Palomar mountain CA - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Palomar mountain CA

So yesterday I went with some friends and rode through Palomar. I can't believe how many idiots do stupid shit on that mountain, I saw a good 3 or 4 people actually flying through a corner dragging knee, then hopping into the opposing trafics lane to pass cars with absolutely no idea if there is traffic getting ready to come around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good spirited ride through the canyons/mountains, but if people are going to ride that aggresively/stupidly it should be saved for the track. Really makes me hate riding on some of these beautiful twisty roads we have here in Cali because of these guys. Anyone else notice the same kind of stuff? I seem to see it more and more lately. Just bugs me when these guys could make one fatal mistake that has the potential to take me out too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian24 View Post
So yesterday I went with some friends and rode through Palomar. I can't believe how many idiots do stupid shit on that mountain, I saw a good 3 or 4 people actually flying through a corner dragging knee, then hopping into the opposing trafics lane to pass cars with absolutely no idea if there is traffic getting ready to come around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good spirited ride through the canyons/mountains, but if people are going to ride that aggresively/stupidly it should be saved for the track. Really makes me hate riding on some of these beautiful twisty roads we have here in Cali because of these guys. Anyone else notice the same kind of stuff? I seem to see it more and more lately. Just bugs me when these guys could make one fatal mistake that has the potential to take me out too.

I think this has been happening since the first person threw a leg over the first bike When I was younger it was me and now You kids get off my DARN lawn Try getting out earlier for the ride kids like to sleep in

2011 zx10r
Ducati 996
post #3 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Im no kid but I would be trying to get my knee down on some of those mountain roads! But not while I was passing a car

Its green and it says Kawasaki ninja zx10r on it!
post #4 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Yeah....seen some poor judgement on that mountain....

post #5 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by older guy View Post
yeah....seen some poor judgement on that mountain....
post #6 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

when there is no traffic, that is a fantastic road to go relatively quick on and have a lot of fun riding. You are correct about the idiots though, both cars and bikes alike. Whenever i roll out there i go early and leave early.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #7 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP10R View Post
when there is no traffic, that is a fantastic road to go relatively quick on and have a lot of fun riding. You are correct about the idiots though, both cars and bikes alike. Whenever i roll out there i go early and leave early.
I do agree with that. That road is a blast to ride on. Don't get me wrong either, I love to go fast just as much as the next guy, I just think it's ridiculously stupid what some of these people attempt to do on the twistys. Endangering your own life is one thing, but not everyone else out there.

I just noticed your location is San Diego too. It must be awesome living so near Palomar. Even with the occasional idiots that is still my absolute favorite place to ride.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

We go pretty often and only ride the lower half because the upper part of the mountain sucks because of the condition of the road. I see many guys go up there in jeans, or with a passenger and attempt to ride hard, or they have no ability and just pin it on the straights only to barely turn the bike in the corner. You are right, if i plan on really pushing, ill go to willow or chuckwalla, but if i want a spirited weekend run, ill hit up Palomar.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #9 of 15 Old 10-24-2011, 10:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=Brian24;1720588]So yesterday I went with some friends and rode through Palomar. I can't believe how many idiots do stupid shit on that mountain, I saw a good 3 or 4 people actually flying through a corner dragging knee, then hopping into the opposing trafics lane to pass cars with absolutely no idea if there is traffic getting ready to come around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good spirited ride through the canyons/mountains, but if people are going to ride that aggresively/stupidly it should be saved for the track. Really makes me hate riding on some of these beautiful twisty roads we have here in Cali because of these guys. Anyone else notice the same kind of stuff? I seem to see it more and more lately. Just bugs me when these guys could make one fatal mistake that has the potential to take me out too.[/QUO

It's bad enough that most who do it don't know what they are doing and endanger themselves but where I ride they take other people out with them....and they come from far away to do it..............

consequently the cops and locals get down on all the bikes that go up there..
the link below is the latest..........the 19 year old sport bike rider could'nt make a relatively easy turn crossed the line and took out a few cruisers coming in the opposite direction

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/sep/...-33-downs-six/

http://www.russbrown.com/motorcycle-...rcyclists.html
post #10 of 15 Old 10-25-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1000s View Post
It's bad enough that most who do it don't know what they are doing and endanger themselves but where I ride they take other people out with them....and they come from far away to do it..............

consequently the cops and locals get down on all the bikes that go up there..
the link below is the latest..........the 19 year old sport bike rider could'nt make a relatively easy turn crossed the line and took out a few cruisers coming in the opposite direction

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/sep/...-33-downs-six/

http://www.russbrown.com/motorcycle-...rcyclists.html
Highway 33, that's one of the rodes you ride? Is that a nice rode with a decent amount of turns? I've heard of hwy 33 but I've never been on it before. I'm always looking for new places to ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in