Pulled over for wheelie on freeway - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to !v@n Send a message via Yahoo to !v@n
Pulled over for wheelie on freeway

I got pulled over for doing a wheelie on the freeway on tuesday. My bike got impounded for not having an M1 license and i had to pay a $220 impound fee to get the bike out. I got ticketed for reckless driving and no license. Has anyone gotten a reckless driving ticket and how much did they pay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You better go get a lawyer. It will be worth the money. The lawyer will get everything droped and you will just have to pay a fine.
I had gotten pulled over in my car the friday before 4th of July, and it turned out my license was suspended so the impounded my car and took my plates. (I was bumbed out) All this for a mistake that the court made. Anyway I was hit with like 5 tickets, got a lawyer and as it turns out today I go to court and get my license back and will have to pay $150 to the court. No points just a fine and I'm ok with that.

07' Blue ZX-10R Lowered, Fender Eliminator,PC3, TRE, Ivan's custom tune, Frame Sliders, Helibars and Racefit Growler...............
05' ZX-10R SOLD......
post #3 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I got pulled over for doing a wheelie on the freeway on tuesday. My bike got impounded for not having an M1 license and i had to pay a $220 impound fee to get the bike out. I got ticketed for reckless driving and no license. Has anyone gotten a reckless driving ticket and how much did they pay?

Honestly, i have to give you props for pulling over because i wouldn't have. If i had no license, was doing a wheelie(which means 6point ticket, might go to jail, and might my bike impounded) i would have ran like a scalded dog and never look back. At least you got some sence, i lost mine along time ago.

Oh yea, 6point reckless ticket; got one on a bridge; road blocked at the end was looking at over $800 in fines and losing my lisence. They were threating to take me to jail because of excessive speed and evading, i told them i didn't even hear the siren or saw any blue lights. The where yelling and saying thats because you blew by us. I just told them that it was 2:00 in the morning and there isnt anyone out and no one other cars on the bridge. I just went into court well prepared with alot of case law and had talked with a friend who is a lawyer. I got off on $125fine, kept my license, and had took a driving course which cost me $75 and two nights.

When two men step into the ring, one and only one deserves to win. When you step into the ring, you gotta know you deserve to win. You gotta know destiny owes you victory ‘cos you trained harder than your opponent. You sparred harder. You ran farther

Last edited by BryanB; 09-28-2006 at 01:05 PM.
post #4 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

good luck with the ticket

When two men step into the ring, one and only one deserves to win. When you step into the ring, you gotta know you deserve to win. You gotta know destiny owes you victory ‘cos you trained harder than your opponent. You sparred harder. You ran farther
post #5 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Damn dude you just bought yourself a nice pair of Alpinestars boots.
post #6 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Lawyer.

'05 ZX-10R
'09 Streetglide
post #7 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC24
Lawyer.
Its not like that here in SoCal. You're pretty much done no matter what lawyer you have.
post #8 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to !v@n Send a message via Yahoo to !v@n
yeah in California they are pretty bad, they don't drop stuff very easily. i probably will get a lawyer
post #9 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:28 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The reckless won't stick if you fight it, reckless= (willful and wanton disregaurd for life and/or property) as long as you were not chasing someone with the wheel up you will be fine.

SG

Green is fastest.
post #10 of 68 Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
yeah in California they are pretty bad, they don't drop stuff very easily. i probably will get a lawyer
They just don't understand how the system works around here. How much will this thing cost you in total without the lawyer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in