Americans are lazy and many of us take what we have for granted. Welfare is given out like candy.
The entire welfare program needs to have strict guidelines:
1. You must be a legal citizen
2. You must pass a drug test and remain drug free while on welfare
3. You may not have children WHILE ON welfare
4. You must retain receipts showing proof of all purchases equalling the amount of money you are given monthly to demonstrate that you are buying the necessities of life and not Xbox 360's, 24" rims, window tint, ect
5. You must show proof that you're looking for employment
6. You may only reapply for welfare a select number of times before you are no longer allowed
7. You are no longer allowed to vote WHILE ON welfare as it would be a conflict of interest
Before you say that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this is "demeaning," realize that it wasn't too long ago that taking someone elses' money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning.
I'll think of some more