Ran into a Jerk tonight... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 08-31-2005, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ran into a Jerk tonight...

OK Guys... Here is a story to end all...

So me (10r) and my friend (GSXR 600) are on our way to the Mall in Grand Rapids... A normal trip to grab some chinese... On our way we take the highway. We are cruising minding our own business (really) and I check my rear view and there is a blue Lumina right on my butt... I didn't see him until he was right behind me... He must of been doing a hundred to come up behind us. So my friend takes off and I change lanes and take her up to 115 and said see ya... We come up on our exit about a minute or two later.. Slowing down for the off ramp... Here is the wacked out part... This Lumina pulls up beside my friend and throws a two liter at him.. Orange pop... A Full Two Liter. I saw the whole thing.. Say the guy reach down and toss it at him. He missed thankfully, but I pulled up to my friend and said "what the heck was that". Asked him if he did anything or what happened.. Nothing, Nothing at all... That guy could have killed him... What is up with people....

2007 Suzuki SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

About 10 years ago, I was on my CB750 nighthawk minding my own business, when a carload of guys pulled up beside me and was yelling that my rear tire was flat. Obviously I could tell that it wasn't so I took off. They chased me for about 2 miles. I kept it redlined until I couldn't see their headlights anymore. If I would have stopped, no telling what those guys would have done to me.
Just gota watch out for idiots like that.

Confucius say,"Man with hand in pocket feels cocky."
post #3 of 16 Old 08-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

On new years eve years ago here we were in my buddies Iroc Z on way home.
Car pulls up next to us, I look over and his passenger throws a half full bud can at me.
I ducked it (reflex) without thinking and it hit my friend who was driving.

My friend asks me if I did anything to have that happen, said nope.

Before I knew it my buddy does a bit of a reverse pit maneuver to the kid.
Puts the guys fender into our passenger door with a quick steering input.
Knocked the other car of the road, onto sidewalk and into a streetlight on US1.

I was shocked and pretty impressed. The door just looked like it took a good kick.

Guys were getting out of car as we kept driving at about 45mph.

P.S.- Last I heard, the guy who drove the Iroc lives in Vegas and works in "collections."

Be careful out there.
post #4 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Dunno....I used to ride in Boston and Providence an awful lot. Tons of angry drivers there that'll do anything to be A'holes. I got really skilled at dropping back and or pulling around and tearing off passenger mirrors......
post #5 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 10:13 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone
Dunno....I used to ride in Boston and Providence an awful lot. Tons of angry drivers there that'll do anything to be A'holes. I got really skilled at dropping back and or pulling around and tearing off passenger mirrors......
i had a buddy who said he kicked mirrors off as well...i guess it's more common than i thought....
post #6 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

In high school, my friend and I were walking home and a truck load of guys drives buy at about 40 mph and throws a full, unopened can of soda at us. Thankfully we watched them throw it so we could duck. It hit the wall and exploded. A 40 mph 12 oz. bullet at someones head would kill them.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 11:22 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Had asimilar incident many years ago. Riding in a residential neighborhood, I notice a pick up coming towards me except it looked like the driver's door was open or something. It was dark so it was hard to see, but I could tell somethings wasn't right. As the truck approached, they launched a trash can (old style metal galvanized model) at me. Since I was already on high alert, I managed to dodge it without much drama. That could have been a bad one, as well.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

reading these stories are tripping me out guys.....its just hard to imagine the sheer stupidity and carelessness of people. Does anyone else carry a hammer somewhere on their bike to smash out a window of these people like Billy Lane? (the kicking off the mirrors comment made me think of that)
post #9 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Chad I hope you got that bastards plate. Give it to the MSP and have a report written. Take the report and seek prosecution, that is BS.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-01-2005, 12:08 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Try riding a bicycle. They were having a USCF event (race) somewhere in middle-Tennessee last year and a CAT 5 rider was riding along and a guy throws a pipe at him, hits him in the jaw and puts a hole in his cheek. Luckily the guy was arrested. People are retarded. I know all kinds of people who have had things thrown at them....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in