Are PCIII USB's worth the money? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Are PCIII USB's worth the money?

I just got an 04' ZX-10 and I'm wondering what all I can do to beef it up a little. I have a carbon Yoshi Tri-oval slip on and that's it so far. I've heard that if you're not racing then the PC III isn't worth getting. What are you guys thoughts on adding a PCIII USB, K&N filter, and -1 tooth on the front. If I get the PCIII, I'll get a custom map done here at one of the shops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to byebyebusa Send a message via Yahoo to byebyebusa
The difference is there and worth the 3 bills it costs. The bike will run smoother, cooler, and you'll gain a little HP on the top end. The more mods you make, the bigger the difference. I slapped on a set of bolt on Yoshi's on the busa, bike popped a little, ran just a little rough.. added PCIII and it smoothened out and elimiated most of the pops. Bolted on a complete Akra Evo 2 on the ZX10 and I won't say it ran like crap without the PCIII but the stock computer couldn't deliver the fuel the bike wanted above 9k and ran just a little rough everyware. With the PCIII added, OMG what a difference. The bike runs smooth, super strong and I think the PCIII removed 5 lbs from my front tire.

99 ZRX1100 - tons of mods and still slow but FUN / 07 Yami FZ1 for the wifie.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 09:53 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yea, I'd say so . The best out so far and I can't complain about mine. It would be nice to be able to switch maps easier but I can't bitch too much.

The only thing nessecary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

"sometimes in order to truly live life you must risk it."

You hit the lights, I hit the gas...

THERE ARE ONLY THREE SPEEDS, FAST, VERY FAST, AND OH SHIT!
post #4 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to byebyebusa Send a message via Yahoo to byebyebusa
Hmm that would be a cool feature.. have the ability to load 4 maps then a select switch to choose which one to run.. hmmmmm

99 ZRX1100 - tons of mods and still slow but FUN / 07 Yami FZ1 for the wifie.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 10:25 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

If you don't have it, you won't miss it. If'n ya got one (with a good map), you'll swear by 'em. It boils down too wether you're happy with the performance as is. The trip down modification bld is long an expensive. Be warned!

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #6 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Yea, i'd say so too.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 10:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

my experience is that i put an arata full pipe on and the bike ran good with the stock map...then i loaded the dan kyle arata map(free, pseudo-generic, DK did development for arata) and the power characteristics were completely different ... the idle suffered(rougher) and the bike would come on a full 2 thousand rpms later, but WHOA!!! tank in the chest at 7 grand...BIG difference...i have threatened to get it dyno tuned, but damn, no need so far...sooooo IMO a pcIII is worth the investment...
post #8 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 10:53 AM
JBJ
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Funny you would ask...I just put one on this bike. Mostly because with an aftermark pipe, and because the bike is already lean for emissions, I was concerned about being too lean and causing damage.
I have an old computer I put in my garage and so have been swapping maps and going for a ride and then trying another...
I am still unclear on the maps designated "european model" and have not used on of those on my bike
As far as power...in the low RPM range (b4 4000) on the maps I have tried it has been more rough...but higher up...well

So to answer your question...especially if you put a K&N or BMC I would get one...look around...I bought mine from a fellow site member used....
post #9 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks fellas!!!
post #10 of 11 Old 10-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJ
Funny you would ask...I just put one on this bike. Mostly because with an aftermark pipe, and because the bike is already lean for emissions, I was concerned about being too lean and causing damage.
I have an old computer I put in my garage and so have been swapping maps and going for a ride and then trying another...
I am still unclear on the maps designated "european model" and have not used on of those on my bike
As far as power...in the low RPM range (b4 4000) on the maps I have tried it has been more rough...but higher up...well

So to answer your question...especially if you put a K&N or BMC I would get one...look around...I bought mine from a fellow site member used....

How are you selecting to run more or less fuel at each given rmp point? Are you using a wideband?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in