Question on leathers-Joe Rocket or Spidi? Quality, fit inpu - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Question on leathers-Joe Rocket or Spidi? Quality, fit inpu

I am looking for a 2 piece leathers. Am currently looking at the Joe Rocket GPX suit and a Spidi Norick suit. The SPidi is about $100 more. How is the quality of these suits, fit, etc? Any input? I also came across a set of Dainese leathers that are a year old and about the same price as the Spidi suit new. Not sure which suit is better for the money.

Green ZX10, Scotts Dampener, Muzzy Ti, Power Commander, braided lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
I can give a big thumbs up for Dainese, mine are of great quality. I had a set of JRs about 5 years ago and the quality was terrible, but I've heard that they're much better now. About 10 years ago when JR first came out I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me for free. Not sure about Spidi, but I've only heard/read good things. If you have the chance to try them on, that would be a big plus.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #3 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 09:55 AM
SP8
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

From what I hear Spidi suits are great. I would spend the extra $100 on Spidi over Joe Rocket any day. I would get Spidi myself, but I'm a short fecker at 5' 4". So I'm getting a Vanson custom suit. Vanson's shop is only a 2 hour ride from my house. Dainese is another sweet suit maker, if you got the dough.......
post #4 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I too will vouch for Dainese. I've crashed in both Joe Rocket and Dainese and the JR left little to be desired.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 11:53 AM

Posting Frequency

Spidi's are top notch quality!!
post #6 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 01:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gladding24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton
I too will vouch for Dainese.
[smilie=m:
I've had my Dainese GTR 2 piece suit for about 10 years now. Absolutely top quality. Top price, but you get what you pay for. I've seen a lot of JR's that hit the ground once and they're done for. If you don't mind shelling out a few hundred $$$ each time you go down to buy a new suit I guess the JR is okay. I know the seams have a tendancy to tear out on impact.
Another you may want to consider is Z Custom Leathers, especially if an off the rack suit doesn't fit too well. Every Z Custom is just that, custom made. They take all your measurements and build a suit for you, not for a size 54, or 48, or 60. Nice stuff and not too spendy either.
Spidi's are really good quality, from what I've heard. If you're serious about the quality of your leathers, look somewhere other than JR. Just my $.02, YMMV

Stop Whining!!!
It ain't easy being Green ~ Kermit The Frog
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....Even if you win...you are still retarded

CaliSuperbikes- "these are high strung machines, and we're giving them a constant dose of Red Bull"
post #7 of 11 Old 08-07-2004, 04:49 PM

Posting Frequency

Go with the spidi :D
post #8 of 11 Old 08-08-2004, 12:48 AM

Posting Frequency

I had a Spidi Raptor Wind. One of their high end suits. I crashed in it and was unhurt. Sold it to a buddy and he crashed in it twice. Once pretty bad. All the seams were intact as they cut it off his body. They are excellent quality suits.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-08-2004, 04:41 AM

Posting Frequency

i think that the alpinestar sx-1 is one of the best suits out there and i have also had the opertunity (unwillingly) to crash test it and i think that it could be said that you dont truly know the quality of a suit until you've crashed with it on, and the alpinestars suit made the crash painless and it held together just fine, it was a little scraped up where i slid on it of course but no seams were broken and it wasnt compramised in any way and i'm able to still use it without any repair.

post #10 of 11 Old 08-08-2004, 05:48 AM

Posting Frequency

Im moving this to offtopic. Also there is a threa in there 3-4 pages long on this same subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in