RANT Bought car today already broke - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

RANT Bought car today already broke

So I got like 3 hours of sleep, woke up 730 in the morning to go buy myself an 01 z06. Only like an hour away, my ride took their time so I got there maybe 10am. Was gone by id say 11am and on my way home. Came home went to bed at bout 12:30 got up n left for work ~2pm. Everything was fine and dandee then, but after work the car fucked up JUST outside the parking lot. Couldn't shift and clutch pedal would just stick to the floor when I pushed it all the way in. Pulled over and what do you know all my clutch fluid on the ground! Looks like a line or something may of busted iunno for sure tho.

I got the car from a used car lot so imma call them in the morning pretty pissed and try to make them fix the damn thing considering I just overpayed for the car anyways and it's already fucking broke.

I asked about warranty or if shit fucks up after leaving do they cover it and the guy said yes aslong as it's not from me destroying the car basically they will. I am going to assume that as a verbal contract with my mom as a witness and hopefully he will get that shit fixed tomorrow or ill tell him he can take it back I don't want it anymore.

The agony of being a 21 year old having a c5 z06 sitting in my drive way that I just bought yet I can't drive... it's gunna kill me. Sure I have a gen4 zx10r but fml!

Sorry im just going crazy right now... Lost all motivation to do anything after having this shit happen just after work. Just cant believe it's already broken less then 24 hours later and only maybe 2 hours or less of driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

to be honest you should of expected to put money into it .. its a corvette. there fast and cheap. owned 1 and my father owned 2. then again it could just be the slave cylinder or something stupid.

i hope you didnt buy it as your daily, a corvette as a daily means you should have another rare sports car to wipe your ass with.

By all rights they should fix it. unless its some cheesy run down place then good luck on that verbal contract.

i hope things work out ive been looking at them also. but for the price difference i think ill just keep saving for a c6.

post #3 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The car is BONE stock, the only mod is shifter and tinted windows lol. It is a nice car I am in love with it just like my bike. I really hope it is something stupid easy and quick to repair.

I have a piece of shit car that was my daily, gunna use it as a winter beater, but evidently ill have to daily it a few more times.

It is a pretty small used car lot but that being said the shit still broke within 24 hours.

I wouldn't mind a c6 either they are nice.
post #4 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 02:44 AM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

Are you financing your bike and car?

post #5 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yessir I am. Probably financing more then I should tho...
post #6 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 AM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

ya rule of thumb is never max out or ever go past 50% to leave room for potential problems. Unless it's a risk to make more money. I hope things work out.

post #7 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

it's a pretty easy fix lol.................they shouldn't cover it because you overpaid for the car, I call that.............. you already know lol. They should cover whatever breaks on it just because it's the right thing to do for them.
post #8 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

most small dealerships, near me anyway, offer at least a 90 day warranty on used cars. if thats the case for you then hopefully it covers that. If it comes to it, you might be able to use the lemon law...im no lawyer and im not 100% familiar with the law but it might help.

i gotz a moturbike. it sounds like dis.....WWWAAHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
post #9 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Coming from the owner of an 08 C6, even if it's a line, it won't be cheap. You can't get to the connections to the slave without removing the torque tube, transmission, and rear end. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back on their word once they see what it takes - hope they man up though.

That being said, if you end up doing the work, now is a perfect time to throw a Tick master cylinder in! Got mine in a few months ago and I love it

Edit: Forgot to add, if it was the slave that went and you notice lots of fluid on the ground, expect to replace the clutch as well. Once fluid contaminates it, there isn't much you can do to save it.
post #10 of 29 Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

I feel your pain bro...!
bought a supposing good motor foe my bike after numerous problems that I fixed, finally took it out and the bitch drops a valve.... Hope u get it worked out man..

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in