Poser is as poser does... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Poser is as poser does...

I ride a sports bike (2008 ZX-14). Most guys my age (52) who ride, ride Harleys or other cruiser types. While I have nothing for, or against Harleys or the other cruisers, I have to say that 90% of Harley riders are freakin' out and out posers. In their nice pretty (read never used) leather and their shiny bikes all of which they bought to look badass. Most can't or worse, won't, even work on their bikes and are more concerned about how they look than they are improving their riding skills. Starbucks runs, fashion show rides, never been in a tat parlor or a biker bar. I have some friends who ride and do not fit the poser mold, but the VAST majority, IMO are. Posers that is. Where I live it is generally considered cruiser country, so I am truly a minority. 52 AND I ride a sports bike. Wouldn't have it any other way. Sorry for the rant.

Black Stig

"Be what you is, 'cause if you is what you ain't, you ain't what you is"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 05:51 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

Its a popular fad for sure, and you see alot of sportbike riders doin the same. Jixxer riders with huge shicken strips goin from starbucks to bike night or a city cruise, etc. Its all about the image IMO. I tend to stay away from that.

One time i rode with my buddy's friends and all we did was ride downtown, and the whole time they revved their motors it was CRAZY. So i took them out of town for twisty/wheelie riding and they looked so lost. It was the funniest and worst experience i cant stand those guys.

post #3 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stig View Post
I ride a sports bike (2008 ZX-14). Most guys my age (52) who ride, ride Harleys or other cruiser types. While I have nothing for, or against Harleys or the other cruisers, I have to say that 90% of Harley riders are freakin' out and out posers. In their nice pretty (read never used) leather and their shiny bikes all of which they bought to look badass. Most can't or worse, won't, even work on their bikes and are more concerned about how they look than they are improving their riding skills. Starbucks runs, fashion show rides, never been in a tat parlor or a biker bar. I have some friends who ride and do not fit the poser mold, but the VAST majority, IMO are. Posers that is. Where I live it is generally considered cruiser country, so I am truly a minority. 52 AND I ride a sports bike. Wouldn't have it any other way. Sorry for the rant.

Black Stig
Great rant. I gotta agree. I laugh everytime I pass a poser (when I'm at speed) and they don't even turn they're neck to look cuz they're scared to take their eyes off the road.

CCS/ASRA AM #567 Suck my Laughing Gas...Haha

My track videos: Homestead, Pt.1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AestzQ9E-Kc
Homestead, 3rd personhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvLTGUU4xI
Palm Bch Intern'tl Raceway w/ my lowside, lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyehVn95pE
Joker at Daytona-Team Hammer race school w/ John Hopkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YpPUATErMY
Penguin Roadrace School:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLORtCY8aiI
post #4 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I've noticed the trend of doctors and lawyers with too much money that are starting to buy Harley's and Cruisers. They have more money than riding skills.

I'm at the bike shop on the weekends and this well paid engineer comes and picks up his bike after installing a windscreen and the tech says to him "you might want to change your oil soon because you oil looks dark and it wouldn't hurt to get your primary oil changed also" The guy goes "I have a primary? What's that?"

So yeahr.

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1085/3891346/21968035/368184613.jpg
post #5 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 06:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

This trend has been going on for quite a while (Baby Boomers) The ones you speak of are called R.U.B. rich urban bikers (posers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #6 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
know whats even cooler than weekend bikers...... ruff ryders.... bwahahahahahahaha
post #7 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Everyone knows that you save the posing for your fancy car...

I don't really car about posers, it's the overly loud pipes, the stunters and runners that end up really getting people pissed at us.
I am not perfect but I try to use some common sense as to when and where I take my chances.

Not sure it's really posing if you choose to take your bike to the beach to watch women rather than driving out there. I'd rather ride just about anywhere I go, doesn't mean I'm going to drag a knee on the way there.

I've been riding too long to be a poser and I'll ride in the rain so I'm not fair weather either, just trying to be more tolerant in life.

Now windscreen and helmet spikes I have a hard time not snickering at, not a fan of chrome on a sportbike either but to each his own.
Chrome is kind of poserific to me, even if you are scraping a knee, it just screams look at me, look at me.

Extended bikes and blinged out busas aren't for me either but in some ways the more riders we have the better, posers included.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #8 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 09:28 PM
T Double D

Posting Frequency

I completly agree with you and have no problem with crusier guys and have owned them in the past i just have no need whatsoever for one in my garage ever and i agree most of them in there dirty jeans are posers and ride around going 15mph under the posted speed limit

2005 ZX10r
2009 Monster ZX14 brocked out
2009 SuperStreetBike Magazine Top Speed Challenge Winner ( on a zx10! )
post #9 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

couldn't agree more to your rant...

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
post #10 of 53 Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ronnulph
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze View Post
I've noticed the trend of doctors and lawyers with too much money that are starting to buy Harley's and Cruisers. They have more money than riding skills.

I'm at the bike shop on the weekends and this well paid engineer comes and picks up his bike after installing a windscreen and the tech says to him "you might want to change your oil soon because you oil looks dark and it wouldn't hurt to get your primary oil changed also" The guy goes "I have a primary? What's that?"

So yeahr.
Just found out about the primary today. My neighbor has a charging problem. He had a bad regulator but still won't charge after putting on a good one. Now he is in the process of pulling the stator. what a freaking job. LOL I thought pulling my plastics off was a pain!!!!!!!!

08 ZX10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in