Question about the Light spectrum - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

Question about the Light spectrum

This is something I've though about recently. The statement black is no colours and white is all the colours I think is flawed. If that's the case wtf is clear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 05:18 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

lol mind fuck? Its not a color in the sense of light and darkness, but in the case of color pigments it is. If u mix the 3 primary colors u wont get jet black, but ull get a blackish color, but u cant mix any color paint to get white, except in the light spectrum a color reflects the wavelengths in the NM range that our retinal cones respond to.

If that makes sense lol, I kept brain shitting while trying to respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s

Last edited by BigCat10R; 05-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

black is no color in a sense that if you shine a full spectrum light on a black object, i will not reflect any light. thats why it appears black. White color appears white for the exact opposite reason - it reflects all the light. Clear is something that does not reflect light (relatively speaking).

You can only see objects or colors because of their ability to reflect light.
post #4 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The answer is simple: There is no spoon.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

"Clear by definition neither reflects nor emits any portion of the visible light spectrum so no, clear is not a color. It transmits light. A prism is clear. White light passing through it is broken into the classic rainbow spectrum. Those colors are a characteristic of the light and not the clear prism. Change the spectral composition of the light and the color mix of the "rainbow" changes. Change (color) the prism and it is no longer clear."

will i know when its finally done?
this whole life's a hallucination.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Ima just say to whats been said. Black is the absorbtion of all colors being emitted, and not transmitting any to your eye. White is the reflection of all colors, transmitting it all back to your eye. Clear is no color, clear is a medium that light can travel through.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #7 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Ima just say to whats been said. Black is the absorbtion of all colors being emitted, and not transmitting any to your eye. White is the reflection of all colors, transmitting it all back to your eye. Clear is no color, clear is a medium that light can travel through.
I agree with this. Clear is a medium (solid, liquid, etc.) with little or no reflective properties.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by knej29642 View Post
I agree with this. Clear is a medium (solid, liquid, etc.) with little or no reflective properties.
I knew I liked this guy.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #9 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

One thing is how the human eye and brain perceives given image. In that context, both black and white can be considered colors. I don't know how physics defines colors (and if it defines them at all), since most of the electromagnetic spectrum is invisible, and hence has no color at all.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
One thing is how the human eye and brain perceives given image. In that context, both black and white can be considered colors. I don't know how physics defines colors (and if it defines them at all), since most of the electromagnetic spectrum is invisible, and hence has no color at all.
Its defined by wavelength. Each color corresponds to particular amount of energy contained in the wave. The part we are concerned with is the visible light portion, which makes up a very small section of the spectrum. I always forget, but I believe red is the most energetic and has the shortest wavelength, and Violet is the opposite, least energy and longest wavelength. This is all in terms of the visible spectrum though. Infra-Red light has more energy and a shorter wavelength that Visible Red and Ultra-Violet has less a longer wavelength.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, Ive been out of Physics for 2 years now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in