some people threatening to pull a gun on us aswell when we were just sitting talking and had been for a while.
post #4 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Yep, crazy world man. Only in this country and 3rd world countries are there as many shootings annually. That makes you think just how civilized we are. Or are not.
What is CWS anyways there?

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #5 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

College world series! Been hosted in Omaha for a while and they just built a stadium downtown for the cws. Just crazy that shit happens in a huge crowd. I mean in secluded places drive by a house shit like that sure whatever but in middle of down town with hundreds of people, miracle nobody else got hit because it easily coulda happened.

Last edited by Johnn999; 06-18-2012 at 03:58 AM.
post #6 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Same type of thing happened in OKC a few weeks ago. All year they always the Thunder Basketball games on the jumbo on the side of the stadium, and thousands of people come to "Thunder alley" to watch the games, and during the 2nd round of the playoffs, when we were playing LA at home, some 16 year old kid shot and killed someone right after the game..... Now guess what??? They don't show the games outside anymore, because some PRICK 16 year old wanna be gangster had to prove he was all bad and ruined it for the whole city! Makes me mad!

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #7 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcullen View Post
Same type of thing happened in OKC a few weeks ago. All year they always the Thunder Basketball games on the jumbo on the side of the stadium, and thousands of people come to "Thunder alley" to watch the games, and during the 2nd round of the playoffs, when we were playing LA at home, some 16 year old kid shot and killed someone right after the game..... Now guess what??? They don't show the games outside anymore, because some PRICK 16 year old wanna be gangster had to prove he was all bad and ruined it for the whole city! Makes me mad!
Yep. a 16yr old pussy that can't throw down used a gun for fear of getting into a fist fight.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #8 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm all for fair fighting and all that good stuff. I hate seeing people wrestle in fights I think a fight should be standup kick boxing rather then a grapple match. Let alone bring weapons into it. But any more these days you gotta be safe. Recently a lot of people have been trying to wreck us aswell while riding.

I wonder if they will keep the CWS here. I mean yea it's one incident but it's still a major deal. The guy that got killed was a 19 y.o omaha kid and they didn't have anything on the shooter. But it just makes it a place you wouldn't wanna bring your family. I don't have kids or anything but even at 21 I feel im to old to risk stupid shit like that. No point in risking your life over a stupid ass fight.
post #9 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Personally I stay far away from large crowds like that for many reasons. Mob mentality is one reason. I know parents want take kids to sporting events and all but with all the drunks and a-holes gotta ask yourself is it REALLY a place you wanna take your kids too. Jam thousands of drunks and morons into one small area and bad things are bound to happen.
Can't eliminate dumb and some idiots are just dumb. A shame people have to think twice if its an event their kids will be safe at.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #10 of 23 Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I think it's Texas that has the rule. If you murder someone and if there are 4 or more witnesses that it's automatic death penalty. I grew up in Rockford IL which has been consistently in the top rated worst cities in the US for violent crimes per capita. I got out of there back in 04 and I hear more and more horror stories every week from friends on Facebook. Things like two cars were driving down 11th street shooting at each other some 14-15 shell casing we're found and there was only one call to the police about it and it happened at like 230 in the afternoon. Violent crimes are not going to decrease unsless the public is willing to speak out about it and notify the police and stop trying to ignore what's going on around them. My dad was a cop in that area for 30 years and I have heard some horror stories of just how low people can be. He served court papers for the last 6-7 years there and had people sick their dog on him. There was times that Mom was scared to answer the phone in fear that something had happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in