R6 owners! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-07-2007, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

R6 owners!

hey i know allot of us here own different bikes and a zx10 so wanted to pass this along.
This weekend i got a call from a buddy and he had no front brakes.... Well i told him to stop by so i could take a look. at the same time my IT guy was coming by on his bike. he also owns a r6. well when mike gets here i go threw his brake system and all is good but there is no front brakeing.... wont bleed or nothing...? I call a freind and he ask "does it have aftermarket brake levers?" well yea there powdercoat blue. "there's your problem. the r6 aftermarket levers from 01 to current have a plunger thats too long." so i take the lever loos and sure enough POP the master cyclender pop's out about a 1/8th inch. The brakes couldnt get fluid from the resovar. So i grind the end down about 1/16th and poof it works like a charm!
Powder coat right? NO i look one off my IT guys bike and he has aluminum aftermarket WITH THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! different company and everything! i was amazed to see 2 companys with the same problem!!!!
THE FIX!
look at the lever see the round dial? There is a arrow on it. on the oposite end the arrow is pointing grind alittle metal off then smooth out and debur. there should be alittle daylight between the plunger and the brake. this allows fresh fluid to flow in and out.
THE RISK
if the bike sits for alittlewhile you may hop on it and not have front brakes the next time you need them.

Post this in ya'lls r-6 forums fellas. didnt want to fog up the member list.
10 speed
Randy

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in