Opinions Please: Droid 2 vs. Droid X - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Opinions Please: Droid 2 vs. Droid X

So last Friday I finally gave up on AT&T. The service quality went downhill so drastically recently I really had no choice but to look elsewhere. I sadly gave up my beloved iphone and went to Verizon. That day, by the salesman's recommendation, I went with the Droid 2 rather than the Droid X. I now feel like I may have made a mistake. Looking at the hard stats I think the bigger screen and nicer camera would be nice on the X. I've only used the slide-out qwerty on the 2 twice, and it just doesn't work for me. So what's everyone's opinion? I think the 2 is great, and I like it just as much as I did my 3GS, just thinking the X may be an even better fit for me. I have 30 days to switch, with just a small fee and some wait time.. unfortunately I already damaged the 2 slightly (nothing bad) and that could further complicate things.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker

Last edited by nickalltogether; 08-24-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickalltogether View Post
So last Friday I finally gave up on AT&T. The service quality went downhill so drastically recently I really had no choice but to look elsewhere. I sadly gave up my beloved iphone and went to Verizon. That day, by the salesman's recommendation, I went with the Droid 2 rather than the Droid X. I now feel like I may have made a mistake. Looking at the hard stats I think the bigger screen and nicer camera would be nice on the X. I've only used the slide-out qwerty on the 2 twice, and it just doesn't work for me. So what's everyone's opinion? I think the 2 is great, and I like it just as much as I did my 3GS, just thinking the X may be an even better fit for me. I have 30 days to switch, with just a small fee and some wait time.. unfortunately I already damaged the 2 slightly (nothing bad) and that could further complicate things.
im month to month with att and have just been waiting for the EVO to come out so i could get hands on and compare with the droid x. the droid x is an all around better device than the 2. heres just one short comparison i found http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...st-the-Droid-X

id switch.

- Doc
post #3 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to switch :( AT&T just fell off 2 months ago for no evident reason... literally no signal anywhere other than 3G areas, which aren't super common in NC yet. So far I'm very happy with Verizon and my phone though.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
post #4 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I like my Sprint HTC Evo4 and one major bonus sprint has its own towers and it also runs off verizon as "roaming" but with unlimited everything it doesnt really matter.. The htc evo tho costs $10 more then any other sprint phone cuz of 4G capabilities but the only time i saw 4G was in Texas and it drained my battery so fast.. Love my phone tho

-famousoutlaw-
09 ZX10r 8000k HIDS, Red led running lights, Akrapovic slip on.
post #5 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

IMO the Droid X is really nice, but in reality its phone and because of that I feel that it is just too big. I know they are catering to the "big screen" generations, but it just don't want something that big to carry around all the time. I love my smartphones and love to have all the gadgets and whatnot with them, but I'm not into watching videos and movies on my phone that much - I'd rather use a full PC of TV for that.

If my contract was up and I could get a new phone cheap I would get the Droid Incredible. I played with it at the store and it seems really nice and snappy, plus its normal sized and very light. For now I'm gunna keep what I have and wait to see what new stuff comes out in May when I'm up for a new one... Hopefully an even better Android phone of normal size that supports the new upcoming LTE networks.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
post #6 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

im one of those verizon owners who drools over iphone coming to cdma!

Florida has a poor job market! :headshake
post #7 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
i use my iphone literally a hundred times a day...and i make maybe 5 phone calls...my phone isnt a phone...its my mobile link to the world...and it just happens to have a phone built in...or, as the SigO calls it "the SOAK" or Source of All Knowledge...and i drank the iphone koolaid years ago, but the iphone 4 has just fallen short of my expectations...apple has gotten lazy and was resting on its laurels...bad move on their part...i bet the iphone 5 will kick ass, but for now, im looking at android based devices

- Doc
post #8 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Droid X

I just got my Droid X today. I still getting use to it, but it's a pretty good smart phone. I was looking getting the Droid 2 also, but I think I made the right decision with the Droid X. Droid 2 comes with the latest and greatest os, but it won't be officially release for Droid X unit Sept. Another downside for the Droid X is, you will have to wait probably 2wks before you can get one. They are on back order.

2004 Blazing Orange ZX-10R
post #9 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

My woman got hers about a month ago (droid x) and really likes it. i have played with it a little and the one thing that stands out to me is how fast it is at everything. Web, videos, or whatever else you do loads very quickly. It is a bit big though. Its not the phone for me, ill stick to my blackberry for a while yet, but she really loves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #10 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
but the iphone 4 has just fallen short of my expectations...apple has gotten lazy and was resting on its laurels...bad move on their part...
I was following all the hype and leaked info on the iPhone 4. There was A LOT more expected of it from everyone. If you do the comparison the specs are near identical to the iPad other than the physical size of it. The iPhone runs smooth and is quick but for be released after some of the android phone and having a slower processor and stuff seems crazy. BUT there seems to be a reason. If apple made an iPhone the blew the doors off (spec wise) all other phones, it would have made the phone way better than the iPad and iPad sales would plummet. They basically do the same things, just one is bigger and one has a phone, so if you had a choice between size, or better performance and a phone its a no brainer. Plus apple knows they don't have to be at the top of the top anymore - they have enough of a fan base to buy anything new they put out there.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in