Ps3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ps3

I saw a demo of PS3, and let me tell you, it will take your breath away. There is NOTHING that compares, now i haven't seen the xbox 360. but we got alot of demos mostly showing the chip, i mean there is an F1 game that they had to put before the demo "this is not live tv" and no kidding, it looked like it was live tv. they even had the chip running a video camera to show its rendering capabilites, absolutly amazing and you can only say to yourself, "whats next?"

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-28-2005, 07:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Whens it do out, whens it do out I say?!!!!!

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I heard that it will be next year sometime. It is gonna be freakin awesome!!!!

Kenny Poppell
AMA Dragbike SuperSport #1000
2007 AMA Dragbike 1000SS National Champion
2007 1000SS 1/8th ET Record Holder 5.967
Best 1/[email protected] Best 1/[email protected] Stock Wheelbase
Special Thanks:

Performance Psycle
Richies Tires
http://www.XXXRacingFuel.com
http://www.SuperbikeSpecialties.com
http://www.Tsukigi.com
http://www.CycleConceptsRacing.com
http://www.myspace.com/ruthlessracing1
post #4 of 13 Old 09-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Most of these "demos" are not actual games, just cut scenes and movies.
Once the processor power starts getting used for the actual gameplay physics, AI, etc. there won't be as much left over for graphics.
I'm going to reserve judgement until an actual playable game comes out, then I'll be impressed (or not).
post #5 of 13 Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

damn it! something else to take more money. damn it damn it damn it. when does it come out? we needs dates!!!
post #6 of 13 Old 09-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to dscsk8er55 Send a message via MSN to dscsk8er55
Dude all the new console are going to be the $hit!!! I was reading the specs on the new Nintendo one, 32 mb physics card, 2.5 GHZ (mips architecture i think) processor, and 256 mb ATI card running at 600 mz.

The XBOX 360 is going to be sick too. I haven't read the specs but I saw a screenshot of the guys working on Project Gotham 3 were trying to "break" it. They loaded up on of their race tracks and place 35,000 people in the scene as spectators. They said it didn't even take a frame rate hit. That stuff is just crazy but believable.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-29-2005, 07:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not entirely true. Although the Demos are not actual games, They arent just cut scenes, and movies. Most of the stuff I've seen for the PS-3 is actual in game footage, clipped and put on a demo CD. There are a few FMV (full motion video...CG movies) Clips of some of the games, but the actual game play looks just as good as the FMV stuff. Killzone is one of the games that looks Awesome.
But be warned, It's not going to be cheap, and it wont be here (IMHO) by this time NEXT YEAR. It's going to be close to 500 bucks if not more, from what Im reading..certainly not less than 400. It will blow MS X-box 360 and Nintendo away. With it's ALL High Def 1080 P/I and 720 P Output, and Sonys new Blue-Ray DVD format. It's going to be a monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyH
Most of these "demos" are not actual games, just cut scenes and movies.
Once the processor power starts getting used for the actual gameplay physics, AI, etc. there won't be as much left over for graphics.
I'm going to reserve judgement until an actual playable game comes out, then I'll be impressed (or not).

BK
05-ZX10R
2K ZX-7R
01' ZX-6R<-- Wifes
post #8 of 13 Old 09-29-2005, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

ok, alittle more background for you, what i saw were ACTUAL GAMES, except for the video camera demo, obviously an actual video recording. there was like tekken 5 or 6 i dont know but a fighting game sequal and that thing was just incredible. i work at ibm, as a military counterpart so i got to see and here the guru's from sony and ibm that actually designed and demo the whole thing. its far beyond anything out there today, the chip is bascially a supercomputer, makes your desktop look like it was from 1980, and i don't give a damn what pentium 4 or amd you have. trust me, the ps3 and xbox will both be using the same/similar chip, and its nuts. xbob is coming out like thanksgiving, ps3 is around april i think.

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
post #9 of 13 Old 09-29-2005, 08:15 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to kahoo5
Oh great I better start saving now. Besides bike parts now I will need to get this for BBB and my son.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space

--- Anon
post #10 of 13 Old 09-29-2005, 08:47 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Here are the Specs on the Cell CPU for the PS-3..

The Cell processor was co-designed by IBM, Toshiba and Sony. Configurations can differ, but here's what the PS3's Cell chip will be like:

PowerPC-based Core @ 3.2GHz
7 SPEs @ 3.2GHz
512KB L2 Cache
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPEs
Basically, a single Cell processor is designed to act like multiple processors working together, or even independently. A Cell processor has a single PowerPC Architecture Unit (PAU) and multiple Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs). A Cell's PAU dolls out instructions to its various SPEs, which can then independently work on tasks. So for instance, one SPU might be programmed to run a game's AI while another handles physics. Since each one acts independently, multiple calculations can be done simultaneously. In other words, it's very powerful. In fact, it's powerful enough to perform 218 GFLOPS.

And the Graphics chip...

NVIDIA's chip is codenamed RSX. The chip runs at 550MHz and is capable of rendering two 1080p signals simultaneously. It's touted to hit 1.8 TFLOPS of floating point performance and can perform 100 billion shader operations per second, or 136 shader operations per cycle. The RSX uses 128-bit precision for enhanced color definition, making the system capable of High Dynamic Range rendering. Programming-wise, it's based on OpenGL and NVIDIA's CG language.
NVIDIA recently released its GeForce 7800 GTX GPU for the PC, which provides a reasonable real-world approximation of what sort of effects the RSX and PlayStation 3 can handle. The RSX is a step beyond the GeForce 7800 GTX however, making it faster than anything currently available for the PC.

And FYI...the X-box 360's specs..

Xbox 360 will have three processor cores, each running at 3.2 GHz. On top of that, each processor is capable of running two threads a piece, meaning that the console will be able to handle six instructions simultaneously. How difficult it is for developers to code for the system is unknown, though it seems quite obvious now that Microsoft's XNA project was made for a very specific purpose.

Xbox 360's GPU is based on ATI's next-generation graphics chip, putting it at least one generation beyond its current X850 card for PCs.

The GPU runs at 500MHz and features 48 shader units, which are not directly comparable to traditional pixel pipelines. Rather than having pixel and vertex shaders work as separated elements like on current PC video cards, each shader unit can perform either pixel or vertex shading as necessary. This allows the system to move performance to where it's needed, either for more effects or more raw geometry rendering.

From a hardware Point I dont think the X-box 360 will be a good as the PS-3. Both are going to be great, but I think Sony will attract the serious gamers who really want HD. And MS will cater to the lower budget people.

Also Sony says the PS-3 will be out in Spring of 06..BUT Sony has NEVER released a console In the U.S. first, They always release it in Japan first (to work out any bugs) Then they send it to the U.S. 6 months to a year AFTER the Japan launch. Save your pennies. It's gonna cost ya for a PS-3

Qoute from a Sony Exc. about the price of the PS-3

"Kutaragi said the company wants "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else." Translation...$$$$

BK
05-ZX10R
2K ZX-7R
01' ZX-6R<-- Wifes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in