Opinions on the ICON jackets????? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Opinions on the ICON jackets?????

Well I've out grown my AGV so I'm looking at the icon neo or the icon motorheard jackets. My biggest concern is how well these jackets vent and the protection it will provide. I know on a couple of sites I've visited it said they have CE armor but no mention of any back protection. Also, how well do they fit. Do the sizes run large or small? If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.......

Everyone has a photographic memory
...some just don't have any film.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
My wife has the daytona. The quality is good...minimal back protection though...just a think foam pad. But if you had a good back protector you'd be fine.

I think they jackets are great!

If youre looking for a great used 2 peice suit though...hit me up...its yours for $200!

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #3 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 12:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't personally own one yet, but will in the near future. My riding buddy has the motorhead and he loves it. I think the back protector as well as all the other armor is titanium. He also loves it, do to the fact that it breathes very well even on the hot days. Construction of the jacket seems to be pretty good. From reading about it I think it's right in line with the other manufactor's as far as the thickness and quality of the leather, I believe it's 1.2-1.4 which is a pretty decent number as far as thickness goes. Sizes from what I understand, as with all Icon products, run a little small. In checking prices I believe www.calsportbike.com had some of the most competitive around, and is also a site sponsor here, if I remember correctly from reading other posts. Hopefully this helps.

All you need to know is in the avatar...yea, it's that fast!
post #4 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 12:30 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
i like icon i was rockin them since they first came out

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I have the icon motorhead and love it, fits well, protection is really good, venting is good, and it has the liner that can be removed.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have two motorhead jackets.. they are good quality and the leather is nice and thick. I am 6' 190lbs. and the XL was too big. I have a large now.
the venting is great. The inside of the sl;eeve has venting all the way up and if it gets chilly out at night you'll wish you had on a long sleeve shirt.(the venting is that good) the Just make sure you buy the right size and you'll love it.the XL I have is a little big and it lets air down the collar and that is annoying. I paid $280 for the black one I have when they first came out and I just aquired the other one for $130 brand new off of ebay. (having a lime green bike comes in handy in finding cheap gear to match your bike...lol.)
I think there gloves suck ass, but I have been happy with both the jackets AND the boots I have. (super duty)

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #7 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzman
I don't personally own one yet, but will in the near future. My riding buddy has the motorhead and he loves it. I think the back protector as well as all the other armor is titanium. He also loves it, do to the fact that it breathes very well even on the hot days. Construction of the jacket seems to be pretty good. From reading about it I think it's right in line with the other manufactor's as far as the thickness and quality of the leather, I believe it's 1.2-1.4 which is a pretty decent number as far as thickness goes. Sizes from what I understand, as with all Icon products, run a little small. In checking prices I believe www.calsportbike.com had some of the most competitive around, and is also a site sponsor here, if I remember correctly from reading other posts. Hopefully this helps.

Hmmm no titanium at all in the motorhead Jacket. there is a backpad but it's of the closed cell type not a hard plastic one. and I have to say that there sizes are actually running a little big in the jackets In my experience and I had to learn that the hard way.
www.newenough.com has a nice subjective review to read on the motorhead jacket (as with all of there products).

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #8 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 01:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
I have the Icon mesh jacket.

I love it.

I wrecked at 80 mph and slid for a while with my bike on my back.

One small road rash on my elbow where it wore through.

i still wear the jacket to this day.

It has some scratches on the metal plates but is otherwise in good shape still.

I FULLY RECOMMEND THE JACKET TO YOU!!!

ya ya ya...
post #9 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 02:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 05ZixxR
how about the icon superduty jacket...any experience w/ that jacket amongst the 10's?

full ahead hard and fast....
post #10 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I have two icon jackets, both mesh. I love them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in